blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:54:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530849 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 02, 2016, 09:50:21 AM »

Been following the progress in this thread, great work from all of you but DAMN Eso!! You are looking seriously beastly. Thanks for putting pics up, will encourage the rest of us to do so too i hope!

2016 has been pretty stagnant for me hence why i haven't posted in the thread - there's been nothing to report. Real life keeps getting in the way leading to me starting/stopping incessantly so i've made pretty much zero strength progress. I've hit the gym enough in that time for my numbers not to have regressed, but i definitely wonder where'd i'd be right now if i had kept up my commitment with 5x5 all this time like i did in the beginning. Maybe i'd be able to OHP more than 45 Cheesy I am visibly bigger though and definitely not too fat or have a prominent belly, so that's something positive about this year fitness wise which i can hopefully start to build on.

I'm going to be travelling around Asia in October for a few months. Anyone got any links to good strength increasing circuits/exercises i can do whilst on the go? It might make a nice change to to some stuff without any weights at all for a bit and Asia may be the perfect opportunity to mix it up a bit.

You are a coaches dream if you can stick to one program for so long. This one I am on at the minute is the longest I have done all year, and its 6 weeks in.

Travelling I would legit work on mobility, if you can do the splits and a straight arm dislocate when you are back, you are going to progress so much faster.

Add in some chins and you are on the right path. I think setting out to do something too regimented is just going to mean you will bail and feel like your failing.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 02, 2016, 03:13:40 PM »

Agree with Harvey on this.

I think while travelling is a great time to work on the softer side. Mobility, functionality, calisthenics. Especially in Asia seems like a great time to try out some yoga etc.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 02, 2016, 04:30:33 PM »

Legs today, had a bit of a cold the last few days, so wasn't expecting much. Went in with the mindset of doing what I can, and just tighten up technique. But managed 2x6 at 100kg with the control I am after.

Really looking forward to where I can go from here. Like what Sean is doing, so might do something similar.

Bench tomorrow so looking forward to what that throws up.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 02, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »

Been following the progress in this thread, great work from all of you but DAMN Eso!! You are looking seriously beastly. Thanks for putting pics up, will encourage the rest of us to do so too i hope!

2016 has been pretty stagnant for me hence why i haven't posted in the thread - there's been nothing to report. Real life keeps getting in the way leading to me starting/stopping incessantly so i've made pretty much zero strength progress. I've hit the gym enough in that time for my numbers not to have regressed, but i definitely wonder where'd i'd be right now if i had kept up my commitment with 5x5 all this time like i did in the beginning. Maybe i'd be able to OHP more than 45 Cheesy I am visibly bigger though and definitely not too fat or have a prominent belly, so that's something positive about this year fitness wise which i can hopefully start to build on.

I'm going to be travelling around Asia in October for a few months. Anyone got any links to good strength increasing circuits/exercises i can do whilst on the go? It might make a nice change to to some stuff without any weights at all for a bit and Asia may be the perfect opportunity to mix it up a bit.

Maybe consider taking some exercise bands with you, or buy whilst travelling. Small and lightweight, ideal for maintenance.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 02, 2016, 06:58:06 PM »

Legs today, had a bit of a cold the last few days, so wasn't expecting much. Went in with the mindset of doing what I can, and just tighten up technique. But managed 2x6 at 100kg with the control I am after.

Really looking forward to where I can go from here. Like what Sean is doing, so might do something similar.

Bench tomorrow so looking forward to what that throws up.
Nice!

I had legs today too and video'd again so will post in next 24/48 hours. I didn't get 3 figs and felt the same in terms of going with the flow but managed 60/80/90/95/95/90 x8 with 1min between sets so am sure 3figs isn't too far away

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 03, 2016, 10:33:23 AM »

I've been incorporating a little bit of weighted cardio into routines for 2 lifters lately as they seemed to be struggling with recovery after big lifts, I was speaking to a friend who's coaching some swimmers the now and it was his idea. 

The boys were breathing hard doing this but said they felt the sessions were worth while, going to keep this up for the next 4 weeks and do a bit of speed work off the blocks. 

The routine is 8 reps of the following with a 30 second rest in between each exercise:

Deadlift
Squat
Chin-up-s
OHP
Prowler sprints x 4 25metres at a time. 

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 03, 2016, 12:57:50 PM »

I've been incorporating a little bit of weighted cardio into routines for 2 lifters lately as they seemed to be struggling with recovery after big lifts, I was speaking to a friend who's coaching some swimmers the now and it was his idea. 

The boys were breathing hard doing this but said they felt the sessions were worth while, going to keep this up for the next 4 weeks and do a bit of speed work off the blocks. 

The routine is 8 reps of the following with a 30 second rest in between each exercise:

Deadlift
Squat
Chin-up-s
OHP

Really like this. I have had one of my clients doing something similar for rugby off-season. We did a circuit of cleans, rows, bench, front squats and rack pulls, sets of 3-5, with a 30 second shuttle run straight after each exercise. Glad I was the coach in those sessions and not the athlete, I'll say that much.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 03, 2016, 01:23:07 PM »

Deadlift
Squat
Chin-up-s
OHP

One of the coaches in our mentorship wears a weighted vest to work when he is dieting. Pretty dedicated stuff.

Love that circuit too, I have done similar in the past, although nowhere near as hard as that. DL or Squat, inv row instead of chin and never had access to a prowler so just some sort of core exercise.

Tough not to be a machine with that one though.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 03, 2016, 01:23:42 PM »

Maybe consider taking some exercise bands with you, or buy whilst travelling. Small and lightweight, ideal for maintenance.

This
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 04, 2016, 02:04:53 AM »

Chest

Flat BB Bench - 2r @ 80kg + 2ass

Inc DB Bench - 5r @ 25kg + 2ass

Flat Cable Flies - 5r @ 18kg +2ass (per side)

Inc Hammer Press - 2r @ 30kg + 3ass (per side)

Biceps

Bicep Curls - 8th Notch - 4r +2ass

BB Seated Curls - 6r @ 30kg + 2ass

Seated DB Hammer Curls - 4r @ 15kg + 2ass

After 5 weeks off, I was quite surprised not to be a fair bit weaker than that, and only tried the same weights to give me something to gauge it before next week.

Quite pleased overall, and hopefully not too long before I'll be beyond where I was pre Vegas.

Chest

Flat BB Bench - 6r @ 70kg + 2ass

Inc DB Bench - 6r @ 25kg + 2ass

Inc DB Flies - 8r @ 15kg +3ass

Inc Hammer Press - 4r @ 30kg + 1ass (per side)

Biceps

Bicep Curls - 8th Notch - 6r +2ass

BB Seated Curls - 4r @ 30kg + 3ass

Seated DB Hammer Curls - 7r @ 15kg + 3ass

Dropped my bench down 10kg for the minute, and will chuck 5kg back on next time, and hope to get back to 40/60/80 soon.

Was almost back to where I was on most things, so hopefully things will steady up, and Vegas won't have any lasting effects Smiley

Not an unexpected drop, as they were my weakest body part anyway

Leg Press

100x10
120x10
140x3

After failing so quickly on 140, I took 5 minutes and then worked back to an empty machine.

120x10
100x10
70x51

Got over 50 reps, which was more than previously, but has to be down to doing almost 2 sets less with heavier weights.

Leg Press

100x10
120x10
140x10
160x6 1p

140x10
120x10
100x10
70x64 2p

Strength improved a fair bit after the first week back, and am really happy with that.

Did a bit of core work with a kettlebell, and some crunches to finish the session off.

Went to see my MS nurse, and the new Neuro Physio for my area today, for a routine catch up.

The lady who I had seen over the last 8 years had moved on a few months ago, but I hadn't seen her for a while, so wasn't aware.

New guy seems like a nice fellow, and after discussing what training I'm doing, he said he had a few ideas to help with my core, given the problems I have, and is going to try fitting me in asap for a few sessions, which I can then take back to my friend who trains me.

Productive week so far, and looking forward to my last couple sessions this week.

Looking at the stuff Pokerbroker has his boys doing, I'm glad to be a raspberry Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 04, 2016, 04:23:12 PM »

Just cannot fathom doing a set that long, least of all on leg press.

Great idea with core work. The people I train with MS we just try as much standing exercises as possible, with the safety coming from hand rails and bands. Everyone is different on there obviously, so some days people can barely stand etc. But in general, it is all about standing and walking and using your core to keep you as upright as possible.

Some of the simplest stuff is so so so effective.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 04, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »

Great idea with core work. The people I train with MS we just try as much standing exercises as possible, with the safety coming from hand rails and bands. Everyone is different on there obviously, so some days people can barely stand etc. But in general, it is all about standing and walking and using your core to keep you as upright as possible.

Using just the machine, it's kind of a cardio workout at the end of my lifting, because I can't walk anywhere, and the clonus means I can't do anything on a bike etc.

He said he has a few ideas of exercises that will improve the smaller core muscles, which the stuff I'm already doing won't really activate, so looking forward to getting in to see him anyway.

Because of my balance, almost all standing exercises with weights are going to be unsafe, as I must be about 50/1 on to end up faceplanting. Hopefully that will change as I get stronger, though.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 04, 2016, 05:29:24 PM »

Using just the machine, it's kind of a cardio workout at the end of my lifting, because I can't walk anywhere, and the clonus means I can't do anything on a bike etc.

He said he has a few ideas of exercises that will improve the smaller core muscles, which the stuff I'm already doing won't really activate, so looking forward to getting in to see him anyway.

Because of my balance, almost all standing exercises with weights are going to be unsafe, as I must be about 50/1 on to end up faceplanting. Hopefully that will change as I get stronger, though.

Out of the 5 that regularly come, one women can't stand at all. It is so tough at times. I don't think anyone can stand and be active unassisted. Everyone uses the bars to some degree I think. Such a good group though. I am sure I have said that before, if it was ever to happen to me, I don't think I would have the mental strength to fight on. I admire you so much for doing it! Even more so when you are crushing weights I couldn't do last year!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 04, 2016, 09:09:16 PM »

Out of the 5 that regularly come, one women can't stand at all. It is so tough at times. I don't think anyone can stand and be active unassisted. Everyone uses the bars to some degree I think. Such a good group though. I am sure I have said that before, if it was ever to happen to me, I don't think I would have the mental strength to fight on. I admire you so much for doing it! Even more so when you are crushing weights I couldn't do last year!

Yeah, that must be really tough for her, and it can't be easy trying to work with them either.

I'm quite sure that you'd be more than fine, given how dedicated you are to everything, much like most of the chaps here. I had a good few years where I got caught in the catch22 of doing less, because I couldn't do as much. Worst mistake I ever made, unfortunately. Still, done now, and no point dwelling Smiley

I've always been a lump, even when I was very active in my early 20s, so it would be pretty bad if I couldn't still chuck a few plates about, lol.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 07, 2016, 09:35:07 PM »

I'm watching the Weightlifting at the Olmpics on the Red Button.  These little woman, it really is incredble how strong they are. 

To put into perspective, the snatch that took first place in the womans 53Kg class was equal to the Scottish/British Men's senior record in the 56kg class that has stood for around 20 years.  The lifter who done that was well known to have been on PEDS. 

The total record for a British male lifter is 220kg, I can't see the little Chinese girl being far off that. 

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: