blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:59:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534043 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: July 16, 2018, 05:19:56 PM »

banged out 2 reps today without a spotter at 90kg flat bench and 2 reps 85g incline.  Reckon the 100kg is getting close.

Sounds that way definitely.

How's Sunday 19th August for a possible meet up? Bench press 1RM day all round and I might even try a squat.....

Most Sunday's fine for me generally.  Last few weeks been training in Nottingham at David Lloyd with my mate John McCann.  You want to meet up there or somewhere else?  He is a poker pro, lives in Nottingham and plays at dtd and we spoke about potentially meeting up with you for a training session.  He said he has been out with you and Skalie a couple of times and said you looked a beast!

That's either a long while ago then or he's got the wrong guy Cheesy

Happy to go to David Lloyd to see what it's all about, do they do day passes?

Also what's it like there for weights? Have they got decent sized dumbbells?

Could go to my place but they don't do day passes so can be awkward. They do guest passes but it means signing all kinds of forms and gets a bit tedious.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: July 16, 2018, 05:50:14 PM »

banged out 2 reps today without a spotter at 90kg flat bench and 2 reps 85g incline.  Reckon the 100kg is getting close.

How's Sunday 19th August for a possible meet up? Bench press 1RM day all round and I might even try a squat.....

Most Sunday's fine for me generally.  Last few weeks been training in Nottingham at David Lloyd with my mate John McCann.  You want to meet up there or somewhere else?  He is a poker pro, lives in Nottingham and plays at dtd and we spoke about potentially meeting up with you for a training session.  He said he has been out with you and Skalie a couple of times and said you looked a beast!

Could go to my place but they don't do day passes so can be awkward. They do guest passes but it means signing all kinds of forms and gets a bit tedious.

Day passes are £25 (pricey) but the outdoor pool/hot tub/sun bathing area on a sunny day is worth it on top of the gym.  The eye candy in the gym/behind the bar is also worth the pony entrance fee alone.  Dumbbells max'd at 50kg.  John gets some guest passes now and again for DL.  For an expensive gym the free weights/deadlifting areas are pretty sick.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:56:27 PM by arbboy » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: July 17, 2018, 12:14:29 AM »

First session back after my little break went really well.

OHP triples went up to 70kg again and they moved a bit better than last time. I also managed 4 x 8 pull ups which I'm really happy with. Would love to be able to have a good injury free run at these as I genuinely think there's no better back builder available.

Would be great to get my wings back, oh how I miss them Sad

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: July 18, 2018, 03:46:22 PM »

PT text me..try these..i was dying afterward ..

10 X Thrusters 40Kg
10 X Burpees

10 rounds for time..

so 200 reps

his a pro PT and 20 years younger than me.. scheduled for tomorrow..

update to follow or news of my early demise

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: July 18, 2018, 06:22:26 PM »

Good luck!

Most strenuous thing I'm doing today, is deciding if I want KFC or Chinese.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: July 18, 2018, 06:34:00 PM »

Most Sunday's fine for me generally.  Last few weeks been training in Nottingham at David Lloyd with my mate John McCann.  You want to meet up there or somewhere else?  He is a poker pro, lives in Nottingham and plays at dtd and we spoke about potentially meeting up with you for a training session.  He said he has been out with you and Skalie a couple of times and said you looked a beast!

Day passes are £25 (pricey) but the outdoor pool/hot tub/sun bathing area on a sunny day is worth it on top of the gym.  The eye candy in the gym/behind the bar is also worth the pony entrance fee alone.  Dumbbells max'd at 50kg.  John gets some guest passes now and again for DL.  For an expensive gym the free weights/deadlifting areas are pretty sick.

I'm going Brighton for SPT that weekend, and will likely have only just started going again.

If you get one just after Xmas, when I'm fully loaded up with goodness, I'm in Cheesy

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: July 19, 2018, 01:23:25 PM »

10 X Thrusters 40Kg
10 X Burpees

10 rounds for time..

so 200 reps

Yikes.. That certainly sounded easier than it was in practice.. warmed up with 20kg dumbells and knew there was no way im going a hundred reps non stop with those boys.. came down to 16kg so 32kg squat over head press thrusters.. PT used total 30KG on a bar ( his not a strength based PT but very fit.. im prob considerably stronger than he is ).. i ended up 15 seconds off his time although there is a possibility i done one more round as i got confused at round 6/7 but def done 10 rounds... rounds 6-10 were the breakers and frequent stops were needed.. 23 min 50 seconds wasnt bad for a first try.. i was abso fooooooked !

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: July 20, 2018, 12:55:14 PM »

10 X Thrusters 40Kg
10 X Burpees

10 rounds for time..

so 200 reps

Yikes.. That certainly sounded easier than it was in practice.. warmed up with 20kg dumbells and knew there was no way im going a hundred reps non stop with those boys.. came down to 16kg so 32kg squat over head press thrusters.. PT used total 30KG on a bar ( his not a strength based PT but very fit.. im prob considerably stronger than he is ).. i ended up 15 seconds off his time although there is a possibility i done one more round as i got confused at round 6/7 but def done 10 rounds... rounds 6-10 were the breakers and frequent stops were needed.. 23 min 50 seconds wasnt bad for a first try.. i was abso fooooooked !

You'd never catch me doing any of that crazy shit. God only know why you do it to yourself Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: July 20, 2018, 01:32:41 PM »

Shoulders seem to be coming along nicely. I'm still doing seated DB press once per week and last night managed 3 x 8 at 34kg which I'm really pleased with.

This was after 4 x 8 pull ups which are starting to feel good again. I'm aiming to do these a minimum of 3 times per week and might have to start going weighted soon if progress continues.

Incline DB earlier in the week were up to 38kg for a set of 10.

Trying to keep all the DB shoulder work to light weight high rep to hopefully build some more stability and completely remove the injuries over time.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: July 20, 2018, 02:58:38 PM »

10 X Thrusters 40Kg
10 X Burpees

10 rounds for time..

so 200 reps

You'd never catch me doing any of that crazy shit. God only know why you do it to yourself Cheesy

Pretty sure the PT got a bet with someone to see what he can get me to do.. last week was backward crawling up the wall to vertical

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: July 21, 2018, 12:50:53 AM »

Slow progress on squats tonight but progress nonetheless.

Managed 100kg again but this time for three doubles instead of last sessions three singles.

Very slight twinge which stopped me attempting a third on any of the sets but nothing to worry about at all.

I've been doing a lot of core work recently which I think is helping with these. Hopefully I can keep both going and get somewhere with them eventually.

Also did a few deadlift triples but only up to 100kg. Went for a set at 120kg but got my set up completely wrong and bailed out after the first rep. Felt okay though so will be having another go next week.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: July 21, 2018, 09:28:36 PM »

Ridiculously tough bench session today. I'm not sure what the reason was but I was incredibly weak compared to normal.

Managed my 4 x 3 at 110, 115, 115 & 115. Last session I got up to 117.5 for the last two sets.

3 singles went 125, 130 and back to 125. The second set moved incredibly slowly and I almost didn't make it. Last time they felt quite strong and I did two at 130.

Slingshot I went straight back to 130 but that was tough so drop back to 125 for my final set.

My best guess at the reason for struggling is one of two things. Firstly I didn't have any coffee today whereas normally on a Saturday I have one about 2 hours prior to training. Secondly I spent a few hours doing reasonably strenuous gardening this morning which is something I never do. I'd guess the gardening is the most likely culprit because normally on a Saturday I do literally nothing prior to training, it's just a full day of chilling.

Not the worst numbers I suppose for what was a bad session but definitely need to be more careful next week and get back to where I was.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: July 25, 2018, 04:26:58 PM »

Current favourite exercise by a long way is pull ups. It's been so long since I was able to do them it makes me really happy to finally be able to include this amazing exercise back in to my week.

I'm still sticking to 4 x 8 but when I did them on Monday they were almost 'easy'.

Might start sticking an AMRAP in for the final set or maybe go weighted. I love the thought of strapping 40kg on and banging out a set of 10 like in the good old days.

Update... Before finishing this message I sneaked off to amazon and ordered a belt. 40kg seems a bit excessive so the target is to get to 20kg added on at some point for a set of 5 and then re-assess.

Can't wait to get started on this.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: July 25, 2018, 05:15:15 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7qdZaY73BE

so revised the crossfit workout to this official comp one.. using 30kg bar instead of 40kg.. these nutters do it in under 9 minutes.. first effort today 17.24 and i beat the PT lol

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: July 26, 2018, 09:42:20 PM »

Bench press update.  Did 95kg flat 3 reps no spot and 85kg incline same today.  No idea where this sudden increase in power has come from other than doing it first after a few weeks of heavy dumbbells first.  Felt good and really wanted to go for 100kg for a rep but didn't have a spot so going to rest up this week and try it next week straight off the bar after a warm up set.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: