blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:21:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272634 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 536875 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: September 23, 2017, 06:41:27 PM »

Don't think a spotter is needed tbh!

When you thinking? Notts yeah? See how many people we can get involved?

Glad I had a spotter today...... First failed rep for quite a while although to be fair it was a 140kg with the slingshot at the end of a tough session.

Managed 4 x 3 @ 110kg then a couple of slingshot doubles at 120kg and 130kg followed by the failed attempt at 140kg. Shouldn't have done it really but I felt decent and was very surprised I couldn't get the full rep.

Checking back through my records I'm 5kg lighter than last time I did 110kg or 140kg with the slingshot so maybe that's a factor. It's also been 7 weeks since I've had more than 105 on the bar so plenty of excuses to make myself feel better.

My programme is supposed to be 110kg for 4 x 6 on week 1 when I start so thought I best give it a go to see how it feels. There's no way in hell I'd have got 6 out today so definitely need to up my game over the next few weeks until I start. Might need to start eating again......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:35 PM »

Bit of an increase on deadlifts tonight with no apparent adverse effects.

2 x 5 at 110kg then 3 x 3 at 130kg all sumo.

I hadn't planned going this heavy just yet but felt good so why not......

Probably going to stick at this weight for a little while until I hit 5 x 5 then perhaps sneak up a touch again.

Tension feels really good, everything feels really solid hence feeling the need to increase a bit. Not sure if this will transfer to conventional but I won't push unless I feel it's there easily.

I think farmers walks are helping a lot and I can't believe I've never done them before. 4 sets of 50 steps at 36kg is now too easy so will go up next time. The transfer from those to DL seems great mainly with grip and keeping my upper body locked solid.

I'm banging on a bit now but really loving training at the moment Smiley

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: October 04, 2017, 09:03:52 AM »

Bit of an increase on deadlifts tonight with no apparent adverse effects.

2 x 5 at 110kg then 3 x 3 at 130kg all sumo.

I hadn't planned going this heavy just yet but felt good so why not......

Probably going to stick at this weight for a little while until I hit 5 x 5 then perhaps sneak up a touch again.

Tension feels really good, everything feels really solid hence feeling the need to increase a bit. Not sure if this will transfer to conventional but I won't push unless I feel it's there easily.

I think farmers walks are helping a lot and I can't believe I've never done them before. 4 sets of 50 steps at 36kg is now too easy so will go up next time. The transfer from those to DL seems great mainly with grip and keeping my upper body locked solid.

I'm banging on a bit now but really loving training at the moment Smiley

Think you fail the powerlifter test there. Pretty sure there second rule is you shouldn't be able to count above 5.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: October 04, 2017, 09:07:09 AM »

Nice couple of weeks training, nothing too spectacular. I feel like I am setting some good foundations for some strength work at the back end of this year.

Not sure when I will start it, but could be from next week.

Started to eat a little more, and have taken each week down to 4 sessions and cut out the walking. On top of that, have added about 5000KCALs a week in. Crazy how the body compensates to stay in balance. Only gained 1kg which could definitely be just water weight from more carbs. I must be moving around more day to day/pushing harder in the gym/or generally just being 'healthier' with my bodies mechanisms. I do want to do an N=1 experiment of day of going crazy low KCAL for 6-10 weeks and then bring it back up to the point when I maintain and document it to see how much difference there is in day to day life.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 05, 2017, 11:53:12 PM »

Nice couple of weeks training, nothing too spectacular. I feel like I am setting some good foundations for some strength work at the back end of this year.

Started to eat a little more, and have taken each week down to 4 sessions and cut out the walking. On top of that, have added about 5000KCALs a week in. Crazy how the body compensates to stay in balance. Only gained 1kg which could definitely be just water weight from more carbs. I must be moving around more day to day/pushing harder in the gym/or generally just being 'healthier' with my bodies mechanisms. I do want to do an N=1 experiment of day of going crazy low KCAL for 6-10 weeks and then bring it back up to the point when I maintain and document it to see how much difference there is in day to day life.

Similar to me with building the foundations for a push at some strength work. All of my assistance work has seen really good gains in recent months despite losing 7kg or so and it seems to be carrying through to the main lifts.

Had a bit of a break in the sun last weekend but managed to get back to the gym on Tuesday and am right back in to it and feeling strong. OHP tonight for an easy 50kg that felt really well locked in and also 40kg farmers walks for 50 or so steps. They're really tough!!

I've bumped my calories up a touch and it's all in the 3 hours or so before training which should help fuel my sessions. I've switched to 4 x whole eggs on 2 x pitta from 200g egg whites and 1 x pitta after work at about 5.30pm. I've also added a protein shake pre training about 8pm but that's the only two changes. Probably amounts to an extra 3000 calories per week which I'm hoping will keep my weight pretty stable whilst still improving strength. There was probably a few more kilos to come off if I stayed as I was and I really don't to get any smaller.

Perhaps look at starting a strength block together with a test towards the end of the year?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 06, 2017, 09:18:30 AM »

Similar to me with building the foundations for a push at some strength work. All of my assistance work has seen really good gains in recent months despite losing 7kg or so and it seems to be carrying through to the main lifts.

Had a bit of a break in the sun last weekend but managed to get back to the gym on Tuesday and am right back in to it and feeling strong. OHP tonight for an easy 50kg that felt really well locked in and also 40kg farmers walks for 50 or so steps. They're really tough!!

I've bumped my calories up a touch and it's all in the 3 hours or so before training which should help fuel my sessions. I've switched to 4 x whole eggs on 2 x pitta from 200g egg whites and 1 x pitta after work at about 5.30pm. I've also added a protein shake pre training about 8pm but that's the only two changes. Probably amounts to an extra 3000 calories per week which I'm hoping will keep my weight pretty stable whilst still improving strength. There was probably a few more kilos to come off if I stayed as I was and I really don't to get any smaller.

Perhaps look at starting a strength block together with a test towards the end of the year?

Odd timing to say that, research study came out yesterday to say whole eggs are more anabolic that white eggs (probably something within their fat and fit make up) although I can't imagine it making to much difference if it is seen to be true. I just can't handle throwing away the yolk, makes me so sad.

Yeah definitely, I am up for end of Nov start of Dec kinda deal?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 07, 2017, 12:24:04 PM »

Odd timing to say that, research study came out yesterday to say whole eggs are more anabolic that white eggs (probably something within their fat and fit make up) although I can't imagine it making to much difference if it is seen to be true. I just can't handle throwing away the yolk, makes me so sad.

Yeah definitely, I am up for end of Nov start of Dec kinda deal?

I've got a bench PR attempt programmed in for either 25th Nov or 2nd Dec. Need to know which one so I can ramp up to it but either works well for me.

Tried a 100kg squat last night, it did not go well Cheesy Got some really bad knee cave that I've never suffered with before. Best get some glute work going on I suppose.

I reckon by 2nd Dec I could have a go at a 110kg squat, 160kg deadlift, 147.5kg bench and depending on what's left in the tank perhaps 80kg OHP.

Where do you think your targets might be based on current thinking of course? I understand the numbers may change in a week, mine will!!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 07, 2017, 07:47:39 PM »

Interesting development during today's chest session. I was part way through my 5 x 5 at 100kg as planned when a guy I've chatted to before asked if he could join me for a few sets. He's a very strong bencher who I've seen do 3 plates before so was happy to train with him for a bit.

Training with someone strong really pushed me to do a lot more than planned including a few slingshot reps up to 140kg. He tried the slingshot and got up to 170kg for a very slightly assisted single and he's buying one when he gets home Cheesy

I'd normally finish my heavy work at that but joined him for a bit more chest work so got some really good volume in and we've arranged to do a heavy bench day again next Saturday. It's been ages since I've had a training partner stronger than me so it could be really good to give me a boost and I'm really looking forward to it.

Best thing about having a training partner is of course having someone you can trust stood behind you in case it all goes wrong. Definitely worth a few kgs knowing that you're not going to die if you struggle a bit so potentially positive times.

Very early days and it might not work out but fingers crossed it does.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: October 09, 2017, 12:57:43 PM »

Interesting development during today's chest session. I was part way through my 5 x 5 at 100kg as planned when a guy I've chatted to before asked if he could join me for a few sets. He's a very strong bencher who I've seen do 3 plates before so was happy to train with him for a bit.

Training with someone strong really pushed me to do a lot more than planned including a few slingshot reps up to 140kg. He tried the slingshot and got up to 170kg for a very slightly assisted single and he's buying one when he gets home Cheesy

I'd normally finish my heavy work at that but joined him for a bit more chest work so got some really good volume in and we've arranged to do a heavy bench day again next Saturday. It's been ages since I've had a training partner stronger than me so it could be really good to give me a boost and I'm really looking forward to it.

Best thing about having a training partner is of course having someone you can trust stood behind you in case it all goes wrong. Definitely worth a few kgs knowing that you're not going to die if you struggle a bit so potentially positive times.

Very early days and it might not work out but fingers crossed it does.

Definitely helpful when you have that dynamic at the gym.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 10, 2017, 02:08:59 PM »

So, slightly embarrassing story although nobody else would have noticed.

Changed up to having back squats back in the plan, last few months its just been every variant of a lunge I can think of. This week my plan is 3x4 of all the big lifts. Bring the OL shoes back in with me, so a little bit more stability and confidence.

Wasn't too sure what number I was going to put on the bar but had an idea of where I wanted to get to.

Loaded up 90 for a second warm up set and was shaking by the 4th rep. Not what I had planned.

Little step back, I haven't squatted for a while, nor leg pressed in months. So the only heavy work through my legs has been DL and thats only been 150 so not too worried, but might take a bit longer to get back to the number I had in my head. No stiffness today so going to go with it being neurological as opposed to physiological. Few more weeks of getting used to it and will be happy.

Bench today 3x4 at 95. Liked the technique and really focusing on knuckles to the sky.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: October 19, 2017, 11:25:43 PM »

Thread seems incredibly quiet so thought I'd do a little update.

I've just recently made a few minor changes to my routine. My ongoing wrist, forearm, bicep, tricep issues seem to have disappeared for now so I'm blasting arms quite a lot whilst I have the chance. Hopefully this will build a bit of muscle in my arms which in turn will mean that muscles are doing the work rather than tendons which should help prevent problems returning.

I've got some huge problems with my shoulder at the moment but it's muscular rather than joint related so should be easily fixable. I've upped my back work a lot in the last month or two and the physio reckons that's what's causing my problem as the muscles have just grown and need a bit of time to ease off a bit. Doesn't affect my lifting too much as long as I warm up so not a problem.

I'm working on shoulders quite a bit as well and managed a reasonably easy 4 x 3 at 60kg OHP tonight which was pleasing. I'd like to slowly increase these up to 80kg or so for doubles which should be achievable if I avoid injury.

Still loving training, still making it 6 sessions a week. Onwards and upwards Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: October 19, 2017, 11:26:29 PM »

Changed up to having back squats back in the plan, last few months its just been every variant of a lunge I can think of. This week my plan is 3x4 of all the big lifts. Bring the OL shoes back in with me, so a little bit more stability and confidence.

Wasn't too sure what number I was going to put on the bar but had an idea of where I wanted to get to.

Loaded up 90 for a second warm up set and was shaking by the 4th rep. Not what I had planned.

Little step back, I haven't squatted for a while, nor leg pressed in months. So the only heavy work through my legs has been DL and thats only been 150 so not too worried, but might take a bit longer to get back to the number I had in my head. No stiffness today so going to go with it being neurological as opposed to physiological. Few more weeks of getting used to it and will be happy.

Bench today 3x4 at 95. Liked the technique and really focusing on knuckles to the sky.

Any updates mate? 4 x 3 working well on the big 4?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 22, 2017, 06:28:02 PM »

Thread seems incredibly quiet so thought I'd do a little update.

I've just recently made a few minor changes to my routine. My ongoing wrist, forearm, bicep, tricep issues seem to have disappeared for now so I'm blasting arms quite a lot whilst I have the chance. Hopefully this will build a bit of muscle in my arms which in turn will mean that muscles are doing the work rather than tendons which should help prevent problems returning.

I've got some huge problems with my shoulder at the moment but it's muscular rather than joint related so should be easily fixable. I've upped my back work a lot in the last month or two and the physio reckons that's what's causing my problem as the muscles have just grown and need a bit of time to ease off a bit. Doesn't affect my lifting too much as long as I warm up so not a problem.

I'm working on shoulders quite a bit as well and managed a reasonably easy 4 x 3 at 60kg OHP tonight which was pleasing. I'd like to slowly increase these up to 80kg or so for doubles which should be achievable if I avoid injury.

Still loving training, still making it 6 sessions a week. Onwards and upwards Smiley

Thats a great effort to be banging out 6 on a regular basis!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: October 22, 2017, 06:31:55 PM »

Any updates mate? 4 x 3 working well on the big 4?

Only just started so nothing major to report.

3x4 100 for back squats. Feels really hard, but I think I just need to get used to positioning again as I haven't done it for a while.
3x4 150 for DL doesn't feel to tough, just working on staying tight
3x4 95 for bench, still feels tough but struggling with the last rep so keen to nail that before moving up.

Training going well on the whole though. In around 4 times a week and enjoying it. A really good buzz too, the time I go a power lifter and an olympic lifter go. So really good to see people nail their movements. The PL guy's technique is about as spot on for PL, and the OL guy looks incredibly fluent when he does the movements. 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 22, 2017, 07:04:35 PM »

I've just had my last week off before Xmas.

Down to 15 1/2 stone, which is lightest I've been since I could walk unaided.

Not really following much of a diet, just trying to get >200g protein in, and whatever else comes with it.

See if I can get to 15 by Xmas, and not hit 16 before I go back to the gym after it Grin

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: