blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534427 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: July 14, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »

Weekly weigh in yesterday

28th June 2017 - Weight 16st 10lb, waist 37.5"

5th July 2017 - Weight 16st 5lb, waist 37.25"

12th July 2017 - Weight 16st 7lb, waist 37.25"

This is more realistic after the slight anomaly from last week. It suggests that last week was the odd weigh in rather than week one which I'm happy about as I don't want to get too light.

8 weeks to go to a long weekend away which is the target date for diet to end. It'll also probably be a bench press test about the same time so it'll be interesting to see how that goes having lost a chunk of weight. Hope I can stay at 140kg or more whilst dropping to 16st which is just under 102kg. Could eventually give me a 1.5x bodyweight target for bench which would be cool. See how that one goes, long way to go on both counts.

I did the same shoulder session as last week tonight. Really enjoy the way it works super setting with arms. I went a bit heavier tonight but made sure I was minimum 10 reps for everything with a bit left in the tank.

OHP went up a notch with 30kg for 4 x 10. Wasn't as hard as last week so there's a little improvement.

Onwards and upwards.....

I am sure its been asked at talked about, but where were you at when you were at your 'lightest' so to speak. As in when you were a more developed trainee.

It's about two years ago that I went from 15st 13lb down to 15st 3lb whilst panicking that I may hit the 14s for the since time since I was in my teens.

I was just coming back from my bad back injury so training wasn't optimal. I've just had a look through the thread and I was benching 80 to 100 and struggling to DB press 46kg. I haven't tried going heavy with DBs for ages but I'm doing 2 x 10 at 40kg as part of my warm up on bench day so I think I'd hit the 50s easy enough if I decide to have a go.

Squatting looks like it was coming along really well so not sure what went wrong there? Best guess is that I over did it somewhere and set myself back 6 months.

So yeah I think training was pretty different and I was definitely nowhere near as strong especially with upper body.

I'm hoping for good things in the next few months. It's been a difficult time for me recently as my dog's been very poorly. He's passed away now which although very sad now means I can get back to normal life and focus again.

Looking to train 6 days per week with the bonus that if I miss a morning I can catch up in the evening. Only missed Tuesday this week which was a planned day off so all good there.

The problem I have at the moment is wanting to train pretty much all the time. I need to stay patient but it's not easy when you have a new found buzz for it all.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: July 15, 2017, 02:55:21 PM »

First mini DL sessions today for a while. Nothing too drastic, just went in to test where I am at strength wise. Weighed in at 86.6 today, after a high carb day yesterday.

140 for some
150 for some
160 for 1
170 for 1, which didn't feel to pretty so just went back down to,
140 for some

I think I have 3-5kg of visible fat to lose, so will see how where I get too, but going to increase my high carb days now so I can keep pushing with training.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: July 15, 2017, 03:12:55 PM »

First mini DL sessions today for a while. Nothing too drastic, just went in to test where I am at strength wise. Weighed in at 86.6 today, after a high carb day yesterday.

140 for some
150 for some
160 for 1
140 for some

I think I have 3-5kg of visible fat to lose, so will see how where I get too, but going to increase my high carb days now so I can keep pushing with training.

Remember squat man I told you about a few weeks back? He was in today deadlifting a steady 6 plates...... Just the 260 then..... It's insane to see it, it really is. It actually put me off a bit at first as I was fascinated to watch his form but in the end it actually got me thinking that's where I want to be in 5 years and pushed me to stick a bit more on the bar myself.

Good to see you kept the discipline and dropped down. That's where I'm at at the moment with DL, trying to stay disciplined and not stick too much on the bar. Every time I've tried anything reasonably heavy I've gone and injured myself so now I'm determined to take it insanely slow. I have no intention of sticking anything above 100kg on the bar for the rest of this year unless for some reason I feel my form at that weight is 100% on point for 5 x 5. Just want to slowly build my entire posterior chain and core so that next year I can maybe have a push towards the high 100s.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: July 15, 2017, 05:18:38 PM »

Started ramping up again for a bench press attempt today. Last time I tried the ramp up went really well but I was injured on test day so my PR still stands at 140kg.

Hoping to push for 145kg or more at the end of the programme, Harvey's available on the 12th August so starting now it's all go for an attempt in 5 weeks.

I'll be doing the same programme as before with a slight variation in week 4 as a bit of an experiment:

Week one 4 x 6 at 75% plus 4 x 3 at 80% with the slingshot.
Week two 5 x 5 at 75% plus 4 x 3 at 80% with the slingshot.
Week three 6 x 4 at 75% plus 4 x 3 at 80% with the slingshot.
Week four 4 x 3 at 80% plus 3 x 2 at 85% with the slingshot.
Week five 3 x 2 at 85% plus 3 x 1 at 90% with the slingshot.
Week six test

I'm going to mess with the percentages a little bit to make sure I make the reps but these are the approximate guides.

Week one today....

2 x 6 @ 105kg, 2 x 6 @ 107.5kg ------- 2 x 3 @ 120kg, 2 x 3 @ 125kg (slingshot)

Good start, felt really good and had a rep or two in the tank every set. I didn't pause every rep but not overly worried about that.

Buzzing about giving this a good shot for the next few weeks, plenty of accessory stuff to do in the week as well which should help towards a decent press in August.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: July 15, 2017, 05:40:50 PM »

Sry to hear about your dog, Matt.

Lost a couple myself, and it's heartbreaking Sad

Both times Dad has said I'm not going through that again, but the house seems so empty and we were out getting another.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: July 16, 2017, 11:00:17 AM »

Both times Dad has said I'm not going through that again, but the house seems so empty and we were out getting another.

Completely missed that, never like to hear these things Sad
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: July 16, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »

Started ramping up again for a bench press attempt today. Last time I tried the ramp up went really well but I was injured on test day so my PR still stands at 140kg.

Hoping to push for 145kg or more at the end of the programme, Harvey's available on the 12th August so starting now it's all go for an attempt in 5 weeks.

I'll be doing the same programme as before with a slight variation in week 4 as a bit of an experiment:

Week one 4 x 6 at 75% plus 4 x 3 at 80% with the slingshot.
Week two 5 x 5 at 75% plus 4 x 3 at 80% with the slingshot.
Week three 6 x 4 at 75% plus 4 x 3 at 80% with the slingshot.
Week four 4 x 3 at 80% plus 3 x 2 at 85% with the slingshot.
Week five 3 x 2 at 85% plus 3 x 1 at 90% with the slingshot.
Week six test

I'm going to mess with the percentages a little bit to make sure I make the reps but these are the approximate guides.

Week one today....

2 x 6 @ 105kg, 2 x 6 @ 107.5kg ------- 2 x 3 @ 120kg, 2 x 3 @ 125kg (slingshot)

Good start, felt really good and had a rep or two in the tank every set. I didn't pause every rep but not overly worried about that.

Buzzing about giving this a good shot for the next few weeks, plenty of accessory stuff to do in the week as well which should help towards a decent press in August.

What kind of stuff do you have planned? your own devising or using supertraining?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: July 16, 2017, 11:01:59 AM »

140 for some
150 for some
160 for 1
140 for some

Remember squat man I told you about a few weeks back? He was in today deadlifting a steady 6 plates...... Just the 260 then..... It's insane to see it, it really is. It actually put me off a bit at first as I was fascinated to watch his form but in the end it actually got me thinking that's where I want to be in 5 years and pushed me to stick a bit more on the bar myself.

Good to see you kept the discipline and dropped down. That's where I'm at at the moment with DL, trying to stay disciplined and not stick too much on the bar. Every time I've tried anything reasonably heavy I've gone and injured myself so now I'm determined to take it insanely slow. I have no intention of sticking anything above 100kg on the bar for the rest of this year unless for some reason I feel my form at that weight is 100% on point for 5 x 5. Just want to slowly build my entire posterior chain and core so that next year I can maybe have a push towards the high 100s.

Some huge numbers from him,

Since I am 7kg lighter than the last time I did that, it does give a slight confidence boost.

But in no real rush right now for numbers, the overwhelming focus is constant tension and effective movement.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: July 16, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »

Cheers Marky. Yeah it's really shit but he had an amazing and long life (for a Rottweiler) so it's just part of life.

It makes me feel a bit guilty whenever I enjoy a bit of the new found freedom.... Being able to just nip to the gym in the evening without a second thought for anyone else is actually quite pleasant. It won't last long, already got my eyes on the next pup Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: July 16, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »

What kind of stuff do you have planned? your own devising or using supertraining?

Just my own stuff really. ST recommend quite a few exercises but they always say that your accessory should be based around your owns areas that need work.

To be honest I don't have anywhere in particular that my bench breaks down so I'm just going to do general stuff until I hit a point where something specific stops an attempt.

Main thing I'm doing is adding a full chest accessory day which will be DB press, narrow grip bench, incline bench and then a bench variation such as Spoto press, paused press, tempo press etc. This will all be roughly in the 60% range with 6 to 10 reps being the target not pushed to failure.

I've added in a shoulders day with arms supersets where previously I didn't do anything at all on arms. Also a specific upper back day which will again have some arms work. Again all steady weights with 6 to 10 being the target with some left in the tank every set.

So that's four days where I train upper at the expense of only having two days for lower. One of those will be light legs and one light posterior chain work.

Going to give this a go at least up to my PR attempt in August to see how it goes. Hoping that by keeping light on the legs and lower back stuff that I can avoid injuries... See how that one goes....

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: July 17, 2017, 12:24:28 AM »

I am sure its been asked at talked about, but where were you at when you were at your 'lightest' so to speak. As in when you were a more developed trainee.

Just going back to this question I'd completely forgotten about the old 'Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym' thread....

I've had a read through the last few pages and it gives a real good view of how things have changed.

At the end of the thread I was weighing in just over 15st and I'd set myself some goals to get a bit bigger and stronger. Stats were:

5th Aug Chest - 43", Waist - 35", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 15.75"

Mid November target....... Chest - 45", Waist - 34", Leg - 24.5", Bicep - 16.5"

This was back in 2015 so it'll be interesting to see how things stand on 5th August 2017 two years on.... Training has been a bit patchy but generally reasonable, very recently I've been consistent and I expect to remain that way for quite a while so the numbers could be pleasing.

Pretty sure chest and biceps will have surpassed those targets, leg should be close, waist will be bigger Sad

I'd settle for Chest 46", waist, 36", Leg, 24.5", Bicep 17"

New numbers challenge Smiley

As an aside I managed 44kg dumbbells for 3 reps on August 25th that year. Pretty sure I've improved there.....

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: July 17, 2017, 09:22:04 PM »

Pressing strength surely has to be at an all time high right now, Matt?

Trying to build up sets of 15-20 on squats.

Started with 4x12 at 70 today. Really want good reps throughout so not in a rush to move up crazily. Also due to wanting to be in the sun, I am pairing everything so it does drain me a touch. Looking forward to winter and a full focus on the big movements again.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: July 17, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »

Started with 4x12 at 70 today. Really want good reps throughout so not in a rush to move up crazily. Also due to wanting to be in the sun, I am pairing everything so it does drain me a touch. Looking forward to winter and a full focus on the big movements again.

Bench press is close although I haven't tried 100kg for max reps. Used to be quite a few but don't know how many, well in to double figures that's for sure. Never used to do 1RM stuff so can't compare there.

For dumbbells I doubt I'm anywhere near my prime. Used to bang out double figures for 50kg easily and I doubt I'd do that now. Might give it a go over the next few weeks on accessory day, should be able to 5 or 6 out easily enough but 10 may be a stretch.

OHP and DB press are nowhere near.

Don't worry mate, winter is coming, you'll soon be able to start eating again Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: July 18, 2017, 11:46:57 AM »

Bench press is close although I haven't tried 100kg for max reps. Used to be quite a few but don't know how many, well in to double figures that's for sure. Never used to do 1RM stuff so can't compare there.

For dumbbells I doubt I'm anywhere near my prime. Used to bang out double figures for 50kg easily and I doubt I'd do that now. Might give it a go over the next few weeks on accessory day, should be able to 5 or 6 out easily enough but 10 may be a stretch.

Don't worry mate, winter is coming, you'll soon be able to start eating again Cheesy

I would wager you bench press more technically now though, using chest more etc. a slightly better one if not stronger.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: July 18, 2017, 11:47:20 AM »

Counting down the days!
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: