blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:46:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534016 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3825 on: January 02, 2021, 06:48:48 PM »

Anyone Nottingham based who can't get to a gym.   i signed up to a semi ok gym in Oakham (rutland tier 3 10 miles the other side of Melton) today at a posh school complex.   No questions asked with a tier 4 address after joining online prior to initial attendance.

https://www.sll.co.uk/catmose/

Happy new year to everyone.  The wheels fell off for me with covid.   Been training hard since first lockdown finished.  Put on three stone from March-July though!  Loved the WSM btw.  The huge jock must win it next year.   He made two huge fuckups this year and still came 2nd.   So young and so huge naturally.   Love WSM more than ever.   Eddie v Thor is booked in for Nov 2021 in vegas in the ring.  Eddie has some great traning and lifestyle videos on his youtube channel.   He has just bought a huge mansion and basically turned it into a monster training den with outdoor sauna/steam/ice bath and hot tube and a huge gym in the basement.  Worth a watch.   Shaw has similar on his channel.   Both have 1.5m sign ups on youtube.  They must be killing it revenue wise away from the day job to afford these mansions.  

Eddie is such a natural in front of the camera for the tv work and you tube channel.   A lot of the boys who are copying him streaming just can't deliver it like eddie does quality wise for me.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 07:19:16 PM by arbboy » Logged
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: January 02, 2021, 08:06:31 PM »

Anyone Nottingham based who can't get to a gym.   i signed up to a semi ok gym in Oakham (rutland tier 3 10 miles the other side of Melton) today at a posh school complex.   No questions asked with a tier 4 address after joining online prior to initial attendance.

Happy new year to everyone.  The wheels fell off for me with covid.   Been training hard since first lockdown finished.  Put on three stone from March-July though!  Loved the WSM btw.  The huge jock must win it next year.   He made two huge fuckups this year and still came 2nd.   So young and so huge naturally.   Love WSM more than ever.   Eddie v Thor is booked in for Nov 2021 in vegas in the ring.  Eddie has some great traning and lifestyle videos on his youtube channel.   He has just bought a huge mansion and basically turned it into a monster training den with outdoor sauna/steam/ice bath and hot tube and a huge gym in the basement.  Worth a watch.   Shaw has similar on his channel.   Both have 1.5m sign ups on youtube.  They must be killing it revenue wise away from the day job to afford these mansions.  

Eddie is such a natural in front of the camera for the tv work and you tube channel.   A lot of the boys who are copying him streaming just can't deliver it like eddie does quality wise for me.

Agree with the Eddie stuff, have had to avoid all videos for the past few weeks so I didn't see the results. When I saw Novikov in the heats I thought he might win, remember he had looked very strong last year.
Time has probably caught up with Shaw, had a great chance to get his 5th with injuries/reduced field/USA location etc, yet he never looked liked winning in the final.

Tom Stoltman had a very good chance to win this year, as you say, huge fuck ups. Saw it coming in the loading race trying to hold the Anvil the way he did.
Europe could dominate for a while, most the Yanks are getting on.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: January 02, 2021, 08:42:00 PM »

Back in the home gym for me today probably for a good few weeks.

Had a great session getting up to 128kg for 3 x 3 on the bench. It's harder than the set up at the gym as you can't get locked in quite as well and can't get leg drive so really pleased with that.

It's actually where my max had got to before going back to the gym so I'm really happy with that.

Bench progress has been flying the last few weeks so hopefully this bit of a change will actually work in my favour and keep things fresh.

I've put about half a stone on in the last couple of months so that'll certainly have something to do with the gains. Starting a mini cut soon so expecting a possible drop back....

Squats are steady although I've popped my hip out of it's socket again. Booked in for physio on Monday so that'll get sorted out quickly. I dug out my squat shoes and used them today for the first time in ages. I didn't used to get on with them that much but today they felt great. So planted on the deck and the squats felt solid. Will definitely be using them for every squat session moving forwards.

Hope everyone does okay through the latest s**t storm.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: January 02, 2021, 08:43:30 PM »

Agree with the Eddie stuff, have had to avoid all videos for the past few weeks so I didn't see the results. When I saw Novikov in the heats I thought he might win, remember he had looked very strong last year.
Time has probably caught up with Shaw, had a great chance to get his 5th with injuries/reduced field/USA location etc, yet he never looked liked winning in the final.

Tom Stoltman had a very good chance to win this year, as you say, huge fuck ups. Saw it coming in the loading race trying to hold the Anvil the way he did.

His deadlift was bonkers for a man who weighs sub 135kg
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: January 05, 2021, 10:40:08 AM »

Back in the home gym for me today probably for a good few weeks.

Had a great session getting up to 128kg for 3 x 3 on the bench. It's harder than the set up at the gym as you can't get locked in quite as well and can't get leg drive so really pleased with that.

It's actually where my max had got to before going back to the gym so I'm really happy with that.

Bench progress has been flying the last few weeks so hopefully this bit of a change will actually work in my favour and keep things fresh.

I've put about half a stone on in the last couple of months so that'll certainly have something to do with the gains. Starting a mini cut soon so expecting a possible drop back....

Squats are steady although I've popped my hip out of it's socket again. Booked in for physio on Monday so that'll get sorted out quickly. I dug out my squat shoes and used them today for the first time in ages. I didn't used to get on with them that much but today they felt great. So planted on the deck and the squats felt solid. Will definitely be using them for every squat session moving forwards.

Hope everyone does okay through the latest s**t storm.....

Mate you are smashing it at the moment. Great bench and I agree with squat shoes, I always use squat shoes, even to do OHP I find it helps..

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: January 05, 2021, 10:44:26 AM »

Happy New year to you too pal.. 3 stones in a few months? That’s crazy, did you have any cardio issues? Walking, jogging and daily stuff like bending etc?

WSM has gone mainstream which I’m really pleased about, I think in the right territories it’ll be as big as wrestling.

Eddie was born for media, either that or he watched a lot of WWF while growing up because he reminds me of old school WWF gimmicks..

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: January 05, 2021, 10:47:02 AM »

Happy New Year, gents!

May the gyms stay open for the whole year, and he rona not disrupt us too much Smiley

Happy New Year pal...

This didn’t age well lol

I’m currently resigned to Yoga at home and running 5k 4 times a week. I’m laying off any upper body stuff apart from yoga for 2 weeks from the 1st so will start with pull ups & push ups on the 15th then go from there.

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: January 05, 2021, 10:50:16 AM »

Agreed time has definitely caught up with Shaw his videos with Eddie And Robert O are hilarious... As WSM gets bigger I think you’ll see more Americans enter because of the bigger investment in the sport.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: January 06, 2021, 09:14:45 AM »

Settled on a routine at the home gym for the next few weeks....

Training 5 days per week with the week days being slightly easier and Saturday being a bit more intense. Friday and Sunday are days off which gives a nice rest around the harder Saturday session.

Every session includes squats, bench press, triceps press and pull ups. Pretty heavy, low rep stuff but avoiding total failure and remembering that we don't need to go nuts as we're doing it again tomorrow..... Managing to fit it in to under two hours including warm up and stretch off which fits in with my evenings.

Saturdays adds incline bench and some biceps work plus generally a bit more intensity on everything.

Nice simple routine that will just keep things ticking over until the gyms re-open. 

Diet started yesterday. I've intentionally put on about 4kg over the last few months by upping my calories by about 3000 per week so diet just involves taking those bits back out. Should drop 3 to 4kg off in about 2 months easily enough.

I'm at 102kg at the moment having hovered around 102 and peaking at 103kg. Probably look to get back to 100kg and stick around there as that's where I feel most comfortable.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: January 10, 2021, 04:27:03 PM »

Anybody managing to get anything done at home?

I've hit a bit of a plateau on the bench, 128kg for multiple sets of 3 but can't crack the 4th. Makes sense really as I'd progressed rapidly for a few weeks prior to this.

Just shows the difference in the set up between the gym bench and home bench though, I got 2 comfortable sets of 5 at 127.5kg before lockdown without a spotter but now can't get past 3 at 128kg with my mate there.

Squats are coming along really well. Physio got my pelvis straightened out and after a couple of steady days I'm now up to 108kg for a single with really good depth, slow descent and a nice pause at the bottom.

It's early days but I'm now confident of hitting 120kg fairly soon and maybe 140kg as a long term target.

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: January 11, 2021, 12:59:41 PM »

Anybody managing to get anything done at home?

I've hit a bit of a plateau on the bench, 128kg for multiple sets of 3 but can't crack the 4th. Makes sense really as I'd progressed rapidly for a few weeks prior to this.

Just shows the difference in the set up between the gym bench and home bench though, I got 2 comfortable sets of 5 at 127.5kg before lockdown without a spotter but now can't get past 3 at 128kg with my mate there.

Squats are coming along really well. Physio got my pelvis straightened out and after a couple of steady days I'm now up to 108kg for a single with really good depth, slow descent and a nice pause at the bottom.

It's early days but I'm now confident of hitting 120kg fairly soon and maybe 140kg as a long term target.

I’m not doing any strength training but getting in 5k a day plus some yoga 3 times a week. Will start some form of resistance training in a 4 days

Bench is sounding good, I’d be more concerned about consistency rather then weight progression at the moment and you’re pretty consistent!

Squat shoes are going to help with this massively imo.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: January 11, 2021, 04:23:28 PM »

Squat shoes are going to help with this massively imo.

100% this. Feels so much easier getting to full depth and then full of confidence pushing up from the bottom.

My mate has got me focussing more on lifting my chest up as well rather than thinking about my legs which is helping.

Few little technique cues have made a real difference in the last few sessions.

Hoping for 108kg again today then work up to a double later in the week before an increase again on Saturday...... Exciting times Smiley

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: January 13, 2021, 11:41:14 AM »

This 23 year old pole is a moster in WSM.  Kieliszkowski.  What he did in the truck pull given his relatively light body weight of 140kg with a couple of slips at 23 years old was insane being a second behind Shaw.  Surely a multi WSM in the making?

Eddie can't possibly win whilst Shaw is still alive.  Forget about it.  He should be in the NFL as an offensive lineman.  Eddie should add 15 years to his life and retire now and lose 12 stone before he kills himself early trying to win something he can't possibly win.

Using lockdown to reread the entire thread and some pretty bad predictions looking back.  Great to re read the stuff from 5 years ago.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: January 13, 2021, 11:42:30 AM »

That plane certainly separated the men from the boys!!

Shan't discuss the result until everyone has confirmed they've watched it.

Great final though.

Confirmed seen. Annoyingly new the results a while ago but great to see. Really good final though. Loved the events chosen, a really good mix. It is annoying because 1RM events are often won by the same person, but love to see them. Rep events are far more interesting for the competition though, as it is harder to predict.

Not surprised about the result though, there is definitely a gap between the top 4-5 people and the rest, albeit the gap is shortening with the other guys getting more experience.

The big question though, will Mark Felix make another WSM at 51?

More importantly when will Mark Felix NOT make the WSM?  Still breaking grip world records in his mid 50s.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: January 13, 2021, 11:49:29 AM »

Had a chat today with a sort of friend who gave me a bit of advice. Suggested trying 5 seconds up, 5 seconds down in my movements to build muscle and adding cod liver + whole eggs into my diet as a natural testosterone booster. These I can do.

However, he also m reckoned I should be on 5k calories a day. Not what I wanted to hear given 3.3k is hard enough to do let alone without doing a dirty bulk. 5k seems ridiculous to me. How on earth does anyone get through that much food on a daily basis Cheesy

Watch the eddie video and he does twice that a day with ease.

He drinks like 4000-5000 of them no? IF anyone physically ate 10,000 worth a day that would be unreal.

When I was on 5500 a day I'd drink about half of them. The rest was from mostly lean sources like chicken fillets and egg whites. It was a lot of food and a lot of protein shakes. Oh, and a nightly treacle sponge and custard Cheesy 

I'd imagine if I went a bit dirty I could have got through 8000 or so but to get to 10k doesn't bear thinking about. Don't get me wrong I could get through 10k once quite easily but to do it day in day out is frightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjneYS3LTfE&list=LL2_n5wAWHWzxG7kfVXl942g&index=98

10k cals for brian by lunch!
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: