blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:56:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 536156 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: July 27, 2018, 11:12:10 AM »

Bench press update.  Did 95kg flat 3 reps no spot and 85kg incline same today.  No idea where this sudden increase in power has come from other than doing it first after a few weeks of heavy dumbbells first.  Felt good and really wanted to go for 100kg for a rep but didn't have a spot so going to rest up this week and try it next week straight off the bar after a warm up set.

100% going to get that 100kg if we ever get round to a meet up although you'll probably have it before then anyway.

I'd say my 3rm is about 122.5 which translates to a current 1rm of about 135 so that gives you an idea of where you might be.

I'm helped hugely by having a good training partner so there's always a spot there when needed.

Perhaps next time instead of doing 3 reps at 95kg you just do 3 singles and go 95, 97.5 then 100? You know you've got 3 reps in you at 95 so with a break in between it should work quite nicely.

You'll know how good you're feeling at the lower weights and then that 100kg will just fly up. Once you've got through that mental barrier it'll become easy.

One thing I would say if you're going to do this is to add 1.25kg discs rather than swap out for 20kg plates. I know it looks better but unless they're calibrated plates you could end up with quite a big difference in the actual weight on the bar and when you're close to limits it could make a big difference.

Great progress though especially to think a few weeks ago you'd pretty much given up on bench altogether.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: July 27, 2018, 05:35:38 PM »

Few back pb's today.  100kg bent over barbell row for 4 reps.  100kg t bar row same 6 reps.  62.5kg upright row 4 reps.  Did 40kg dumbbell overhead tricep press quite easily for 6 reps.  Need bigger dumbbells now for that one felt like i had plenty more in the tank.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: July 28, 2018, 11:59:57 PM »

Started a bit of a hypertrophy block on chest today so got some good volume in.

4 x 8 @ 100kg followed by 4 x 10 - 12 at 100kg with the slingshot all on the flat bench.

Finished with some cables flies for a really good burn out.

Felt absolutely knackered at the end of the session but it's understandable given that recently I've not gone above 4 reps for any heavy work.

Pleasantly surprised with the 4 x 8 especially as there were a few more reps there if I'd really pushed. Feels like the good old days strength wise Smiley

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: July 29, 2018, 03:39:19 PM »

Finally bought a new battery for my scales so I've been able to have my first weigh in for 3 months.

I first reduced my calories at the end of April when I was 105kg. Weighed in today at 97.8kg so just over 7kg lost.

I'm quite surprised to be this light although I had noticed all my jeans getting a bit baggy around the waist so not a complete shock I suppose.

The good news is that I don't appear to have lost any strength so I'm happy to stick to the current food intake for a while yet and see how far the weight loss goes. I'm sure I'll level out sometime soon so it would probably be a good time to count the calories so I know for future reference where I need to be to hover around the low to mid 15st area.

The abs are just starting to try to pop out to say hi for the first time in ten years which is nice. I've actually been doing some regular abs training which is obviously helping as well as helping to strengthen my mid section. This seems to be helping the squats and deadlifts a bit as everything is starting to get back to where it was pre-injury. I feel far more confident on the heavier lifts now that nothing's going to suddenly go pop. This doesn't mean I'm going to go crazy, just enjoying being able to do a few squats and deadlifts without worrying about setting myself back 6 weeks.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: July 30, 2018, 04:37:07 PM »

I've somehow managed to get myself in to a mini weight loss bet.

Starting weight 15st 5lb

Target weight 14st 13lb

I've got until I go to Magaluf on September 20th to get there so just over 7 weeks. Should be easy enough as it's a similar rate of loss to that I've been seeing over the past 3 months.

I'm going to make a few little tweaks just to make sure I get there. Out with the light mayo with lunch and in with lighter than light. Also slightly reducing the portion by 15g for a weekly saving of 700kcals.

I'd been slowly re-introducing the occasional flapjack as well as a few pittas here and there so I'll cut those back out. Should be a piece of piss.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: July 31, 2018, 06:52:13 PM »

Just checked my intake and it's close as damn it to 2000 comprising 215g of protein.

BMR at current bodyweight is also 2000 so I don't really need to worry about changing anything to lose more weight as it should keep happening for a while if I just stay consistent.

Not sure how long I can keep this up. I'm sick of being hungry Sad

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: July 31, 2018, 06:58:19 PM »

Just checked my intake and it's close as damn it to 2000 comprising 215g of protein.

BMR at current bodyweight is also 2000 so I don't really need to worry about changing anything to lose more weight as it should keep happening for a while if I just stay consistent.

Not sure how long I can keep this up. I'm sick of being hungry Sad

I'm not looking forward to going back to 2-2500 a day, either Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: August 02, 2018, 04:43:01 PM »

Bench press update.  Did 95kg flat 3 reps no spot and 85kg incline same today.  No idea where this sudden increase in power has come from other than doing it first after a few weeks of heavy dumbbells first.  Felt good and really wanted to go for 100kg for a rep but didn't have a spot so going to rest up this week and try it next week straight off the bar after a warm up set.

100% going to get that 100kg if we ever get round to a meet up although you'll probably have it before then anyway.

I'd say my 3rm is about 122.5 which translates to a current 1rm of about 135 so that gives you an idea of where you might be.

I'm helped hugely by having a good training partner so there's always a spot there when needed.

Perhaps next time instead of doing 3 reps at 95kg you just do 3 singles and go 95, 97.5 then 100? You know you've got 3 reps in you at 95 so with a break in between it should work quite nicely.

You'll know how good you're feeling at the lower weights and then that 100kg will just fly up. Once you've got through that mental barrier it'll become easy.

One thing I would say if you're going to do this is to add 1.25kg discs rather than swap out for 20kg plates. I know it looks better but unless they're calibrated plates you could end up with quite a big difference in the actual weight on the bar and when you're close to limits it could make a big difference.

Great progress though especially to think a few weeks ago you'd pretty much given up on bench altogether.

Pissed the 100kg 1rm today on flat bench.  Did two reps without a spotter even being there quite easily.  Tried 102.5kg after but got half way and was fucked and couldn't bang it out.  Reckon if i jumped straight to 102.5 i would have done it easily.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: August 02, 2018, 05:38:55 PM »

Pissed the 100kg 1rm today on flat bench.  Did two reps without a spotter even being there quite easily.  Tried 102.5kg after but got half way and was fucked and couldn't bang it out.  Reckon if i jumped straight to 102.5 i would have done it easily.

Superb work.

Well done mate!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: August 02, 2018, 06:30:31 PM »

Superb work.

Well done mate!

Onwards and upwards.  Nice to get over that barrier.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: August 02, 2018, 11:29:18 PM »

Definitely the big one to get over, for sure.

Be interesting to see how much strength I've lost... After a month of eating chips, crisps, and sweets Grin

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: August 03, 2018, 01:08:00 PM »

PT came up with a new nightmare today ...

2 km row
1 mile run
2 km row
1 mile run
2 km row

for time..no stopping

me 44 min 58 secs.. PT 46 minutes Smiley  think he needs to step up his game loooool..

sounds easier than it is.. was fine until the second run.. really had to gut out the last half mile..so wanted to stop for a rest.. i seem to be a good rower in general so I have the PT there... but am officially fucked..his last words to me was im doing some new plans for you..oh oh may have backed myself into something here Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: August 03, 2018, 02:42:03 PM »

What you training for? SAS?

Fucking mental Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: August 05, 2018, 12:16:12 AM »

Excellent work mate and great to hit that 100kg milestone. 200kg deadlift should be there soon as well Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: August 05, 2018, 12:23:03 AM »

Volume work is going well on bench, certainly felt a lot easier than last week which was week 1 so always likely to be harder as it's a shock to the system.

Got the 4 x 8 at 100kg out much easier and with a bit left in the tank.

Slingshot sets went 12, 12, 8 and 11. Not sure what happened with the third set, just got all messed up and didn't really happen.

Might sneak an extra 2.5kg on next week or possibly finish with an AMRAP depending how I feel. Would be nice to maintain progress.

Very tough session with that many reps and I'm beginning to remember why I very rarely went above 100kg on bench in my heyday. Gets hard as you approach double figures.

Training partner's doing his 4 x 8 at 120kg just to keep me in check Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: