blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:14:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535890 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: April 25, 2016, 04:27:30 PM »

Good stuff everyone. Anyone going to be brave enough to post pictures soon? Cheesy 

Yup. I'm going to post a few "before" pictures as I'm heading into a hypertrophy phase. I won't lie to you, doing nothing over the winter months but yoga and a few light weights here and there means I've lost some mass and actually got kinda fat. Not like fat fat but think I'm around the 18% mark right now, hoping to drop that to ~12% by end of July. I'm going to be busy, but I've got a routine and meal plan in place so the only reason I will fail is if I lack discipline.

So prepare yourself for some completely unflattering photos Wink

Also thanks for the invite boys, didn't want to train in Loughborough anyways Tongue

Our bad, but in our defence we weren't sure when and where were going to go. We just winged it from the seminar.

Lol at the discipline part. Pretty sure most plans work if you can stick to it Wink

I am pretty anti photos in general, as you can cheat them so easily I am just like whats the point.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #916 on: April 25, 2016, 05:06:32 PM »

After tearing my rotator cuff playing rugby on the 5th March and having pneumonia the week before last, tonight I'm going to attempt my first weights session for 7 weeks. Dunno what to expect,esp as shoulder is still sore and lacking full range of movement and obvs lungs not at full capacity but I have to do something. I lost nearly a stone whilst ill and if I don't start some sort of training, I suspect it'll reappear within a short while. I eat a lot healthier when training so not only will I burn calories whilst training, I won't be putting as much junk down my gullet either.  The cross trainer sessions I'd been doing before the illness will have to a wait a few more weeks at least.
P.S. When I say weight, I mean fat.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:08:09 PM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 25, 2016, 05:59:46 PM »

After tearing my rotator cuff playing rugby on the 5th March and having pneumonia the week before last, tonight I'm going to attempt my first weights session for 7 weeks. Dunno what to expect,esp as shoulder is still sore and lacking full range of movement and obvs lungs not at full capacity but I have to do something. I lost nearly a stone whilst ill and if I don't start some sort of training, I suspect it'll reappear within a short while. I eat a lot healthier when training so not only will I burn calories whilst training, I won't be putting as much junk down my gullet either.  The cross trainer sessions I'd been doing before the illness will have to a wait a few more weeks at least.

Be careful!!

Just go insanely light even if it's a bit embarrassing. I've never damaged a rotator cuff but from what I know they're a bitch in recovery and can easily go again.

I seriously wouldn't use any weight other than enough to provide a mild resistance until you have full range of motion back. I've battled through these things before thinking I was being clever grimacing through the pain and all it does is fuck you up even more.

Take it steady please....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #918 on: April 25, 2016, 06:23:02 PM »

Be careful!!

Just go insanely light even if it's a bit embarrassing. I've never damaged a rotator cuff but from what I know they're a bitch in recovery and can easily go again.

I seriously wouldn't use any weight other than enough to provide a mild resistance until you have full range of motion back. I've battled through these things before thinking I was being clever grimacing through the pain and all it does is fuck you up even more.

Take it steady please....

Today will be a fact finding mission as to what exercises I can and can't do. Then I'll work out how I'm gonna train going forward. I'd imagine my legs will get some punishment in the next few weeks. I need to get back into the routine of training so that when I'm fitter I'm already accustomed and my muscles have been active. Should think the free weights will take a back seat for a while. Even light training is going to be a lot better than no training. Plus I miss the banter at the gym. Talk a different kind of bollocks down there!!!!

Cymru am byth
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 25, 2016, 10:26:31 PM »

Yeah rotator cuffs are brutal. I still don't flat press heavy and it's been nearly two years. Plenty of scap retration and general control work for a few months.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: April 26, 2016, 01:11:37 AM »

Chest was limited to 3 exercises at about 20%. Triceps were easily above 50% and I was able to use a cable for 5 different exercises. I'm happy with what I achieved tonight at the gym and after I've done all the body groups I'll be able to see exactly what's what and train accordingly. Obvs got a long way to go but once I can start doing cardio I'll be a happy gym bunny again and hopefully get into better shape than I have been recently.

Cymru am byth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 26, 2016, 09:22:15 AM »

Managed 100kg squats this morning although only for 2 reps. I made sure that I got all the way down but I could feel a slight pull towards my toes so not quite perfect form. I'll keep working on them and get there before too long.

I had a chat with a guy who's spotted me before on bench and he's there tomorrow so I might have a go at 125 or 130kg depending how I feel. Even if it's just 1 rep I'd like to just see how it feels. I'm super confident now at 120kg to the point I'd do a couple without a spotter so no reason to feel intimidated by an extra 5 or 10kg.

I didn't do anything serious on chest yesterday because my triceps were a bit sore so I'm quite well rested and ready for a big session tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.....

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 26, 2016, 03:05:00 PM »

Managed 100kg squats this morning although only for 2 reps. I made sure that I got all the way down but I could feel a slight pull towards my toes so not quite perfect form. I'll keep working on them and get there before too long.

I had a chat with a guy who's spotted me before on bench and he's there tomorrow so I might have a go at 125 or 130kg depending how I feel. Even if it's just 1 rep I'd like to just see how it feels. I'm super confident now at 120kg to the point I'd do a couple without a spotter so no reason to feel intimidated by an extra 5 or 10kg.

I didn't do anything serious on chest yesterday because my triceps were a bit sore so I'm quite well rested and ready for a big session tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.....

You think squatting is harder for taller guys Mr Evil... As a bit of a shortie at 5'6 but built i squat 100KG quite comfortably for full sets and a superset... i think low centre big advantage ?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 26, 2016, 05:58:15 PM »

You think squatting is harder for taller guys Mr Evil... As a bit of a shortie at 5'6 but built i squat 100KG quite comfortably for full sets and a superset... i think low centre big advantage ?

I don't think it makes that much difference to be honest. There's obviously a bit further to move but if you're strong you're strong. Have you ever seen Hafthor Bjornsson (The Mountain off GOT) squat? He can do 360kg (300kg for 10 reps) and he's 6' 9"

The reason I'm going quite light at the moment is because I'm just not that good at them. My problem is that I never pushed them when I was in my prime and also more recently that I've been coming off an injury so was starting at just the bar. I recently managed 100kg for a few reps but not full depth so now I've started to go deep again I've had to drop the weight back once more. I shouldn't really have done 100kg today to be honest as I'm supposed to be focussing purely on technique at the moment and making sure I do the movement perfectly before I push any real weight.

Give me a few months and if I'm still only managing 2 reps at 100kg I'll be worried. I reckon I'll be at 6 to 8 reps for 100kg by July and I'd like to be able to do 140kg for 2 reps by the end of the year.

What's your max squat? Do you ever do 1RM tests?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 26, 2016, 06:03:43 PM »

100% harder.

If you go back two years to the final Thor actually lost it on the squat.

Biomechanics play a HUGE role in exercise, which is why some people will really really struggle to do X.

I think at our level it doesn't play the biggest of roles (although it probably is noticeable).

At top level it is the difference between nobody knowing who you are, and you getting a 'million dollar' contract so to speak.

Most of the best pressers/squatter are under 6 foot. Obviously there are caveats as Eddie is 6'3 and a fantastic squatter, but he just has such good genetics all round.

Obviously shouldn't be using it as an excuse, cos it probably doesn't matter to much in the long run, it just may take you longer to get to your potential.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 26, 2016, 06:20:59 PM »

Thought it would take more than 5 minutes to get a bite off my fellow beanpole......

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 26, 2016, 06:42:17 PM »

I don't think it makes that much difference to be honest. There's obviously a bit further to move but if you're strong you're strong. Have you ever seen Hafthor Bjornsson (The Mountain off GOT) squat? He can do 360kg (300kg for 10 reps) and he's 6' 9"

The reason I'm going quite light at the moment is because I'm just not that good at them. My problem is that I never pushed them when I was in my prime and also more recently that I've been coming off an injury so was starting at just the bar. I recently managed 100kg for a few reps but not full depth so now I've started to go deep again I've had to drop the weight back once more. I shouldn't really have done 100kg today to be honest as I'm supposed to be focussing purely on technique at the moment and making sure I do the movement perfectly before I push any real weight.

Give me a few months and if I'm still only managing 2 reps at 100kg I'll be worried. I reckon I'll be at 6 to 8 reps for 100kg by July and I'd like to be able to do 140kg for 2 reps by the end of the year.

What's your max squat? Do you ever do 1RM tests?

interesting... i remember you must be like 6'3 ? if youve mentioned before forgive me.. but i remember you being quite tall Smiley
Ill be honest ive very rarely gone for the 1 rep max as i generally train on my own without spotter.. and because of aforementioned height i dont want to be too big..im always trying to control weight and prefer to be fit and lean if pos...

most excercises i do tend to be superset or Tri's so max weight isnt really an issue... about 10 years ago i benched 140kg for about 3 reps but as i say max ive been to recently on squatting is 100kg with a lunge superset.. suppose 140kg would be in range for 1 or 2 but im not keen on squatting tbh... im trying to shed weight and cut up at mo

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 26, 2016, 06:51:01 PM »

Thought it would take more than 5 minutes to get a bite off my fellow beanpole......

Hahaha. Sorry. Someone gotta stick up for the lanky guys.

Having long arms does help me deadlift tho. But in general shorter helps for a lot of things.

One of those things that's like blah. Cos we all gonna carry on with it regardless.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 27, 2016, 08:36:16 AM »

Woke up this morning feeling great as its Legs Day!!

I'm still leaving RDL off leg day and adding it to the end of upper body and also dropped single leg reverse lunges but added leg ext and calf raises and prior to injury and a form check last weekend with Harvey where I did a box squat 1x3 @ 110kg my squats were 4x8 @ 70kg as my last exercise of the session but today despite being told to remain at 60% and adding the tweaks Harvey gave me the first set at 60kg X 10 reps felt too light so I went 80 X 8 the did the remaining 2 sets at 100kg for 8 reps and they flew up.

On the photos front I took some pre programme and at the end of phase one and yesterday always in the same place and clothes, light etc and will post the group of them when I finish this programme. 

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 27, 2016, 10:51:50 AM »

Woke up this morning feeling great as its Legs Day!!

I'm still leaving RDL off leg day and adding it to the end of upper body and also dropped single leg reverse lunges but added leg ext and calf raises and prior to injury and a form check last weekend with Harvey where I did a box squat 1x3 @ 110kg my squats were 4x8 @ 70kg as my last exercise of the session but today despite being told to remain at 60% and adding the tweaks Harvey gave me the first set at 60kg X 10 reps felt too light so I went 80 X 8 the did the remaining 2 sets at 100kg for 8 reps and they flew up.

On the photos front I took some pre programme and at the end of phase one and yesterday always in the same place and clothes, light etc and will post the group of them when I finish this programme. 

That's crazy strength. Get someone to video next time to form check. For your own benefit as much as anyone else.

Remember to keep the bar close on RDL too and you're winning.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: