blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:56:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530826 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 25, 2016, 01:47:08 AM »

Managed 5 x 30 press ups tonight which is my best total by a good margin. Previous best was 135. I hadn't done any since Wednesday so was feeling guilty and needed to give myself a boost.

Since the start of the year my totals have been:

102   112   118   122   125   132   125   135   135   150

It's a great confidence boost to see the steady progression as it lets me know that this is a possible challenge.

1256 completed, 23744 to go and currently 388 behind target.

Great stuff.

I still haven't tried a push up in a very long time. Will destroy me if I struggle with them after all the gym work I've done, so I'm just going to pretend they don't exist Smiley

Will post up gym numbers from tomorrows upper body workout. I broke through a few barriers with the 30-45kg dumbbell weights becoming available at my gym. Spoiler is that your old record of 70kg dumbbell row is under jeoperdy Evilpie Grin
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:50:21 AM by Ant040689 » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 25, 2016, 09:41:45 AM »

Bit more progress on bench press this morning.

I discovered some teeny tiny weights last week on a squat session that only weigh 1.25kg. I've never used anything less than 5kg before which can be quite tough when you're very close to your limit anyway.

So anyway it turns out that if you stick a couple of these little discs on to a bar you don't even notice it when in actual fact you are lifting more weight. Amazing!!

So bench is up to 102.5kg for 6 reps.

Would be nice to see squats and bench slowly increase up towards the 120kg mark. Should be much easier now that I've discovered these little weights.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 25, 2016, 09:47:24 AM »

Managed 5 x 30 press ups tonight which is my best total by a good margin. Previous best was 135. I hadn't done any since Wednesday so was feeling guilty and needed to give myself a boost.

It's a great confidence boost to see the steady progression as it lets me know that this is a possible challenge.

Great stuff.

I still haven't tried a push up in a very long time. Will destroy me if I struggle with them after all the gym work I've done, so I'm just going to pretend they don't exist Smiley

Will post up gym numbers from tomorrows upper body workout. I broke through a few barriers with the 30-45kg dumbbell weights becoming available at my gym. Spoiler is that your old record of 70kg dumbbell row is under jeoperdy Evilpie Grin

You're bound to struggle with them at first as they're new to you. The first session I did which was back at the end of November I only managed 68 in total. Instead of letting it destroy me I just knuckled down and did a few more next time.

The sooner you start the sooner you'll be good at them. The good thing about them is you don't need a gym so you could use them the same as me which is a kind of extra curricular activity.

They've been a revolution for me so I'd highly recommend. The difference they've made to the shape of my chest in a really short amount of time is incredible.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 25, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »

Great stuff.

You're bound to struggle with them at first as they're new to you. The first session I did which was back at the end of November I only managed 68 in total. Instead of letting it destroy me I just knuckled down and did a few more next time.

The sooner you start the sooner you'll be good at them. The good thing about them is you don't need a gym so you could use them the same as me which is a kind of extra curricular activity.

They've been a revolution for me so I'd highly recommend. The difference they've made to the shape of my chest in a really short amount of time is incredible.

Hi Matt

Great progress on the push-ups. Forgot to ask previously, how much do you think they are helping your bench press?
 You mentioned that you were taking the BP steady and was a little surprised yourself at how well the progress has been.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 25, 2016, 06:04:44 PM »

I'm going to give pushups a go as well i think. My chest and shoulders are my weak points no doubt about that, so hopefully this'll help them along.

Edit: wasn't there a thread where people did some sort of pushup challenge? Can anyone post the link?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:18:10 PM by muckthenuts » Logged
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 25, 2016, 06:39:12 PM »

I'm going to give pushups a go as well i think. My chest and shoulders are my weak points no doubt about that, so hopefully this'll help them along.

Edit: wasn't there a thread where people did some sort of pushup challenge? Can anyone post the link?
Here you go bud, halfway down page 3 was the link from Simon Galloway.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64068.30

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 25, 2016, 07:04:25 PM »

Hi Matt

Great progress on the push-ups. Forgot to ask previously, how much do you think they are helping your bench press?
 You mentioned that you were taking the BP steady and was a little surprised yourself at how well the progress has been.

Back in December I was benching 80kg and not finding it particularly easy. On Dec 10th I managed 90kg for 4 reps which at the time I put down to the press ups that I'd recently started. I was also dumbbell pressing about 34kg.

I'm now on 102.5kg for bench and 42kg for dumbbell and it's barely 6 weeks later with the Christmas / New Year malarkey in the middle.

I honestly can't see how I'd have made this much progress if I was just doing my morning sessions. I think the press ups are worth about 10kg on bench and 6kg on dumbbells. I just feel really stable when I'm benching and it gives me a huge confidence boost.

Maybe it's in my head but I'll take it anyway.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 25, 2016, 10:53:58 PM »

Bit more progress on bench press this morning.

I discovered some teeny tiny weights last week on a squat session that only weigh 1.25kg. I've never used anything less than 5kg before which can be quite tough when you're very close to your limit anyway.

So anyway it turns out that if you stick a couple of these little discs on to a bar you don't even notice it when in actual fact you are lifting more weight. Amazing!!

So bench is up to 102.5kg for 6 reps.

Would be nice to see squats and bench slowly increase up towards the 120kg mark. Should be much easier now that I've discovered these little weights.

Burst out laughin to not knowing/using 1.25's meat head problems. Those bad boys are the story of my life lately. Might test the bench over the next few weeks, haven't done it for ages so could be interesting.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 26, 2016, 09:31:10 AM »

Up to 105kg on the squats for 5 reps. Chasing Harvey down hard Wink

Bit of an issue last night with my press ups. I had a read through the press up thread that Rich posted yesterday and it got me thinking about the "bring Sally up" challenge. I thought I'd have a decent chance of getting somewhere near but got to about 90 seconds and collapsed. It's about 210 seconds for the whole thing so quite a way off.

Anyway after that I was f**ked so couldn't do any normal press ups Cheesy

I'm going to add this to my nightly routine on my days off from regular press ups. It doesn't take long so very easy to just slot in as an extra.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 26, 2016, 09:38:14 PM »

Chasing me down hard, I start 5x5 tomorrow and was going for a straight 100 but we shall see.

Felt pretty strong today, incline bench 5x5 at 65kg. Haven't benched inc or flat in ages. So pleased with that, and plenty in the tank, looking for 80/90 by the end of feb.

Got 5x8 one arm rows at 44kg. Again looking to get 50 by the time this one is up.

Really liking this plan.

5x5 Main Lift A/B

5x8 Accessory (compound) to B/A

4x8 Accessory (compound) to A/B

3x10 Accessory (compound)to B/A

3x12 Isolation
S.S.
3x15 Isolation

(compound being 2 or more joints move, isolation being one)

And every week I drop a set of 5 and and a set of 10. So next week is 4x5 of the main lift and 1x10 of the main lift. To transition into some more volume work.

I have actually taken out all arm work for the next few weeks. Might throw some stuff in if I fail on the lock outs. But bit bored of it, and would rather get some more movement in. See how that goes though.

In for 4 days a week, and looking to do 2/3 walks a week. Have set aside time for circuits post session, but really on the mobility hype and trying out all sorts, so leaning towards that as I have SUCH a long way to go. Plus I get a sweat up doing it.

Looking to be around 88kg by the end of next month. Then around 84 by the end of April. Then chill for a month or two and re asses where I am at.

Strength wise very excited, as going down in sets is a bit of a mental boost to push it further, speshly as I am a bit of a bottler.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 27, 2016, 10:25:01 AM »

Steady increase on the dumbbell press this morning. 4 x 8 @ 34, 38, 40 & 42kg

Also tried to increase my OHP to 50kg and it was really tough. Only manage 6 reps and I was a bit wobbly. Definitely going to work on those for a while as I love the exercise.

Felt a bit under the weather this morning but still made a few gains on last week.

Dumbbells were 34, 38 & 42kg x 8 and then 44kg for 6.

Managed to get up to 55kg on the OHP and actually felt easier than last week. I'm getting a lot more confident with these now so I'd like to see a bit more improvement in the next few weeks.

I also did a few single arm rows to see how my arm felt. Not brilliant but coped okay at 30kg for 6 reps. I've got physio today so let's see what he can do. I really want to get back on to chin ups before too long but I'm definitely not ready yet.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 27, 2016, 04:37:58 PM »

Steady increase on the dumbbell press this morning. 4 x 8 @ 34, 38, 40 & 42kg

Also tried to increase my OHP to 50kg and it was really tough. Only manage 6 reps and I was a bit wobbly. Definitely going to work on those for a while as I love the exercise.

Felt a bit under the weather this morning but still made a few gains on last week.

Dumbbells were 34, 38 & 42kg x 8 and then 44kg for 6.

Managed to get up to 55kg on the OHP and actually felt easier than last week. I'm getting a lot more confident with these now so I'd like to see a bit more improvement in the next few weeks.

I also did a few single arm rows to see how my arm felt. Not brilliant but coped okay at 30kg for 6 reps. I've got physio today so let's see what he can do. I really want to get back on to chin ups before too long but I'm definitely not ready yet.

Confidence is key, strong with the DB too
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 27, 2016, 04:41:14 PM »

Squats went 5x5 at 100 today, not too tough either. So looking for good progression. Overall session was pretty brutal. The leg press pure have is quite tough for me to get a full range of motion it is so awkward at the bottom so it tired me out. Then RDL 4x8 at 100 which were pretty shaky.

Tough session though and definitely pretty tired now.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 27, 2016, 05:20:55 PM »

Squats went 5x5 at 100 today, not too tough either. So looking for good progression. Overall session was pretty brutal. The leg press pure have is quite tough for me to get a full range of motion it is so awkward at the bottom so it tired me out. Then RDL 4x8 at 100 which were pretty shaky.

Tough session though and definitely pretty tired now.

Congratulations. Let us know about the burn you're going to feel tomorrow yeah Cheesy
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 27, 2016, 10:11:19 PM »

Going to sound like a brag, but with all the extra weight I'm carrying around with me these days, cardio is absolutely whacking me.

I hit the heavy bag and some footwork drills today for 15 minutes or so; then a HIIT workout consisting of burpees, mountain climbers, push-ups, leg raises, walking lunges and tuck jumps. Was supposed to get a few abdominal movements in afterwards but I was gg. Just out of practice, I guess.

Starting to bring the high intensity cardio back in, so by the time I start transitioning into the high rep stuff in springtime, I can throw in a little circuit every other day.

'016: jacked and lean, baby
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: