blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:41:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530718 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4200 on: May 31, 2022, 04:37:59 PM »

Bus Pull
Athletes had to pull an 18.5-ton bus down a 30-meter course in the fastest time possible.

Oleksii Novikov — 41.51 seconds
Martins Licis — 42.18 seconds
Tom Stoltman — 44.5 seconds
Brian Shaw — 44.69 seconds
Trey Mitchell — 45.72 seconds
Luke Stoltman — 47 seconds
Maxime Boudreault — 47.2 seconds
Mitchell Hooper — 49.24 seconds
Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — 51.32 seconds
Gabriel Rhéaume — 53.22 seconds

How a man that light wins that event in this field is purely insane.  Defies science.  Maybe mass doesn't move mass anymore!   For Tom  to destory a fully fit Novi and Licis is amazing.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: May 31, 2022, 04:49:08 PM »

Thought Novi had it after that truck pull but then he completely effed it on the stairs and stones.

The lightest guy in the field won the truck pull a few years ago as well. Can't remember who it was but he was tiny in comparison to the rest.

I think Licis will give Tom a good run next year. He's already said he won't be doing the Arnolds so that he can focus on worlds which will make a huge difference.

If Licis can stay injury free throughout a year of training I don't see much between the two of them really.

100% agree that Shaw needs to quit although you could say that about Mark Felix and he seems to keep going.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: June 01, 2022, 03:27:04 AM »

Awesome to see the WSM results ( I followed a lot of the live reporting stuff, obv they can't stream the events).
Most stacked final ever, only Mateusz Kieliszkowski missing due to injury. Tom didn't even go 100% on some events, he has also strengthened in all his 'weak' events.
Despite all the chat around that recording of Luke Stoltman, not a hope in hell that final was rigged.

Novikov burnt himself out in that bus pull, stone result showed that.
Shaw only does 2 events a year anyway, WSM and Shaw classic. He should probably concentrate on running more shows now.
Licis did have a slight injury going into this years event and not all events were his best.
Mitch Hooper burned out and inexperience showed. He could really challenge in a couple of years time
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: June 01, 2022, 10:08:50 AM »

https://barbend.com/2022-worlds-strongest-man-results/

Tom is a potential GOAT after going back to back.  His brother 7th.   That field was stacked and Tom won by half the track.  10.5 points clear.   That is mario distance in that field.   He could win 5 straight at his age.  Total freak.  I did think i said this 6-8 years ago on here when i first saw him when eddie hadn't made it.   World's stroongest brothers  by a mile.

Couldn't agree more, we could be seeing the start of something very special. I do think he beats a prime Thor, if not now within few years. It is genuinely immense to see and then you take into account his brother is coming top 10 too! Interesting to see what direction they take with weight. There has been an obvious increase in size, but to maintain that weight for a decade isn't easy. Thor and Eddie I think both peaked for around 2-3 years at these weights. I guess Brian did carry huge amounts of mass for a decade or two.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: June 01, 2022, 10:11:06 AM »

Shaw needs to retire now he clearly can't win a 5th.   He is close to goat status.  Needs to lose weight and focus on his family and businesses.   He has nothing to prove.   The greatest business man in strongman in history and it isn't even close.   Eddie close 2nd.  the best 7 in the world were top 7 no injury excuses this year.  Luke S thats his level at his age and natural size finishing 7th in wsm with those 6 in front of him.   He is a legend for making the freak of Tom what he is.   Retire luke run the business to fund it be toms training partner and make him the GOAT of all GOAT's.

Thats an interesting one, feel like Eddie and Thor maybe bigger in terms of worldwide fame? I guess Shaw must be pretty big in the US. Either way it feels like he definitely doesn't need the money, but I can see if he's posting good numbers in practice how hard it would be to quit. The event days must be so long and brutal it takes way more out than you think at that age. Even more so if he is doing media/youtube throughout. Agree tough if Tom is like this, unsure how he can wi unless there is a string go injuries.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: June 01, 2022, 10:13:43 AM »

Bus Pull
Athletes had to pull an 18.5-ton bus down a 30-meter course in the fastest time possible.

Oleksii Novikov — 41.51 seconds
Martins Licis — 42.18 seconds
Tom Stoltman — 44.5 seconds
Brian Shaw — 44.69 seconds
Trey Mitchell — 45.72 seconds
Luke Stoltman — 47 seconds
Maxime Boudreault — 47.2 seconds
Mitchell Hooper — 49.24 seconds
Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — 51.32 seconds
Gabriel Rhéaume — 53.22 seconds

How a man that light wins that event in this field is purely insane.  Defies science.  Maybe mass doesn't move mass anymore!   For Tom  to destory a fully fit Novi and Licis is amazing.

Kieliszkowski is another who is far lighter than the other guys and sickeningly strong. I did think he was a shoe in for WSM at some point! Nov is out of this world with his strength and he is quite fat too, so he must have a distinct lower level of muscle mass than some of the other guys but they just must work double time. I do think he will keep getting stronger for the next 5, he is a real challenger to Tom.

Licis too although he feels more injury prone?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: June 01, 2022, 10:16:06 AM »

Thought Novi had it after that truck pull but then he completely effed it on the stairs and stones.

The lightest guy in the field won the truck pull a few years ago as well. Can't remember who it was but he was tiny in comparison to the rest.

I think Licis will give Tom a good run next year. He's already said he won't be doing the Arnolds so that he can focus on worlds which will make a huge difference.

If Licis can stay injury free throughout a year of training I don't see much between the two of them really.

100% agree that Shaw needs to quit although you could say that about Mark Felix and he seems to keep going.

Felix knows he will never win, but he is setting WR every year. Surely he is thinking about the 60 mark and setting that one. He could be the biggest freak out of them all!

I still think Tom has improvements to make. The vehicle pull being one, he is so dynamic he has to get better. Maybe he doesn't get to train it as much? He is in that boat of Thor of knowing the one even thats always in it, he will just always win. He is getting the good at stones he's going to drop one at some point and still win.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: June 01, 2022, 10:42:01 AM »

https://barbend.com/2022-worlds-strongest-man-results/

Tom is a potential GOAT after going back to back.  His brother 7th.   That field was stacked and Tom won by half the track.  10.5 points clear.   That is mario distance in that field.   He could win 5 straight at his age.  Total freak.  I did think i said this 6-8 years ago on here when i first saw him when eddie hadn't made it.   World's stroongest brothers  by a mile.

Couldn't agree more, we could be seeing the start of something very special. I do think he beats a prime Thor, if not now within few years. It is genuinely immense to see and then you take into account his brother is coming top 10 too! Interesting to see what direction they take with weight. There has been an obvious increase in size, but to maintain that weight for a decade isn't easy. Thor and Eddie I think both peaked for around 2-3 years at these weights. I guess Brian did carry huge amounts of mass for a decade or two.

I thought Tom was looking pretty unhealthy to be honest. They all do of course but Tom had that body fat level almost on a par with Eddie at his chunkiest (and strongest....)

It must take a huge toll on their hearts being that heavy and combined with the steroid use/abuse you have to wonder how long he can keep it up for without dropping dead.

Eddie was smart enough to know it would kill him so got out early. Can't fault him for that one bit.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: June 01, 2022, 11:20:12 PM »

Tough day today on my 'heavy' bench day.

Rep range is 4 to 6 and my best week I've managed to peak at 135kg for 4.

Felt really good today and had visions of giving 3 plates a go but for some reason it just wanted there.

To get to 135 in reasonable jumps I go 112.5, 122.5, 130 and then 135. Anyway the 122.5 felt ridiculously tough, 130 I just about squeezed 5 reps and then took the sensible option and bailed out on the top set.

Felt really confident after Monday being a good day but I guess sometimes it's just not there.

I started a mini cut this week but I can't see that being the issue as I've only dropped about 500 calories per day and only been at it a couple of days. I trained 11am instead of my usual 4pm which is a likely factor but I've done it before and not been badly affected. Hey ho, not to worry, back at it next session.

Much better 'heavy' day this week.

120kg x 4
127.5kg x 4
135kg x 3
140kg x 2

First time I've had 3 plates on the bar without the slingshot for almost 3 months. First rep wobbled a bit but managed to recompose and hit a pretty solid second.

This was the first time I've dropped my reps as I start my heavy 4 week block and my numbers were actually as good as I hit in my testing block last run through so quite encouraging.

No tweaks or twinges which is even more encouraging so can hopefully have a run at something decent in about 8/9 weeks time.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: January 06, 2023, 04:28:19 PM »

BUMP

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: January 06, 2023, 05:32:42 PM »

The creator of this thread, Sean, has been my PT for the past two months! I've gone from zero exercise in any form for 7 years to 5/6 days a week in the gym! Loving the new lifestyle! And he's still letting me eat what I want, for now...

Currently trying to get the hang of squats...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: June 18, 2023, 11:50:44 PM »

Hi everyone, it's been a while since i've logged into Blonde. Having taken some of Stuart Rutter's action this year i fondly remembered this thread and wanted to check in on you all. Looks like a fair few of the old faces are still occasionally active which is great to see. Hope Sean is doing well, is anyone in touch with him?

For the past several years lifting has been something which has been on and off Cheesy months of consistency could be followed by months of inactivity. I never completely 'quit' nor did i ever get into a really deep flow with it either. As a result i did progress but kind of jutted along rather than consistently became stronger. I have mostly stuck with 5x5 for the main lifts and never really deviated from it too much.

It is really interesting to look back on when I first posted in this thead in August 2015 where i was a skinny thing weighing about 67kg. My current BW is 82kg which is a bit of an overshoot, think dropping the calories is a bit overdue!

Here are my current numbers (all in kg including olympic bar) - 

Squat: 70
Deadlift: 97.5
Bench: 42.5
Row: 52.5
Press: 40

Current numbers:   

Squat: 120kg
Deadlift: 140kg (1x5)
Bench: 40kg (dumbbells)
Row: 85kg
OHP: 55kg

My strengths have always been my squat and my back and i think i've got good potential to push those numbers up more. I have done 130kg squats before and if i was being really optimistic i think 100kg rows are achievable for me by the end of the year. Maybe not a full 5x5 but i think i could at least get them done a few times.

Weakness have always been shoulders and chest. Weirdly enough i tried for ages to get a good bench press. It's mental but even after hiring a PT i would literally be struggling and straining to do 1 rep of 70kg. I switched it up to dumbbells and suddenly i was making progress. I still have no idea why the bar was so impossible for me. It may be connected to pull ups which i also still cannot do. I have tried repeatedly but they are so hard and i never seem to progress with them meaningfully at all.

I am in a decent flow with lifting at the moment so i will periodically update. I want to get stronger but cutting some body fat off is also a goal for me right now as i'm probably around the early 20%. Be good to hear how the rest of you are getting on too.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: June 21, 2023, 11:11:05 AM »

Hi everyone, it's been a while since i've logged into Blonde. Having taken some of Stuart Rutter's action this year i fondly remembered this thread and wanted to check in on you all. Looks like a fair few of the old faces are still occasionally active which is great to see. Hope Sean is doing well, is anyone in touch with him?

For the past several years lifting has been something which has been on and off Cheesy months of consistency could be followed by months of inactivity. I never completely 'quit' nor did i ever get into a really deep flow with it either. As a result i did progress but kind of jutted along rather than consistently became stronger. I have mostly stuck with 5x5 for the main lifts and never really deviated from it too much.

It is really interesting to look back on when I first posted in this thead in August 2015 where i was a skinny thing weighing about 67kg. My current BW is 82kg which is a bit of an overshoot, think dropping the calories is a bit overdue!

Here are my current numbers (all in kg including olympic bar) - 

Squat: 70
Deadlift: 97.5
Bench: 42.5
Row: 52.5
Press: 40

Current numbers:   

Squat: 120kg
Deadlift: 140kg (1x5)
Bench: 40kg (dumbbells)
Row: 85kg
OHP: 55kg

My strengths have always been my squat and my back and i think i've got good potential to push those numbers up more. I have done 130kg squats before and if i was being really optimistic i think 100kg rows are achievable for me by the end of the year. Maybe not a full 5x5 but i think i could at least get them done a few times.

Weakness have always been shoulders and chest. Weirdly enough i tried for ages to get a good bench press. It's mental but even after hiring a PT i would literally be struggling and straining to do 1 rep of 70kg. I switched it up to dumbbells and suddenly i was making progress. I still have no idea why the bar was so impossible for me. It may be connected to pull ups which i also still cannot do. I have tried repeatedly but they are so hard and i never seem to progress with them meaningfully at all.

I am in a decent flow with lifting at the moment so i will periodically update. I want to get stronger but cutting some body fat off is also a goal for me right now as i'm probably around the early 20%. Be good to hear how the rest of you are getting on too.

That's some really good numbers now, even more at that BW. Cutting is always a tough one because you have to do a lot of effort for what seems minimal results to start with. Even more so when you haven't for a while and are getting stronger. Really solid numbers especially over the last few years with everything thats been going on! Great to see.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: June 21, 2023, 11:11:47 AM »

The creator of this thread, Sean, has been my PT for the past two months! I've gone from zero exercise in any form for 7 years to 5/6 days a week in the gym! Loving the new lifestyle! And he's still letting me eat what I want, for now...

Currently trying to get the hang of squats...

Completely missed this, are you guys still doing it? Any updates?

Haven't heard from Sean and Matt in a while, hope both are doing well!?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: June 21, 2023, 11:17:43 AM »

Quick update my end:

Squat- 140 3x3
DL- 200x3
Bench-  DB 46 3x8
OAR- 50k 3x12
Pull up- 20kg 3x5
OHP- 3x6 65kg
C&P 5x5 80kg

BW 90-92kg

I am officially stronger than I am pre hemorrhage which really is insane considering I was paralysed for 5 days. I never thought I would get back to this. The DL nearly made me cry and if I am honest I think I had more. I think I will do them for 6 by the end of th year. Previous best was 200 for 1 at 80kg.

Started to do some clean and presses as I really want 100kg over my head and unsure if I can ever strict press that.

Strength wise it's bizarre how strong I have got, and the start of the year I was doing a lot of conditioning too which only helped.

Training 3-4 a week max now because of life and recovery but getting it done.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: