blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:10:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530749 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3975 on: June 18, 2021, 11:27:29 AM »

TV companies pay the bills and in the dark ages before youtube/SM no one really knew what happened outside of the USA until xmas week.   Nowadays the results are everywhere.   Not sure what they can do about it because its impossible to show live and would make shit tv live.   Difficult one.

In personal news got the 40kg dumbells out on chest for a set of 6 unspotted today first time in 2021 since lockdown ended.   First sesson back in April i struggled to shift 24kg's.   Chest strength falls off a cliff for me with an extended break.

40kg dumbbells are no joke mate, nice work there to build back up so quickly.

Have you got anything you particularly focus on or are planning to focus on? For me it's all about bench (no great shock) so I'm basing my entire routine around that.

It was a huge eye opener to me when I trained bench 4 times per week during lockdown. I'd always been concerned about over training but it wasn't a problem at all. Accumulating masses of volume over a longer period worked absolutely brilliantly so I'm trying it again now.

Everything else will suffer of course but you can't have everything

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: June 18, 2021, 11:46:09 AM »

TV companies pay the bills and in the dark ages before youtube/SM no one really knew what happened outside of the USA until xmas week.   Nowadays the results are everywhere.   Not sure what they can do about it because its impossible to show live and would make shit tv live.   Difficult one.

In personal news got the 40kg dumbells out on chest for a set of 6 unspotted today first time in 2021 since lockdown ended.   First sesson back in April i struggled to shift 24kg's.   Chest strength falls off a cliff for me with an extended break.

40kg dumbbells are no joke mate, nice work there to build back up so quickly.

Have you got anything you particularly focus on or are planning to focus on? For me it's all about bench (no great shock) so I'm basing my entire routine around that.

It was a huge eye opener to me when I trained bench 4 times per week during lockdown. I'd always been concerned about over training but it wasn't a problem at all. Accumulating masses of volume over a longer period worked absolutely brilliantly so I'm trying it again now.

Everything else will suffer of course but you can't have everything

tbh Matt i just want 6 months + of uninterrupted training as the on/off 4 months several times with lockdown have really demotivated me.  Done well to come out the other side of the last 18 months in reasonable shape (for me).  Takes me 8-10 weeks at my age to get back to the strength levels i was close to after 3 months off and its so frustrating having to go through it multiple times because of lockdowns which are no fault of your own.   Would like to properly sort out my chest strength levels and get to a reasonable all round performance more in line with the rest of my strength levels elsewhere.   Would like to think given the size of me i would be repping 50kgs on flat bench for decent reps in a year with no more lockdowns.  Thinking of training chest twice a week alongside your angle of overtraining a priority area might not be a bad thing short/medium term.

Other focus is to get my body fat down to around 30kg of total body weight.   It peaked at just over 50kg twice in the last 3 years at my largest.  Currently sitting at 42kg (body fat % of 34%) and total lean muscle mass is at 83kg.  Sorta not really worried about my overall weight anymore tbh much more into my body fat numbers.  Current overall weight is 128kg down from a lifetime peak of 140kg in October last year.  Be nice to settle around the 115kg mark longer term withh 30kg of lard realistically.  Stopped training for one rep maxs now on deadlift and other core lifts (even though i used to love it) to get more volume in.   Not sure if i will ever pull 200kg again tbh but at least i got a video of me doing it 3 years ago.   Can't believe how easy it looked on this video looking back!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 11:49:12 AM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: June 18, 2021, 01:17:00 PM »

WSM 2021 - ARBBOY.com prices in my head.   Who would you back at these prices?  my 100% book with no margin in it.   I am not laying these prices for real cash they are my own opinion of real % chance of winning (% in brackets)

Brian Shaw — USA  2/1 (33%)
Trey Mitchell — USA  25/1 (4%)
JF Caron — Canada  12/1 (7%)
Konstantine Janashia — Georgia 10/1 (9%)
Bobby Thompson — USA 25/1 (4%)
Maxime Boudreault — Canada  20/1 (5%)
Tom Stoltman — United Kingdom  3/1 (25%)
Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — Iceland  20/1 (5%)
Adam Bishop — United Kingdom  50/1 (2%)
Luke Stoltman — United Kingdom  18/1 (5%)

Are Shaw and young Stoltman combined to win at 4/6 too big a price?   Im struggling to see how anyone else wins it barrring injury.  Should Shaw be a much shorter price than Stoltman?   Classic case of one guy on the way up and open to any amount of improvement still and Shaw potentially past his best but has lost a lot of lard this year and looked in great shape in the heats.  Shaw will never get a better chance to win his fifth WSM than this line up surely?  Bishop would be a solid ew bet to podium at 50/1 but, for me, he just isnt big enough naturally to win it outright hence he is the outsider of the field.  Luke Stoltman has improved masssively this year and is again undersized naturally but i really feel he could provide the shock if there was one.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 01:27:50 PM by arbboy » Logged
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: June 18, 2021, 02:02:03 PM »

WSM 2021 - ARBBOY.com prices in my head.   Who would you back at these prices?  my 100% book with no margin in it.   I am not laying these prices for real cash they are my own opinion of real % chance of winning (% in brackets)

Are Shaw and young Stoltman combined to win at 4/6 too big a price?   Im struggling to see how anyone else wins it barrring injury.  Should Shaw be a much shorter price than Stoltman?   Classic case of one guy on the way up and open to any amount of improvement still and Shaw potentially past his best but has lost a lot of lard this year and looked in great shape in the heats.  Shaw will never get a better chance to win his fifth WSM than this line up surely?  Bishop would be a solid ew bet to podium at 50/1 but, for me, he just isnt big enough naturally to win it outright hence he is the outsider of the field.  Luke Stoltman has improved masssively this year and is again undersized naturally but i really feel he could provide the shock if there was one.

Interesting, havent read much or seen much on the heats. A really weak line up..

Bishop has beaten Stoltman and the Brits before though right? Havent seen the events either for the final.

Shaw
Stoltman, T
Caron
Bishop
Stoltman, L

But wouldn't be surprised if Luke, Caron or Bishop placed higher.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: June 18, 2021, 04:10:27 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXXo9Q7ufiU

Big loz predictions and the 5 final events.  Max height keg toss as one of the events must be a certain Shaw/Tom Stolt 1-2 finish plus the stones as well so hard to see one of these two not winning with only 5 events.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 04:16:32 PM by arbboy » Logged
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: June 18, 2021, 04:22:55 PM »

Not much of a bencher and never stray above 100KG on my own but PT wanted to benchmark a 1RM and got up to 120KG which I was quite pleased with and went up quite easily..unfortunately 125 got stuck halfway lol.

Still continuing with engine building and pacing longer workouts.. starting to finally gain back the fitness and strength but it seems to have been a long road back..age maybe starting to become a factor Sad

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: June 18, 2021, 04:29:43 PM »

Not much of a bencher and never stray above 100KG on my own but PT wanted to benchmark a 1RM and got up to 120KG which I was quite pleased with and went up quite easily..unfortunately 125 got stuck halfway lol.

Still continuing with engine building and pacing longer workouts.. starting to finally gain back the fitness and strength but it seems to have been a long road back..age maybe starting to become a factor Sad

Doubt there are many in their 60s benching more than 4 plates, mate Wink

Get yourself on the TRT express?

My mate just getting himself on it, and he's a bit younger than me Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: June 18, 2021, 04:38:08 PM »

120kg is huge mate without actually training specifically for it. Seriously well done.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: June 18, 2021, 05:07:06 PM »

Interesting, havent read much or seen much on the heats. A really weak line up..

Bishop has beaten Stoltman and the Brits before though right? Havent seen the events either for the final.

Shaw
Stoltman, T
Caron
Bishop
Stoltman, L

Janashia should easily make the top 5, Bishop weak in some events, don't think he makes top 5. Luke Stoltman will like the final events and went better in the group of death than anyone imagined would happen.
 Between Brian and Tom for win imo.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: June 19, 2021, 05:08:56 PM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1baIZ10WrO6PSCJltb7pE8PdtVTf3whPMY_Nhbvcj3UE/htmlview?pru=AAABekkOgG8*vJ8eB_BJ1R7szj4fOphoGQ#gid=0

Handy sheet for the finals results.  Stolt's are both off to fliers in the first event.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: June 19, 2021, 06:18:43 PM »

Loool whipper snapper

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: June 19, 2021, 10:53:32 PM »

Loool whipper snapper

Juice me up, buttercup Grin

Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: June 20, 2021, 09:10:38 AM »

Fantastic first day for Tom

The last 3 events suit him as well right?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: June 20, 2021, 10:08:24 AM »

Barring injury it's all over.  Tom couldn't have dreamt of a better day 1.  Tough to see how Tom would drop 6 points against Shaw even if Shaw wins out (which he is never going to do esp on log max and deadlift and Tom will be a big fav to win the Stones as well).   No one else can possibly catch Tom barring injury as he can't drop at least 10 points in those 3 events and anyone else realistically win out to catch him  3 great events today for Luke Stoltman who has been smashing max log in training.   Love to see a Scottish double podium.   If Brian's deadlift is finished at the top level which he has struggled with relatively recently and Luke wins/2nd the max log then could we actually dream about a Scottish brothers 1-2?  Luke should be clear 3rd place after max log for me in the overall standings.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 10:32:08 AM by arbboy » Logged
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: June 20, 2021, 10:34:45 AM »

Shaw
Stoltman, T
Caron
Bishop
Stoltman, L

Janashia should easily make the top 5, Bishop weak in some events, don't think he makes top 5. Luke Stoltman will like the final events and went better in the group of death than anyone imagined would happen.
 Between Brian and Tom for win imo.

Janashia just always seems to gas out of gets injured. Unsure if he is conditioned enough, but during lockdown I have heard very little of anyones training. Assume those that have been in the gym just can't put it on social media.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: