blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530809 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: July 25, 2021, 11:31:05 PM »

Eddie blew his bicep in training.  Thor fight is off until summer 2022.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: July 26, 2021, 03:26:00 AM »

For those that aren't squeamish, there is a video of his surgery on his youtube page
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: July 26, 2021, 01:52:05 PM »

Pretty strong chance this never happens. Does anybody even care any more?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: July 26, 2021, 11:21:24 PM »

probably not.   If it doesn't happen then they have lost nearly 100kg between them and spent a fortune on stuff they never had to training for this.  Def cost thor another wsm title as well given his 501kg deadlift if he focused on that.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: July 27, 2021, 09:35:49 PM »

Not much of a bencher and never stray above 100KG on my own but PT wanted to benchmark a 1RM and got up to 120KG which I was quite pleased with and went up quite easily..unfortunately 125 got stuck halfway lol.

Still continuing with engine building and pacing longer workouts.. starting to finally gain back the fitness and strength but it seems to have been a long road back..age maybe starting to become a factor Sad

Re_Test Week

Bench now up to 130KG and seem to go up pretty well and feels theres more to come.. didnt have time today to continue as we had to get another lunatic Metcon Smiley

Seems the PT's programming is doing its job and strength is really coming on

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: July 28, 2021, 01:30:45 PM »

Not much of a bencher and never stray above 100KG on my own but PT wanted to benchmark a 1RM and got up to 120KG which I was quite pleased with and went up quite easily..unfortunately 125 got stuck halfway lol.

Still continuing with engine building and pacing longer workouts.. starting to finally gain back the fitness and strength but it seems to have been a long road back..age maybe starting to become a factor Sad

Re_Test Week

Bench now up to 130KG and seem to go up pretty well and feels theres more to come.. didnt have time today to continue as we had to get another lunatic Metcon Smiley

Getting a bit scared at this rapid progress, I may have to relinquish my bench title if things keep going as they are

I hit a huge mental block as soon as I stuck 3 plates on so that may be my saving grace Cheesy

What's your programme for bench? Like you say it really seems to be working.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: July 28, 2021, 01:58:07 PM »

Re_Test Week

Getting a bit scared at this rapid progress, I may have to relinquish my bench title if things keep going as they are

I hit a huge mental block as soon as I stuck 3 plates on so that may be my saving grace Cheesy

What's your programme for bench? Like you say it really seems to be working.

we set a 1 Rep max which was 120KG..then week one we started at 75% for 5 x5 (90KG) 2 min max rest between sets then each week moved up 5KG until we got to 110KG then retested yesterday.. went up in 2.5kg from 120 and hit 130KG..tbh i think there was more to be had.. the 130 went up pretty smooth, just run out of time as we had to get a big metcon in

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: July 28, 2021, 02:24:40 PM »

Monsters ITT!!

Deano got those t-rex arms, so he's built for bench Grin

Great work, mate. Savage progress.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: July 28, 2021, 02:55:19 PM »

we set a 1 Rep max which was 120KG..then week one we started at 75% for 5 x5 (90KG) 2 min max rest between sets then each week moved up 5KG until we got to 110KG then retested yesterday.. went up in 2.5kg from 120 and hit 130KG..tbh i think there was more to be had.. the 130 went up pretty smooth, just run out of time as we had to get a big metcon in

Nicely done.

How do you find the 5 reps at 110kg? That's pretty serious work right there.

110 for 5 equates to about 130kg using a 1RM calculator. I find this one pretty accurate for me: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bench-press-calculator

5 x 5 is a decent strength building programme but it has its limitations when you get heavier. I'm guessing this will be your first stumbling block when you restart at a higher 75% and get to needing to hit 5 at 120kg for example. At some point you'll need to be hitting triples or doubles if you want to keep pushing.

If you're already at 130kg I reckon you'll hit 140 pretty easy then slow down from there. The difference in adding a couple of kgs once you get closer to your natural limit is unbelievable.

Will be interested to keep following this. Post more regular updates please.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: July 28, 2021, 07:00:23 PM »

Monsters ITT!!

Lol little legs too makes me a good squatter Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: July 28, 2021, 07:21:39 PM »

Monsters ITT!!

Definitely Cheesy

You should get yourself signed up for some comps!

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: July 29, 2021, 02:52:45 PM »

Monsters ITT!!

Definitely Cheesy

You should get yourself signed up for some comps!

Lol ..way too old

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: July 29, 2021, 03:00:56 PM »

Nicely done.

How do you find the 5 reps at 110kg? That's pretty serious work right there.

110 for 5 equates to about 130kg using a 1RM calculator. I find this one pretty accurate for me: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bench-press-calculator

5 x 5 is a decent strength building programme but it has its limitations when you get heavier. I'm guessing this will be your first stumbling block when you restart at a higher 75% and get to needing to hit 5 at 120kg for example. At some point you'll need to be hitting triples or doubles if you want to keep pushing.

If you're already at 130kg I reckon you'll hit 140 pretty easy then slow down from there. The difference in adding a couple of kgs once you get closer to your natural limit is unbelievable.

Will be interested to keep following this. Post more regular updates please.

Thanks Matt.. the 110 went pretty well TBH.. in the build up to the max the other day i squeezed a couple at the 120 too. Not sure how we are moving forward with this as its been part of an overall strength cycle..been doing quite a lot of snatches ( which is quite a technical lift) and quite a few clean and squat clean cycles..and im sure the PT said we are moving further into a more fitness based phase ..we done an 18 minute AMRAP the other day which was 12 cal row ..10 push ups and 8 100KG deadlifts..every 3minutes 6 bar facing burpees..i went just under 9 rounds.. I done 64 of the 100kg deadlifts which seemed quite comfortable which was pleasing too ( earlier in the strength cycle I had built up to 10 X 130KG for 5 sets with 90 second rests, so that seemed to stand me in good stead.. but I like to think I may be able to up the bench  1 rep max at some point Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: August 02, 2021, 03:01:29 PM »

Bench programme's going pretty well at the moment.

125kg for 5 paused reps on Saturday followed by 10 and 8 at 100kg for my volume work.

Finished off with slingshot doubles at 140, 145 then 150 just for a single.

150 felt unbelievably heavy when I un-racked it. Hard to imagine I hit it for a single not long ago without the slingshot but then I guess that day I would've been fresh rather than at the end of a tough session.

Still not even half way through the 16 week programme yet and with a few planned weeks off coming up we're probably looking at end of October before we test the singles.

I've been dieting slightly recently so I should be a few kg lighter by then and potentially in with a shot at a 1.5x bodyweight......

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: August 23, 2021, 11:17:42 AM »

Any updates on this Dean? I'm intrigued to see how far you manage to push it?

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: