blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:16:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530799 times)
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: July 10, 2020, 12:47:24 PM »

I think it won't be too difficult getting sessions booked. Very few of my friends (late 20s) are keen to return. I use EveryoneActive which has an older crowd generally and I think they will all be staying away.

As my nearest gym from home is a 2.5 mile walk my tentative plan is to go only twice a week but go balls to the wall each time. I won't be showering there or using the changing rooms.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: July 10, 2020, 02:55:22 PM »

Think a lot of people will stay away to start with..only the die hard in straight away.. its another good reason for the excuse makers not to go ... i imagine it will follow similar lines as just before lockdown..limited capacity spaced out equipment etc

Pretty much my thoughts.

I was expecting town to be a lot busier on Wednesday night but it was pretty dead. Can't see a reason gyms will be much different.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: July 10, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »

I think it won't be too difficult getting sessions booked. Very few of my friends (late 20s) are keen to return. I use EveryoneActive which has an older crowd generally and I think they will all be staying away.

As my nearest gym from home is a 2.5 mile walk my tentative plan is to go only twice a week but go balls to the wall each time. I won't be showering there or using the changing rooms.

It wouldn't surprise me if showers and changing rooms were out of use anyway. Turn up in what you train in and leave as you came.

I use a low cost commercial gym £15 per month with a very mixed crowd including a lot of students. I can see day time being especially quiet with the die hards coming in after work.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: July 10, 2020, 03:30:18 PM »

August 3rd for me, so that all the first week warriors have gotten their facebook check-ins out of their system, and are plotted up back on the couch.

I can't see it being crazy so I'll be giving it a go. Possibly not on the Saturday but certainly in that first week.

It's going to be interesting to see what measures they've had to implement.

My gym isn't very big at all, and there is no real way they can do too much in the way of spacing.

I'm going to check with my PT how things go when they open up, and see what he thinks.

I usually train just after lunchtime when it's the least busy, anyway.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: July 26, 2020, 12:03:29 AM »

Anyone else make it in for day 1?

I was there for a chest session and it was interesting to say the least.

Gym itself was fine, pretty much like it was before. Obviously a few changes and the 'no spotting' rule is a pain but generally fine.

Anyway despite managing to train a reasonable amount in my garage for the last 4 months my strength level has dropped hugely.

Shortly before lockdown I managed a PB of 120kg for 8 reps..... Today...... 80kg 

I know it won't take too long to get back in to it but I still expected more than I got. Even my mate who hit 170kg for a single and 140kg for 8 was stuck at 100kg

Really enjoyed it though and can't wait to get back in to it properly.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: July 26, 2020, 01:33:49 AM »

Going to Turkey for first 2 weeks of September, but have already booked & paid for 4 sessions a week until I go.

Longest I haven't trained since I started back there a the end of 2015. Looking forward to my 3rd August weigh-in Grin

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: July 26, 2020, 03:26:12 PM »

Made it both days.   Put on 6kg of lard in 4 months per the boditrax scanner.  I literally done nothing during lockdown apart from walking for the first two months but knocked that on the head and literally done nothing for 2 months but eat and drink too much.   30 min then 40 min cardio sessions this weekend just to blow the cobwebs away.   Feel much better already.  Will restart mon/wed/fri weights splits tomorrow with 4 cardio sessions the other days to get this extra stone of lard off and get back to pre lockdown weight. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: July 26, 2020, 03:30:53 PM »

Puregym massively cut back on their opening hours 6am-10-pm week days and 10-4pm weekends which is very tight considering they are usually 247.  Whole place was spotless tbf and both days running at 1/3 of max covid capacity i was there mid afternoon so zero spacing issues at all.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: July 26, 2020, 05:39:17 PM »

Gym itself was fine, pretty much like it was before. Obviously a few changes and the 'no spotting' rule is a pain but generally fine.

Anyway despite managing to train a reasonable amount in my garage for the last 4 months my strength level has dropped hugely.

Shortly before lockdown I managed a PB of 120kg for 8 reps..... Today...... 80kg 

I know it won't take too long to get back in to it but I still expected more than I got. Even my mate who hit 170kg for a single and 140kg for 8 was stuck at 100kg

I ache... DOMS is the most annoying thing ever. Hopefully just a few days and I can banish it again.

With you on the strength, prettifying much 50-60% of everything.

Great to get back in, managed two days for about 45 mins. The gym is pretty quiet to be honest, not too sure if they will even get too busy. Normally at a weekend its rammed.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: July 26, 2020, 05:40:59 PM »

Puregym massively cut back on their opening hours 6am-10-pm week days and 10-4pm weekends which is very tight considering they are usually 247.  Whole place was spotless tbf and both days running at 1/3 of max covid capacity i was there mid afternoon so zero spacing issues at all.

Weirdly my Pure is normally 6-10, but very surprised at the lack of people. They've capped it at 100 and haven't seen above 35 on the app yet in attendance. The reduction in benches means there's been a slight wait for them but other than that really easy. Few other friends who use different gyms have said the same thing. Worrying for the gyms a little now!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: July 26, 2020, 05:52:48 PM »

Weirdly my Pure is normally 6-10, but very surprised at the lack of people. They've capped it at 100 and haven't seen above 35 on the app yet in attendance. The reduction in benches means there's been a slight wait for them but other than that really easy. Few other friends who use different gyms have said the same thing. Worrying for the gyms a little now!

They won't care people not turning up as long as they keep paying their monthly memberships.  Less work for the same money.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: July 26, 2020, 06:12:56 PM »

They won't care people not turning up as long as they keep paying their monthly memberships.  Less work for the same money.

Agreed, but having it paused for the last few months, I have the feeling people are going to cancel when they get billed again. Obviously hopes that doesn't happen for all reasons.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: July 26, 2020, 06:24:32 PM »

Think my gym got the gov support, and used the time they were shut to do some renovations and change the gym about a bit.

Mate who trains me has been up there a couple times before it opened to have a look, and said it looks really smart.

Have to book in, gym is closed for 2 hours in the afternoon to give it a clean before opening again at 4pm for the evening.

Have to sign-in and leave details, so they can obv trace it back if anyone pops up positive.

Hopefully they'll be ok, as it's a small indie job. The big gym in town has nowhere to park either, so would take me as long to get in there from parking as it would to train Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: July 26, 2020, 08:55:42 PM »

My place has actually added equipment, not taken it away....

The usual stretching area now has a load of little bars and weights as well as medicine balls, box jumps etc. The area wouldn't be big enough for the amount of kit there without social distancing never mind now.

I'm wondering if they've moved it from another area to somewhere they can keep an eye on it? Anyway not a problem for me.

They've added a smith machine and a crossover machine which is good.

Another possibility is that they've closed a gym somewhere so needed to find new homes for the kit.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: July 26, 2020, 08:57:31 PM »

I ache... DOMS is the most annoying thing ever. Hopefully just a few days and I can banish it again.

With you on the strength, prettifying much 50-60% of everything.

Great to get back in, managed two days for about 45 mins. The gym is pretty quiet to be honest, not too sure if they will even get too busy. Normally at a weekend its rammed.

Lol. My chest is killing 

How's your CNS after the break? 4 months maybe helped a bit with that side of things I would imagine?

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: