blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:12:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530787 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: September 20, 2017, 10:49:29 AM »

Up to my neck in Narcos atm, but love TGG, and seen this guy mentioned on here a few times.

Will definitely be listening to this over the weekend, whilst knocking it in on horses and golf.

Cheers for posting this.  Great watch from start to finish.  Who is the other big guy in the middle of the three of them?
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: September 20, 2017, 12:37:31 PM »

That's The True Geordie himself! Does premier league recap videos among other stuff, is a lot funnier when Newcastle are losing:) Doesn't look quite so big next to Eddie!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: September 20, 2017, 02:13:55 PM »

Up to my neck in Narcos atm, but love TGG, and seen this guy mentioned on here a few times.

Will definitely be listening to this over the weekend, whilst knocking it in on horses and golf.

Cheers for posting this.  Great watch from start to finish.  Who is the other big guy in the middle of the three of them?

Missed this, I did see it pop up on YouTube but 1:57 didn't appeal, but gave it a little watch earlier and enjoyed it. Gonna try and get through it over the next few days.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: September 20, 2017, 03:30:02 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWaZLW7Bfa83J_h587dH1WQ

Got a pretty big youtube following, and does recaps of all footy, as nuros says.

I don't follow all of his stuff, but I think he was a diver of some sort, and has always been into lifting etc.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: September 20, 2017, 03:31:01 PM »

Missed this, I did see it pop up on YouTube but 1:57 didn't appeal, but gave it a little watch earlier and enjoyed it. Gonna try and get through it over the next few days.

It appeals, but I've no time to sit for a couple hours.

That said, I've got a few hours this evening, so will try and bash it out.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: September 20, 2017, 03:31:26 PM »

That's The True Geordie himself! Does premier league recap videos among other stuff, is a lot funnier when Newcastle are losing:) Doesn't look quite so big next to Eddie!

I've watched some of the other rants, but the Toon ones are by far the best Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: September 20, 2017, 08:25:08 PM »

It appeals, but I've no time to sit for a couple hours.

That said, I've got a few hours this evening, so will try and bash it out.

about 45 mins in, actually really interesting. I guess theres so much of the story I don't know so I have been enjoying it. Good find.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: September 21, 2017, 10:17:13 PM »

Just finished that Eddie podcast, actually really good. Heard quite a bit I have never heard before. Long one, but worth it.

Training today was DLs. Lower back was so sore from bench the day before. Don't think I have ever created tension like that on the bench 92.5 for 4/3/3/4 it was the last rep on the last set where I really went in.

So DLs today where 140 for 8 then 150 for 5/5/4. probably shoulda had the fifth on the last one, but we can save that for next week.

Hitting the wall with 1 leg lunges 4x8e at 18kg. Just fail on every last rep. Great in one sense, annoying another.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: September 22, 2017, 01:30:10 AM »

Just finished that Eddie podcast, actually really good. Heard quite a bit I have never heard before. Long one, but worth it.

Training today was DLs. Lower back was so sore from bench the day before. Don't think I have ever created tension like that on the bench 92.5 for 4/3/3/4 it was the last rep on the last set where I really went in.

So DLs today where 140 for 8 then 150 for 5/5/4. probably shoulda had the fifth on the last one, but we can save that for next week.

Hitting the wall with 1 leg lunges 4x8e at 18kg. Just fail on every last rep. Great in one sense, annoying another.

I'm only about 1/2 hour in at the moment, and he's just talking about the mountain being a wanker Cheesy

I was talking with my friend that trains me about tension today, funnily enough. I find it very hard to create any, as my core is almost dead, and I have to consciously attempt to engage it. Well, the little that actually will engage, now.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: September 22, 2017, 03:20:04 PM »

I'm only about 1/2 hour in at the moment, and he's just talking about the mountain being a wanker Cheesy

I was talking with my friend that trains me about tension today, funnily enough. I find it very hard to create any, as my core is almost dead, and I have to consciously attempt to engage it. Well, the little that actually will engage, now.

I did hear about the Thor story when it came out. Seemed a little lol.

Yeah I can imagine you are going to really struggle, which makes it more challenging, but if you can create more this week than last you are on the right track. I have no idea how much can be 're found' in your case. But at lasting holding onto whats left and any 're-activation' is a huge bonus.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: September 22, 2017, 03:45:07 PM »

Yeah I can imagine you are going to really struggle, which makes it more challenging, but if you can create more this week than last you are on the right track. I have no idea how much can be 're found' in your case. But at lasting holding onto whats left and any 're-activation' is a huge bonus.

My core strengthening regime is taking forever and that's without your obvious additional issues.

Now that I've accepted that it's weak it's making it easier to deal with as I don't get frustrated at things I can't (or shouldn't) do.

I know we've touched on it before but if you can activate your core can it still be strengthened?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: September 22, 2017, 05:11:42 PM »

My core strengthening regime is taking forever and that's without your obvious additional issues.

Now that I've accepted that it's weak it's making it easier to deal with as I don't get frustrated at things I can't (or shouldn't) do.

I know we've touched on it before but if you can activate your core can it still be strengthened?

I use 'activation' in ' ' because I don't even know how to define it. If you can tense it, its activated right? I think have the ability to put force through a specific muscle is much harder. So just using your bicep for a girl etc.

The core is made of of multiple muscle groups too, so you can use one muscle instead of another etc. Some people have a very strong X but weaker Y for example, both X and Y are core muscle so is their core weak, or do they just have an imbalance through it?

Then you throw in something like MS and where do you start? Everyone I have met with it (small sample size of about 10-15 people) are different in their abilities.

Core/pain/back pain/rehab etc are such interesting topics for me though.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: September 22, 2017, 05:23:52 PM »

I use 'activation' in ' ' because I don't even know how to define it. If you can tense it, its activated right? I think have the ability to put force through a specific muscle is much harder. So just using your bicep for a girl etc.

The core is made of of multiple muscle groups too, so you can use one muscle instead of another etc. Some people have a very strong X but weaker Y for example, both X and Y are core muscle so is their core weak, or do they just have an imbalance through it?

Then you throw in something like MS and where do you start? Everyone I have met with it (small sample size of about 10-15 people) are different in their abilities.

Core/pain/back pain/rehab etc are such interesting topics for me though.

I think compensation has been my biggest problem especially with deadlifts. My generally weak core as well as weak glutes and hams meant that my lower back was kicking in when it shouldn't be. Because my back is slightly damaged it was getting injured due to the overload.

The only solution I can see is to keep working light so that more muscles get recruited correctly rather than the weak ones giving up and letting the others take over. Hopefully that will slowly improve their strength so that they can do their job at heavier weights.

Seems to be working for me thus far but as you say once you throw MS in to the mix where do you even start?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: September 22, 2017, 09:37:31 PM »

Yeah, imagine those units all kicking lumps out of each other.

It's a lot better than it has been, but it's still very weird, and also trying to get my legs to stay still is fun, too.

Like Matt, I think mine are imbalanced, since MS, too. I've always had a weaker left side, which meant my right half compensated.

I'm bouncing off walls much better than before, so it's all working, on the most part.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: September 22, 2017, 11:24:21 PM »

Some good numbers there too, how consistent has 6x a week been?

6x per week has been every week for about 8 weeks other than when I went away the other weekend. That was a Friday to Tuesday break and I still got 4 in one week and 5 the other. Absolutely loving it at the moment and don't like it if I miss my full quota.

The core and lower work seems to be coming along nicely although it's very early days yet. I'm doing sumo DL on my posterior chain day and I've now slotted in conventional DL on legs day. 100kg is now really comfortable on both but I'm resisting the temptation to move up just yet. I managed 6 x 4 at 100kg tonight and that was after RDL up to 100kg and squats up to 90kg although that was only for a double.

Squats are all high bar now and that seems to be working well. I'm really focussing on tension and again that seems to be helping a lot as long as I keep light.

I'm going to boost the calories soon but just with a couple of protein shakes a day. Hoping that might help build a bit more muscle without adding too much weight back on.

Basically everything right now is brilliant. Diet is decent, weight is dropping but strength increasing in everything other than bench which was close to peak anyway so no surprises there.

Happy days Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: