blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530765 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: May 22, 2021, 10:52:17 PM »

I started back last week, having not done any gym work since last year. Had ballooned up to 15st 13. Lost 5lb last week, stayed the same this week, though still in deficit.
Like to run as part of my cardio but too heavy for the joints so exercise bike at the mo. First session felt like dying after 5 mins..lol. Now upto 40 mins smashing it out quite comfortably. Right knee is fucked though whenever I bend down on t. Had to deadlift on virtually one leg.

Obv DOMS kicked in hard last week. Starting off slow but with increases each session until that plateaus, that will target a body part and tailor what I do. Obviously taking in account any injuries that will no doubt come up
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: May 23, 2021, 01:52:30 AM »

Out of your options i would suggest knee/elbow sleeves are more important than anything purely for injury prevention.  

Whilst I agree that protecting your knees and elbows is vital the problem with sleeves or wraps is that they allow you to lift more weight so can actually cause more problems than they prevent.

The key to elbow and knee injury prevention is avoiding max lifts and also maintaining good form. Also progressing slowly so that your tendons get a chance to develop with your muscles is vital.

It goes without saying that warming up properly is the most important aspect and also stretching adequately whilst cooling down. If you can keep your mobility on point you'll most likely never face knee or elbow issues. You might not lift as much as otherwise but at least you won't be a walking disaster....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: May 29, 2021, 06:40:30 PM »

This is my third week on the trot of only doing three sessions per week. It's just been Monday, Tuesday and Saturday as I've not felt up to training the usual 5 per week.

Anyway it's not affected my benching as I hit a couple of nice gym PRs today with a single at 150kg, couple of doubles at 140kg and then finished with 120kg for 9.

I was helped hugely by the gym allowing spotting again which I think is worth a rep at least just from the help with the lift off. The 150kg felt relatively easy so I'm confident there's a bit more to come now that we can lift off and spot.

Everything else is going pretty terrible. Can't do anything squat or DL related without hurting myself and really don't know what to do about it. Might just accept that I can't do them and stick with variations that are easier.

How's everyone else? Back in to it yet?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: May 29, 2021, 07:21:50 PM »

Only trained twice last week, as my gym seems to be selling half the equipment, and most of the best bits I use every week 

'They're getting lots more stuff' is the reason, but they've only got one big multi-exercise thing that looks like an eyesore, and I can't make out what any of the stations do.

Might have to find another gym end of June when my membership runs out, as I'm going to be pretty limited in what I can do the next month or so, unless lots of new kit turns up.

198 this morning, but I've eaten a lot of crap this week Grin

Back to 4 sessions this week, and will hopefully be someone there when I train on Monday to show me what this new monstrosity is supposed to do.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: May 29, 2021, 07:59:03 PM »

Only trained twice last week, as my gym seems to be selling half the equipment, and most of the best bits I use every week 

'They're getting lots more stuff' is the reason, but they've only got one big multi-exercise thing that looks like an eyesore, and I can't make out what any of the stations do.

Might have to find another gym end of June when my membership runs out, as I'm going to be pretty limited in what I can do the next month or so, unless lots of new kit turns up.

Back to 4 sessions this week, and will hopefully be someone there when I train on Monday to show me what this new monstrosity is supposed to do.

Sucks when they f**k with your gym doesn't it. Hopefully they'll improve it but if not you can't be scared to make the switch. There's so many gyms out there these days you really should be able to find something that works well for your needs. Might be able to find one with PTs in house as well so you always have someone there to assist you.

198 seems pretty good, weren't you up to 210+ at one stage?

I'm hovering around 230 to 235 at the moment but pretty happy at that. Carrying slightly more body fat than I'd like but nothing too excessive so I'm not going to go hungry trying to drop half a stone that I'll just put back on.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: May 29, 2021, 08:17:55 PM »

Sucks when they f**k with your gym doesn't it. Hopefully they'll improve it but if not you can't be scared to make the switch. There's so many gyms out there these days you really should be able to find something that works well for your needs. Might be able to find one with PTs in house as well so you always have someone there to assist you.

198 seems pretty good, weren't you up to 210+ at one stage?

I'm hovering around 230 to 235 at the moment but pretty happy at that. Carrying slightly more body fat than I'd like but nothing too excessive so I'm not going to go hungry trying to drop half a stone that I'll just put back on.

I'm not worried, and I've already spoken to my mate who was my PT. He said that one in Weymouth would be good for me, as it's all in one room and open plan for me to stagger around.

Got unti holidays (hopefully) to see what happens, and will see what happens when I get back. As you say, hopefully they'll replace all the kit with like for like stuff.

I was 275 when  I started back in the gym before Xmas 2015, 195 summer 2018, then back up to 230-240 last summer. I've ditched most of it just being sensible over the last lockdown, and not being too invested in being chief Haagen Daz taster in the house.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: May 29, 2021, 10:01:57 PM »

This is my third week on the trot of only doing three sessions per week. It's just been Monday, Tuesday and Saturday as I've not felt up to training the usual 5 per week.

Anyway it's not affected my benching as I hit a couple of nice gym PRs today with a single at 150kg, couple of doubles at 140kg and then finished with 120kg for 9.

I was helped hugely by the gym allowing spotting again which I think is worth a rep at least just from the help with the lift off. The 150kg felt relatively easy so I'm confident there's a bit more to come now that we can lift off and spot.

Everything else is going pretty terrible. Can't do anything squat or DL related without hurting myself and really don't know what to do about it. Might just accept that I can't do them and stick with variations that are easier.

you are a bench press machine.  If we put me and you together physically we would be dangerous.   I have all the strengths you have weakness wise!  I did a set of ten unspotted this week with 38kg dumbbells bench wise.  Was happy with that.   Seven weeks ago i couldn'tdo 28kg for ten.  I lose bench strength in lockdown more than anything.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 10:05:13 PM by arbboy » Logged
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3937 on: May 30, 2021, 12:00:23 AM »

No been to a gym for years, still buff as fuck.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: May 30, 2021, 11:25:56 AM »

My knees are fucked from years of road running and football in my teens, so I cannot do squats at all. Just lately though my knee is also painful when doing DL, which in part is adding pressure to my back.
Weight staying around 15st 7lb. Should be nearer 14st and not dropping like it should, but putting that down to natural augmentation. I hadn't lifted since last year so gonna with that.
First week back really struggled on teh bike, but now smashing an hour easily.
off to Weymouth for a couple of days next week (half term), so diet wont be as clean as it has been.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: May 30, 2021, 03:21:33 PM »

Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: May 30, 2021, 03:22:31 PM »

My knees are fucked from years of road running and football in my teens, so I cannot do squats at all. Just lately though my knee is also painful when doing DL, which in part is adding pressure to my back.
Weight staying around 15st 7lb. Should be nearer 14st and not dropping like it should, but putting that down to natural augmentation. I hadn't lifted since last year so gonna with that.
First week back really struggled on teh bike, but now smashing an hour easily.
off to Weymouth for a couple of days next week (half term), so diet wont be as clean as it has been.

I'll try to clean out the takeaways before you get here if you want Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: May 30, 2021, 07:09:17 PM »

Naturally hench. Just born lucky.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: June 01, 2021, 11:43:53 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbPqEKJ4UYY

This Scottish fella's story is amazing if true.   What a natural beast.    So raw and uptapped and pulled 400kg already.   WSM coming up real soon.  Stoltman's look in great nick in their you tube videos especially the eldest who i thought might simply be a cheer leader and training partner for his younger brother nowadays.  Shaw looks as lean as ever and highly motivated for number 5.  

https://barbend.com/2021-worlds-strongest-man-roster/

Lot of the usual suspects involved.  Felix is 55 now and broke another WR at the uk strongest man at the weekend doing 515kg silver dollar deadlift and it looked easy.  Holland's looking lean after his year off bodybuilding.  Father time might have caught up him though at the very top level.   He is there to get to the final.   We could easily have 5 or 6 Brits in the 10 man final.   UK never had more depth in history.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 12:13:03 PM by arbboy » Logged
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: June 01, 2021, 06:25:08 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbPqEKJ4UYY

This Scottish fella's story is amazing if true.   What a natural beast.    So raw and uptapped and pulled 400kg already.   WSM coming up real soon.  Stoltman's look in great nick in their you tube videos especially the eldest who i thought might simply be a cheer leader and training partner for his younger brother nowadays.  Shaw looks as lean as ever and highly motivated for number 5.  

https://barbend.com/2021-worlds-strongest-man-roster/

Lot of the usual suspects involved.  Felix is 55 now and broke another WR at the uk strongest man at the weekend doing 515kg silver dollar deadlift and it looked easy.  Holland's looking lean after his year off bodybuilding.  Father time might have caught up him though at the very top level.   He is there to get to the final.   We could easily have 5 or 6 Brits in the 10 man final.   UK never had more depth in history.

Andy Black with a couple more years of experience and technique work will be an awesome strongman. Completely raw atm.
Tom Stoltman just needs to get his head focused.
Holland defo past his best, Felix is just ridiculous what he can still lift at his age.

Shaw defo looking to slim down atm, again father time might hold him back. Personally I don't like that it's only 25 entrants again.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: June 01, 2021, 09:29:59 PM »

He pretty much pulled 405kg bar the change months ago in competition as well which is much different to doing it in the gym.  Looks totally unexposed.  Hope he is managed well and financed as he looks a total freak of nature.  Imagine walking into a gym as a 30 stone fattie and pulling 200kg first time deadlifting!   That is totally insane.  That is my modern day (post joining the betting industry in 2001) PB for one rep!
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: