blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530897 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3990 on: June 20, 2021, 10:35:59 AM »

Barring injury it's all over.  Tom couldn't have dreamt of a better day 1.  Tough to see how Tom would drop 6 points against Shaw even if Shaw wins out (which he is never going to do esp on log max and deadlift and Tom will be a big fav to win the Stones as well).   No one else can possibly catch Tom barring injury as he can't drop at least 10 points in those 3 events and anyone else realistically win out to catch him  3 great events today for Luke Stoltman who has been smashing max log in training.   Love to see a Scottish double podium.   If Brian's deadlift is finished at the top level which he has struggled with relatively recently and Luke wins/2nd the max log then could we actually dream about a Scottish brothers 1-2?  Luke should be clear 3rd place after max log for me in the overall standings.

Tom is strong! A really solid first day. Must be amazing as well to know you have a bank even in the stones. Would love to see a Stoltman 1/2.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: June 20, 2021, 10:49:39 AM »

WSM 2021 - ARBBOY.com prices in my head.   Who would you back at these prices?  my 100% book with no margin in it.   I am not laying these prices for real cash they are my own opinion of real % chance of winning (% in brackets)

Brian Shaw — USA  2/1 (33%)
Trey Mitchell — USA  25/1 (4%)
JF Caron — Canada  12/1 (7%)
Konstantine Janashia — Georgia 10/1 (9%)
Bobby Thompson — USA 25/1 (4%)
Maxime Boudreault — Canada  20/1 (5%)
Tom Stoltman — United Kingdom  3/1 (25%)
Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — Iceland  20/1 (5%)
Adam Bishop — United Kingdom  50/1 (2%)
Luke Stoltman — United Kingdom  18/1 (5%)

Are Shaw and young Stoltman combined to win at 4/6 too big a price?   Im struggling to see how anyone else wins it barrring injury.  Should Shaw be a much shorter price than Stoltman?   Classic case of one guy on the way up and open to any amount of improvement still and Shaw potentially past his best but has lost a lot of lard this year and looked in great shape in the heats.  Shaw will never get a better chance to win his fifth WSM than this line up surely?  Bishop would be a solid ew bet to podium at 50/1 but, for me, he just isnt big enough naturally to win it outright hence he is the outsider of the field.  Luke Stoltman has improved masssively this year and is again undersized naturally but i really feel he could provide the shock if there was one.

Interesting, havent read much or seen much on the heats. A really weak line up..

Bishop has beaten Stoltman and the Brits before though right? Havent seen the events either for the final.

Shaw
Stoltman, T
Caron
Bishop
Stoltman, L

But wouldn't be surprised if Luke, Caron or Bishop placed higher.

Janashia should easily make the top 5, Bishop weak in some events, don't think he makes top 5. Luke Stoltman will like the final events and went better in the group of death than anyone imagined would happen.
 Between Brian and Tom for win imo.

Janashia just always seems to gas out of gets injured. Unsure if he is conditioned enough, but during lockdown I have heard very little of anyones training. Assume those that have been in the gym just can't put it on social media.

Stoltman's and Shaw (and Eddie) both have their own private gyms at their house and have been showing training videos throughout lockdown on you tube.   Watching them convinced me Luke Stoltman had properly kicked on this year to a different level of professionalism across the board having previous trained part time for years whilst spending half the month on an oil rig working off shore.  Plus having a training partner full time on site with your brother and sharing the costs of setting the gym up makes a lot of business sense.  Bishop and Hollands were training together but not in anything like as professional set up as the aforementioned.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 10:51:52 AM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: June 20, 2021, 11:12:59 AM »

Shaw must be making some serious cash from SM, endorsments and his other business interests as his home gym set up is mindblowing just the sheer size of the place.  Eddies is also impressive but put into the basement of his mansion so much more space restricted albeit his recovery stuff in the garden and swimming pool is pretty impressive and all purpose built.   Stoltman's is a lot more old school, basic and spit and sawdust but kinda suits their low key image.  They also have a warehouse where they do all their event specific stuff and have invested heavily in all the gear.  Their wooden yoke they train with is huge and its no wonder tom smashed that given how light it was at worlds compared to what they have been training with at home.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: June 20, 2021, 06:47:23 PM »

Game on for the scottiish 1-2.  Luke smashing the log doing 215kg and getting the full 10 points.  Tom has a shocker and Brian doesn't do much better.   Brain might struggle to hold onto 2nd place now if his deadlift isn't top notch.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: June 20, 2021, 07:32:56 PM »

deadlift results coming in as we speak.  The stones could be a bigger sweat than we thought.   Rumours online that Tom is carrying an injury.  His scores today might back that up esp the log result
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: June 20, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »

Its going to be a straight shoot out Stones FTW around midnight uk time.  Luke probably took too much out of himself on the log and struggled deadlifting.   Very poor result for him there costing him any chance of 2nd place.   Its the big two miles clear and a big race for 3rd between the next 5!  Luke will do well to podium from here.  Good luck Stolts
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: June 20, 2021, 08:00:37 PM »

Its going to be a straight shoot out Stones FTW around midnight uk time.  Luke probably took too much out of himself on the log and struggled deadlifting.   Very poor result for him there costing him any chance of 2nd place.   Its the big two miles clear and a big race for 3rd between the next 5!  Luke will do well to podium from here.  Good luck Stolts

Ego got Luke a little there. Going for a w/r had been talked about, but never realistically happening in what was his 10th event (If he hadn't stopped front hold in the heats he woulda won the group and not needed a stone off.

Brian has to beat Tom by 2 places in the stones I believe, as Tom has 2 wins and Brian 1 in the final.

That gear they have in the warehouse has helped massively. Training vids for the medley stuff has looked good prior to the event
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: June 20, 2021, 08:17:10 PM »

Its going to be a straight shoot out Stones FTW around midnight uk time.  Luke probably took too much out of himself on the log and struggled deadlifting.   Very poor result for him there costing him any chance of 2nd place.   Its the big two miles clear and a big race for 3rd between the next 5!  Luke will do well to podium from here.  Good luck Stolts

Ego got Luke a little there. Going for a w/r had been talked about, but never realistically happening in what was his 10th event (If he hadn't stopped front hold in the heats he woulda won the group and not needed a stone off.

Brian has to beat Tom by 2 places in the stones I believe, as Tom has 2 wins and Brian 1 in the final.

That gear they have in the warehouse has helped massively. Training vids for the medley stuff has looked good prior to the event

Their warehouse is amazing.  Sounds like from their videos they got a lot of local people helping them out with expenses and the warehouse.   They thank a lot of people constantly in their videos for making their yoke and fingers and the warehouse use.    Great story.   Really hope they both podium and Tom wins.  He has zero excuses knowing 2nd in the stones is enough.  He is the greatest stone lifter ever to live.  He fucked up last year in the loading race so its time to show his bottle and mental strength and get it won lad!

Bishop as i thought just isn't big enough to operate at the top end of this level even in a relatively weak field.   He is a guy who has probably maxed his natural physical gifts though so fair play to him.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 08:19:22 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: June 20, 2021, 09:38:12 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArDpDcXH1zs

Anyone wanting to watch a 'soccer saturday' version of the climax of WSM at 1030pm tonight tune in here.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: June 20, 2021, 10:44:05 PM »

Luke had a shocker on the stones and didn't do all 5.   He won't podium now.  Don't think he will finish top 5 now very tight for the places.  Tom wins in sudden death winner takes all stone run v Shaw.  Scotland's first ever WSM.  Good weekend for the Scot's
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 10:49:10 PM by arbboy » Logged
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: June 22, 2021, 09:50:02 AM »

Can't wait to see the coverage of it!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: June 22, 2021, 01:24:05 PM »

should be an interesting watch but definitely a low grade quality wise WSM final for me.   Hopefully standard will be higher next year and Tom can be properly challenged as he will improve massively with his set up/confidence and a years more training.  Still don't think he is anywhere near his peak
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: June 25, 2021, 11:21:42 PM »

Its going to be a straight shoot out Stones FTW around midnight uk time.  Luke probably took too much out of himself on the log and struggled deadlifting.   Very poor result for him there costing him any chance of 2nd place.   Its the big two miles clear and a big race for 3rd between the next 5!  Luke will do well to podium from here.  Good luck Stolts

Their warehouse is amazing.  Sounds like from their videos they got a lot of local people helping them out with expenses and the warehouse.   They thank a lot of people constantly in their videos for making their yoke and fingers and the warehouse use.    Great story.   Really hope they both podium and Tom wins.  He has zero excuses knowing 2nd in the stones is enough.  He is the greatest stone lifter ever to live.  He fucked up last year in the loading race so its time to show his bottle and mental strength and get it won lad!

Bishop as i thought just isn't big enough to operate at the top end of this level even in a relatively weak field.   He is a guy who has probably maxed his natural physical gifts though so fair play to him.

Bishop summed up pretty well there, done as expected in the final.
I liked Loz's video's for wsm, think he's better 'live' than his edited videos. Closing in on 100k subs too, must be making way more than he ever did competing.

Tom should get 3/4 wsm titles if he stays focused.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: June 28, 2021, 10:33:55 AM »

should be an interesting watch but definitely a low grade quality wise WSM final for me.   Hopefully standard will be higher next year and Tom can be properly challenged as he will improve massively with his set up/confidence and a years more training.  Still don't think he is anywhere near his peak

There does seem a little lull now in quality, although it must be hard for everyone to train as well as they want to over the last year. With the current trend in moving on from strongman, I wonder how long he may stay in. He seems quite charismatic on camera now, and he is in the Thor bracket for size, I wonder if/when TV will come calling.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: June 28, 2021, 10:39:59 AM »

Gym update my end, very surprised to get 2x12 140kg DL last week. I am mixing volume with pauses and speed work in for squats and DL's at the minute, and it seems to have worked really well on the volume deadlifts and pretty good on squat strength. Squat volume could be worse than lunges.

Training 4x a week at the minute, relatively consistently. Up to 90 for 3x8 on bench press so quite happy to just work on technique now, I can feel my shoulder lose positioning so just want to make sure thats ironed out before I stick anymore on. Started doing pull ups with an extra 10kg, for sets of 8, but neutral grip at the minute so a little easier.

I am training with one of my housemates pretty much every time at the minute and he sits around 70kg and is catching up to me quickly, I let my ego relax by saying it's because I coach well, but I think he is relatively stronger on early everything now, luckily I can still claim absolute on most, but probably not by the end fo summer.

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: