blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:52:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535045 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: November 15, 2016, 07:39:23 PM »

Week 1 figures:
Squat - 100kg (2)
DL - 120kg (3)
Bench - 120kg (4)
OHP - 50kg (5)
Total - 390kg

Week 2 figures:
Squat - 100kg (3)
DL - 140kg (1)
Bench - 120kg (4)
OHP - 60kg (7)
Total - 420kg

Week 3 figures:
Squat - 120kg (2)
DL - 140kg (2)
Bench - 120kg (4)
OHP - 80kg (1)
Total - 460kg

Week 4 figures:
Injured Sad
Total - 0kg

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: November 15, 2016, 09:42:01 PM »

Do you do any specific work on your hip flexors when you feel them tighten up? I find that they're quite easy to stretch off and 'fix' compared to other muscles. Few lunges and they're good as new Smiley

Must be nice! I have had to work very hard on my hip flexors. They're a lot better now, but it wasn't a simple job!

I have a new mobility drill that I use to start my lower body days which I find is very effective. I lunge as far forward as I can and bring the knee to the floor as softly as possible (in this position we are stretching the hip flexors, pre-loading the glutes and activating the core) then come up into a standing bow, warrior 3, then walk into the same thing on the other side. I hold each position for about 3 seconds, but I reset the clock if I start wobbling about everywhere so I make sure it's three seconds of static. I just do 2 sets of 5 on each side. Really is working wonders for posture, lower back strength, core stability, hip flexibility and glute activation.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: November 16, 2016, 10:16:50 AM »

Bench today

4x4 92.5, and each last one was touuuuuugh.

All accessory work was pretty good, and worked through a few new shoulder drills which I am really excited about.

Bench is coming on nicely mate. Really want to see you hit two plates soon.

Do you do any specific work on your hip flexors when you feel them tighten up? I find that they're quite easy to stretch off and 'fix' compared to other muscles. Few lunges and they're good as new Smiley

Over the last two years they have gotten much much better. I think it was just because I walked so much on Sunday. Definitely agree with lunge variations to activate them, although they took me months to get to a 'good place'. I felt them probably most of the back end of 2014 early 2015. It was only really towards the end of 2015 I got some momentum with leg work because they used to be so tight.

I can't remember if I have said it before, but the stretch variation of a mountain climber really helped with my general hip mobility. Fortunately I have moved on a bit since just doing them, but they really set the ball rolling.

100 seems a long way at the minute. But, we shall see how next week goes.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 16, 2016, 10:28:36 AM »

I stayed away from the gym completely last week after Monday's session.

Back again this week but taking it VERY steady with the shoulder. OHP I managed an incredibly healthy 20kg for 4 x 8 just to feel the movement. Event that wasn't completely comfortable and physio has suggested machine press for a bit during rehab. Doesn't seem to have affected bench which I managed 6 at 100kg. Didn't push to 120kg because there really isn't any point.

Also went steady on squats today as my shoulder hurts a bit on those due to being super tight. Just 80kg for 6.

RDL still strong at 100kg for 6 and DL 100kg for 6. I finished with some grip/core work just holding a 60kg bar single arm one side at a time. That's an absolute killer!

All a bit of a come down after the previous weeks of flying up the number but these things happen.

Two more days of training then it's off to Vegas and I won't be back at the gym until probably Tuesday 29th. The lay off should actually be really good as it'll give the shoulder a bit more rest ready to get back on it when I return.

Hopefully I'll get back up to decent numbers to make our get together worthwhile.

That is a serious grip test. Good shoulder work too!

I think it will be close, if I guessed right now

Squat- 130/135
DL- 180
OHP- 65
Bench-105

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 16, 2016, 10:29:57 AM »

Must be nice! I have had to work very hard on my hip flexors. They're a lot better now, but it wasn't a simple job!

I have a new mobility drill that I use to start my lower body days which I find is very effective. I lunge as far forward as I can and bring the knee to the floor as softly as possible (in this position we are stretching the hip flexors, pre-loading the glutes and activating the core) then come up into a standing bow, warrior 3, then walk into the same thing on the other side. I hold each position for about 3 seconds, but I reset the clock if I start wobbling about everywhere so I make sure it's three seconds of static. I just do 2 sets of 5 on each side. Really is working wonders for posture, lower back strength, core stability, hip flexibility and glute activation.

Yeah agreed, I don't think it was 'difficult' work. Just really time consuming. The obvious pain of stretching them, but it just took time to progress with the ROM
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: November 17, 2016, 04:14:35 PM »

Fronts today

4x6 at 82.5kg

Took me ages to bump my SL leg press, but up to 60kg for with it. Really working hard with the LP to try and get some good quality movement, and focusing on being powerful at the bottom so I get some cross over to the squat.

RDLs at 95 for . Touuuuugh.

Split squats with a 28 DB. Basically just hold it like a goblet, feeling strong with that, so fancy a on the road to 50.

Some other work too just too fill it out. Took about 55 mins which seems to be what I am working with last few weeks.

Rack pulls tomorrow but no idea what numbers, I wanna do 2's, but we shall see.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: November 21, 2016, 07:23:32 PM »

In for squats today, was going in for 2's, but just did not feel the love at all. So went for:

4x12's at 70-80kg- Filmed a set, and looked far better on tape than it felt in real time. Just need to work on control a bit more.

5x8 LP 230

Then some accessory work.

Was pretty tough today to plug through it. But all was done in just under an hour.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 24, 2016, 10:03:57 PM »

Long few days but good to get some training in.

Seemed to have lost my mojo a bit with fronts. Not sure why, but went in for 4x3 and worked up from 80-95. I really liked my form, but know I have some strength in there.

Accessory stuff again went really well, though.

Rack pulls tomorrow, starting to really feel the urge to DL again, and these are really helping the confidence.

How is everyone else doing, going a little quiet?
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: November 25, 2016, 12:38:11 AM »

I have been wandering around SE Asia doing absolutely nothing productive regarding exercise. I have no motivation or desire! Plus the early 20's crowd out here have some incredible physiques and i'm like yeah, I only tried really really hard for a year to put on muscle and got precisely nowhere lol. It actually really amazes me how lucky some people are. I guess this is how fat people felt when i used to say i can eat anything i want and not put on weight. 

Speaking of which, when i come back i actually need to cut because i'm quite skinny-fat right now. I really hate it tbh so i've got to get it done even if i become overly skinny in the process. Also, cutting should be something my body should be good at i hope!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:40:09 AM by muckthenuts » Logged
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 25, 2016, 10:17:07 AM »

I have been wandering around SE Asia doing absolutely nothing productive regarding exercise. I have no motivation or desire! Plus the early 20's crowd out here have some incredible physiques and i'm like yeah, I only tried really really hard for a year to put on muscle and got precisely nowhere lol. It actually really amazes me how lucky some people are. I guess this is how fat people felt when i used to say i can eat anything i want and not put on weight. 

Speaking of which, when i come back i actually need to cut because i'm quite skinny-fat right now. I really hate it tbh so i've got to get it done even if i become overly skinny in the process. Also, cutting should be something my body should be good at i hope!

I used to think I couldn't put muscle on for ages, and thats not to say I am some sort of wrecking ball now. But, as I am sure Matt, Sean and others will say, it is not a gimme. Whilst not impossible, far from it, you really do have to give it substantial focus. When you get back you will be a 'beginner' again in terms of adaptations so I would just focus on building. You will get a bit of both, plus muscle mass in shoulders and chest counteracts the illusion of skinny fat pretty well. You get away far better with a dodgy set of abs when your chest shoulders and arms are bigger.

Follow Aadam Ali, his page physqiconomics has some gold for young guys that train.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 25, 2016, 01:45:14 PM »

Was rough for a bit, but been back training for a couple weeks, and it's been going ok, other than the niggle in my left arm.

Changed a few exercises about, and hopefully by after xmas it will have sorted itself out.

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 26, 2016, 09:25:37 PM »

I used to think I couldn't put muscle on for ages, and thats not to say I am some sort of wrecking ball now. But, as I am sure Matt, Sean and others will say, it is not a gimme. Whilst not impossible, far from it, you really do have to give it substantial focus. When you get back you will be a 'beginner' again in terms of adaptations so I would just focus on building. You will get a bit of both, plus muscle mass in shoulders and chest counteracts the illusion of skinny fat pretty well. You get away far better with a dodgy set of abs when your chest shoulders and arms are bigger.

Follow Aadam Ali, his page physqiconomics has some gold for young guys that train.

Thanks for the motivation. Also wow, read a few posts from that guy, seems like a great resource thank you!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 28, 2016, 11:13:25 AM »

Thanks for the motivation. Also wow, read a few posts from that guy, seems like a great resource thank you!

He talks loads of sense, and obviously a really smart guy outside of fitness. I think his aim is more lean than size. But a really good starting point for most young guys with a brain as he talks at a really sensible level.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 28, 2016, 04:25:06 PM »

4x10 Squats today at 90kg. Felt really hard and no real rhythm, so glad to just get it done. Haven't really felt the need at all to go too heavy with back squats at the minute. May swap them soon for some OH work and try to learn that. Still enjoying some fronts so onwards with them.

Accessory work went well too, just took a little time.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 02, 2016, 04:56:20 PM »

Good few days of training, but feeling so hungry so eating much more. Probably 500-100KCALs more a day over the last few days. Will definitely monitor it. Weighed in today at 91.4kg. Don't want to go too far over 90 as at that weight I can diet down pretty well in 6-8 weeks.

May have to throw in a few more sessions and even some walks over Xmas. Possibly even some intermittent fasting to keep things balanced.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: