blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530768 times)
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: October 15, 2020, 03:11:45 PM »

This was my 8 week post lockdown workout

I stuck to 40% of my average lifts while I was doing this program so I didn’t hit lactic on each session.

2 x sets for each movement, 10-15 reps non compound movements and 8-10 reps for compound movements 4 Days a week 3 days rest.

1. Warm up then stretch (cables)
2. Seated Rows
3. Cable pull down
4. Squat
5. Deadlift
6. Military press
7. Incline dumbbell press
8. Dips
9. Push ups
10. Sit ups
11. Pull ups
12. Warm down

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: October 15, 2020, 03:45:35 PM »

welcome Mr Bang Bang.. some good numbers there already  thumbs up thumbs up

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: October 15, 2020, 04:12:36 PM »

welcome Mr Bang Bang.. some good numbers there already  thumbs up thumbs up

Thank you Sir 🙏🏽

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: October 15, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »

Great numbers Bangbang

You say you've just started training again..... How long were you out for?

I'm guessing you got to quite a high level before given those numbers you're doing now? What's your all time best lifts?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: October 15, 2020, 06:56:24 PM »

It's been a de-load week for me which has been good. I hadn't planned it in but work commitments and a few other things going on meant I was never going to get a full week in so I wrote it off before it even started.

Couldn't train Monday or Tuesday so I got a sneaky session in on Sunday. Wednesday was all light stuff and probably about half usual volume. Nothing today and I'll do a bit of legs and back tomorrow.

Saturday bench day will be back to full on routine hopefully with the rest doing me some good.

It doesn't sound like much of a de-load having only missed one day but the intensity is where the difference is. I couldn't bring myself to be off completely so hitting the brakes a touch is a good substitute to give the body a bit of a break.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: October 15, 2020, 07:02:20 PM »

Can't quite decide what to do for my new challenge now that the 50kg dumbbells are out of the way. I'm definitely going to move away from them for a bit just to keep things fresh but I'll back in a while.

I did some incline bench yesterday and they were a lot harder than I expected. 3 x 8 at 90kg weren't exactly easy so that's maybe a good one to push at especially as it will carry over nicely to flat bench.

Just thinking sets of 10 going up 2.5kg every time I hit my weekly target. Start next week at 90kg for my top set and just max out the reps. If I hit 10 I go up next week, if I don't then I stay where I am until I do.

Try to get to 105 to 110 sort of region then move on to something else......

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: October 15, 2020, 07:36:25 PM »

Great numbers Bangbang

I'm guessing you got to quite a high level before given those numbers you're doing now? What's your all time best lifts?

Thanks pal. I was out during lockdown. Once the gyms opened again I followed the above plan for 8 full weeks then took a week off before starting splits.

All time best lifts? Hmm I’ve never gone for PB on Bench or Military press, but some years back I managed a 240kg deadlift while training with my older brother. I was actually lighter then weighed around 13st 4lbs.

I’ve trained for most of life so progressively learnt more from others and most of friends train too so the social aspect keeps me motivated.

I’ll post some videos once I workout how to,

You all seem pretty knowledgeable so I look forward to learning more from you all 💪🏾

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: October 16, 2020, 09:10:36 AM »

Great numbers Bangbang

Thanks pal. I was out during lockdown. Once the gyms opened again I followed the above plan for 8 full weeks then took a week off before starting splits.

All time best lifts? Hmm I’ve never gone for PB on Bench or Military press, but some years back I managed a 240kg deadlift while training with my older brother. I was actually lighter then weighed around 13st 4lbs.

I’ve trained for most of life so progressively learnt more from others and most of friends train too so the social aspect keeps me motivated.

You all seem pretty knowledgeable so I look forward to learning more from you all 💪🏾

Makes more sense now. I'd read it as though you'd only been back for 2 weeks total but it's 2 weeks on the new routine after 8 weeks getting back in to it.

That's one hell of a deadlift you've got there, Harvey's our deadlift guru although not in the 240kg league yet.....

I could just about hang with you at bench where you are now but if you get to your target I'll be well behind.

I've managed 130 for 4 fairly recently but all time PB is 145kg for a single. I'm working on it a lot at the moment though so we may be able to push each other towards that 150kg.

I take it your target is multiple reps at 150kg and that you don't do singles? I'm hoping for 2 to 3 at 140kg and a 150 single

Do you have a specific programme with weekly targets or do you just rely on experience and 'wing it'...?

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: October 16, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »

Leg day today. I spent an hour stretching last night so I felt up for it this morning.

6am - Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled  and half a croissant (would have had it all but my youngest stole it off my plate)
8am - Gym
I normally leave a couple of hours between eating and hitting the gym.
Supplements - Creatine
Preworkout - 2 dates and a hand full of walnuts

Stretched off did some auxiliary work then onto the squat rack,

20 x 60kg - warm up
10 x 80kg - warm up
10 x 100kg - working set x 3
10 x 110kg - working set
5 x 120kg - working set
10 x 60kg - warm down x 2

Finished off with leg press, not sure how heavy it was but also did calf’s on the machine

My gym buddy wanted to max out of flat bench today so did the following

Bench

60kg x 10
80kg x 5
100kg x 5
110kg x 5
120kg x 5
130kg x 5
140kg x 4
145kg x 1
100kg x 22

Haven’t hit 145kg in while so it felt pretty good (video on my Instagram link below) but the difference between 140kg & 145kg was immense. I think I’ll stick to 145kg and do less reps going up and try to get 5 reps before I move up to 150kg so maybe 2-3 weeks.

@Evilpie - I have a set regime that I follow in intervals so right now I’m on a strength plan which comes to an end on the 15th November I take a week off then start my functional training plan. Because recovery is different lifting heavy and imposing a more functional regime I tend do do functional training when I have more time in the mornings because I tend to have a cold or ice bath twice a week and for me the winter months are easier for that.

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: October 16, 2020, 02:26:01 PM »

Can't quite decide what to do for my new challenge now that the 50kg dumbbells are out of the way. I'm definitely going to move away from them for a bit just to keep things fresh but I'll back in a while.

I did some incline bench yesterday and they were a lot harder than I expected. 3 x 8 at 90kg weren't exactly easy so that's maybe a good one to push at especially as it will carry over nicely to flat bench.

Just thinking sets of 10 going up 2.5kg every time I hit my weekly target. Start next week at 90kg for my top set and just max out the reps. If I hit 10 I go up next week, if I don't then I stay where I am until I do.

Great work...

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: October 16, 2020, 04:12:50 PM »

Afternoon Fellas thought I’d get involved and put some targets on here to for accountability.

Just started training again and looking at getting strong in my static lifts before moving onto more of a functional regime in 2 months

I’m 5’9 and weigh 14 stone 7lbs - 40 years old
Supplements - creatine - Preworkout - I do not take protein and i’m lactose intolerant.
Diet - Horrendous
Injuries - cartilage  deterioration  L3 & L4 - can’t go to heavy with squats or deadlifts, bicep tear so don’t train them individually, arthritis in right hand
I’m targeting 20% body fat (currently 24% even though I probably look more) and an increase in my lifts

I’ve been back at it for two weeks with the following splits

Pull-ups and Push ups everyday

Shoulders - back/triceps
Legs - Shrugs
Chest - Back/triceps
All compounds -

Current compounds numbers
Squat - 110kg - I go for reps don’t max out because of my injuries & can do 10 reps a few sets  Target
Bench - 130kg - just started can do 3-4 reps a few sets Target 150kg
Military press - 90kg - 5 reps Target 110kg
Deadlift - 180kg - I max do 3-5 reps on this weight Target 220kg depending on how my back feels

Bench video added, my spotter put me off by trying to prematurely help but no excuse. I’ll add more videos as and when I do a compound currently suffering from a Nando’s induced strain of food poisoning

Ok can’t attach any videos if someone can let me know how to do it from an iphone

Flies in late and is stronger than us all. Some great numbers there! Welcome
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: October 16, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »

This was my 8 week post lockdown workout

I stuck to 40% of my average lifts while I was doing this program so I didn’t hit lactic on each session.

2 x sets for each movement, 10-15 reps non compound movements and 8-10 reps for compound movements 4 Days a week 3 days rest.

1. Warm up then stretch (cables)
2. Seated Rows
3. Cable pull down
4. Squat
5. Deadlift
6. Military press
7. Incline dumbbell press
8. Dips
9. Push ups
10. Sit ups
11. Pull ups
12. Warm down

What do you mean by this? a) why 40 b) why didnt you want to hit a point of a lactic build up?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: October 16, 2020, 04:15:30 PM »

Great numbers Bangbang

That's incredibly strong for a DL, I am that weight now, and I won't be hitting that anytime soon. The more I compute this the stronger this gets, this is like elite level DL. Amazing!!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: October 16, 2020, 04:16:25 PM »

That's still pretty massive for an incline.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: October 16, 2020, 04:19:19 PM »

Leg day today. I spent an hour stretching last night so I felt up for it this morning.

6am - Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled  and half a croissant (would have had it all but my youngest stole it off my plate)
8am - Gym
I normally leave a couple of hours between eating and hitting the gym.
Supplements - Creatine
Preworkout - 2 dates and a hand full of walnuts

Stretched off did some auxiliary work then onto the squat rack,

20 x 60kg - warm up
10 x 80kg - warm up
10 x 100kg - working set x 3
10 x 110kg - working set
5 x 120kg - working set
10 x 60kg - warm down x 2

Finished off with leg press, not sure how heavy it was but also did calf’s on the machine

My gym buddy wanted to max out of flat bench today so did the following

Bench

60kg x 10
80kg x 5
100kg x 5
110kg x 5
120kg x 5
130kg x 5
140kg x 4
145kg x 1
100kg x 22

Haven’t hit 145kg in while so it felt pretty good (video on my Instagram link below) but the difference between 140kg & 145kg was immense. I think I’ll stick to 145kg and do less reps going up and try to get 5 reps before I move up to 150kg so maybe 2-3 weeks.

@Evilpie - I have a set regime that I follow in intervals so right now I’m on a strength plan which comes to an end on the 15th November I take a week off then start my functional training plan. Because recovery is different lifting heavy and imposing a more functional regime I tend do do functional training when I have more time in the mornings because I tend to have a cold or ice bath twice a week and for me the winter months are easier for that.

They are some really respectful numbers! Made even more impressive by some extremely shaky nutrition Smiley

Great additiion with creatine though, I'm gonna assume with the numbers you've posted and this you have definitely been/are a serious lifter. And the ice bath. Where do you have this?
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: