blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:59:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530810 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: August 19, 2019, 12:31:08 AM »

Nice going Mr Evil.

Training here is going well and banging hard at the crossfit stuff.. Have recently posted top 100 world numbers in a couple of the official qualifying Crossfit WODS for my age group

and now have a resting heart beat of an athlete at 56 bpm.

PT official opinion is 'i'm as fit as fuck !' . wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: August 19, 2019, 07:29:00 AM »

Good stuff mate.

Any thoughts of competing?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: August 19, 2019, 09:57:01 AM »

Good stuff mate.

Any thoughts of competing?

Not really.. Although im in the gym up to 6 times a week id have to dedicate a lot more time to it as i have a couple of weak movements.. im happy as I am and good to know im right up there with my strong movements

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: August 19, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »

Impressive stuff, chaps. Very strong indeed!

If you two lumps are smashing it up so well, I better pull my lazy ass out of the office and get back chucking some 2.5kg plates about. I've not been since I got back last month, and my PT has gone to sample a different kind of supplement, as he's living in Ibiza for the summer Cheesy

I lost ~7-10lbs while I was away iirc, and I've only put a bit back on since getting home. Going to see if I can get myself back to about 15 stone before I go to Vegas in Dec.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: August 22, 2019, 03:51:50 AM »

Impressive stuff from Matt and Dean.
Personally just getting back into light weights after a pretty bad flare up of old wrist injury. Shoulder also giving me grief but that's manageable. Been doing a lot of cardio last few weeks instead. Looking to up the weights based workouts post holiday
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: August 25, 2019, 10:28:02 PM »

Personally just getting back into light weights after a pretty bad flare up of old wrist injury. Shoulder also giving me grief but that's manageable. Been doing a lot of cardio last few weeks instead. Looking to up the weights based workouts post holiday

I went a hell of a long time with a really messed up wrist that caused major training problems. I couldn't do any kind of curl and pretty much any exercise that may involve slight movement of the wrist might end up in excruciating pain and dropping the weights.

I really feel your anguish at this as it's an agonising shooting pain that just comes on in an instant.

Have you tried wrist straps? I bought some a couple of years or so ago and they really helped. My wrists slowly got better and I'm now at the point where I don't need them so I'm able to do more training and actually start to build wrist strength so hopefully they don't cause problems again in the future.

Good luck getting through this one.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: August 26, 2019, 01:16:07 PM »

I went a hell of a long time with a really messed up wrist that caused major training problems. I couldn't do any kind of curl and pretty much any exercise that may involve slight movement of the wrist might end up in excruciating pain and dropping the weights.

I really feel your anguish at this as it's an agonising shooting pain that just comes on in an instant.

Have you tried wrist straps? I bought some a couple of years or so ago and they really helped. My wrists slowly got better and I'm now at the point where I don't need them so I'm able to do more training and actually start to build wrist strength so hopefully they don't cause problems again in the future.

Good luck getting through this one.

Cheers Matt

It's an injury caused by 20 years of restraining people. At its worst I can't grip anything without extreme pain in wrist and hand. Always eases when in the USA, due to the heat. Just gonna go slow on this and check on wrist position constantly when lifting.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: September 03, 2019, 05:10:06 PM »

Huge surge at the moment since I finally broke through the 3 plate barrier.

Managed 145kg on Sunday which equals my all time PR. It was far from easy so beating it could be tough but I think there's a chance if everything lines up nicely next week.

Also got a 130kg triple which is a 5kg PR and 155kg with the slingshot which is again a PR.

All round I'd say Sunday was a pretty good day Smiley

I've started to cut a little bit of weight now having peaked at 108kg. Currently down to about 105kg with a few to go before the end of September. Hoping I can maintain the strength whilst dropping the weight but will have to see.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: September 04, 2019, 12:59:26 PM »

Superb numbers there, mate. Congrats!

I've just booked in with the sports massage, as I can feel a twinge in my right bi/tricep when I try to shoulder press or rotate my arm.

Think it was caused by sleeping on it funny, as it was fine until a couple weeks ago. Going to start training again next week, and try shifting a stone or so before Xmas.

Think I'm about 230 atm, so will fire a few curries in this week, before I get on the granola and chicken pitta express Smiley

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: September 04, 2019, 10:41:05 PM »

Nice one Mr Evil.. lol thats about what i deadlift Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: September 04, 2019, 10:42:23 PM »

Probably more than I can legpress nowadays Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: September 04, 2019, 11:18:50 PM »

Cheers mate.

To be fair it's more than I deadlift or squat. Bench is my only decent lift of the main three unfortunately. Every time I try to push either deadlift or squat I end up messing my back up so I've pretty much given up on the heavy singles and just stick to 100kg or so.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: September 16, 2019, 04:50:02 PM »

Went for a PR yesterday and failed it. I had 147.5kg on the bar and it was agonisingly close to going but sadly couldn't quite complete the rep.

I dropped back down to 145kg after that and managed to hit that and it felt easier than last time which was great for the confidence. Surprising what a difference 2.5kg makes when you're at your limit. Finished off with 3 triples at 130kg which after a few heavy singles was very pleasing.

I'm away next week then starting a new programme the following week so weights will be dropped right back. Seems an interesting programme which covers 16 weeks split in to 4 blocks of 4 weeks.

You have a light, medium, heavy and testing block but then within each block you have a light, medium, heavy and testing week. The light week is still intensive and you still hit a max but it's a higher rep max than the heavier weeks. The light block is higher reps overall with the testing week being a 4RM. The testing block is much heavier and has singles for the test week. Overall it's pretty complex but when it's written down it's not too bad.

I've never tried a programme anything like this before so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I'm going to miss the heavy singles that's for sure. It's been a fun few weeks and it's hard to convey how pleased I was getting 3 plates on the bar at long last.

I've hit it 6 weeks on the trot now so mentally it's quite easy and just seems like 'the norm'. The new programme should lead to improvement but it's scary to think I'll have weeks where I don't go above 100kg. It's taken 2 years to get back to three plates so the last thing I want is to drop back and have the same struggle getting back to where I am now.

Got to mix things up to make progress so onwards and upwards....

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: September 16, 2019, 05:40:57 PM »

Some going, and hopefully after the programme get to 160 Smiley

Can't think you're ever going to lose strength on a programme which I'm presumed is designed to increase?

Good going anyway, and looking forward to seeing how you get on.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: September 16, 2019, 09:34:44 PM »

Brief update of 2019.   Hasn't been a straightforward year as i had a driving ban Feb-Aug and my grandad died in January which set me back mentally for a few months.    Been training pretty solid last two months though and during the first half of the year but not in a good routine.   Going to do a full update of weights by exercise later on to compared with this time last year.   Most are similar tbh but tonight for the first time in the 21st century i banged out 2 unspotted clean full reps with the 50kg dumbbells on flat chest so the 50kg dumbbell bench challenge has finally been met after a couple of years.   

Haven't been able to deadlift 200kg in 2019 after doing 1 rep with it late last year which is annoying but did a set of 3 with 180kg last week so feeling like i am getting close again to the magical 200kg level.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: