blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 08:56:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272959 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "The Online games are not fair anymore"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Online games are not fair anymore"  (Read 50252 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2015, 05:02:12 PM »

Is it possible they can somehow use this software for dating websites? So a young inexperienced guy can register and instantly be bombarded with hot experienced girls? I think that's where the money's at.

Hot experienced girls want to date good looking studs with fast cars and lots of money.  Not spotty young inexperienced boys.  In my 25 years of experience in the field!

The young spotty guy here is just another reg who no one is demanding to play.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »

arrboy, you should start your own dating cartel.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2015, 05:07:11 PM »

arrboy, you should start your own dating cartel.

Too old for the game nowadays.  Had my time.  I will leave it to the HUD users. 
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2015, 05:16:16 PM »

you would be more likely to face 2 regs [if we define spinwiz users as 'regs'] than you would be if the software didnt exist, yes.

that isnt the case below $30's or above $60's

[they are 3max btw]

Just fired up a $1 spin and go to test this out.

Got smashed up by two HUD using cheats!!!

Never playing again!!!   

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2015, 06:54:54 PM »

you would be more likely to face 2 regs [if we define spinwiz users as 'regs'] than you would be if the software didnt exist, yes.

that isnt the case below $30's or above $60's

[they are 3max btw]

Just fired up a $1 spin and go to test this out.

Got smashed up by two HUD using cheats!!!

Never playing again!!!   

Fool you once,  shame on us.... fool you twice,  shame on you :-D

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2015, 07:23:50 PM »

Played a $30 spin and go the other day.  Must have been 2 regs that joined me.  Won $180.  Rubbing it on my titties right now.

Unlikely to play another.  Thank goodness the hyper O8s aren't like this.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2015, 07:28:00 PM »

Played a $30 spin and go the other day.  Must have been 2 regs that joined me.  Won $180.  Rubbing it on my titties right now.

Unlikely to play another.  Thank goodness the hyper O8s aren't like this.

Cheesy

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 26, 2015, 09:06:18 AM »

As of now spin wiz is banned.

https://www.pokerstars.com/assets/common/downloads/tpt-reference-guide.pdf

New rules on 3rd party software...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 26, 2015, 09:25:02 AM »

As of now spin wiz is banned.

https://www.pokerstars.com/assets/common/downloads/tpt-reference-guide.pdf

New rules on 3rd party software...

Blimey.

There is considerable discussion in there as to changes in rules as to HUD's. Are these, in your opinion, meaningful changes?

More widely, will they be able to enforce all these new third party software restrictions?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 26, 2015, 09:43:41 AM »

They shouldn't be meaningful to 99% of hud users as most use non dynamic Huds. Most Hud users are losing players I'd wager, stars probably don't want to affect recreational players who enjoy using them. They certainly won't affect my hud. Might be different for cash regs, I'm not familiar with their Huds. Notecaddy is widely used and a lot of its functionality is now affected I believe. Not sure though

The rules on charts are going to affect many regs, especially sng regs and people in coaching stables (I fall into both camps).

They are easily circumvented by using a tablet or 2nd laptop, but I'd imagine stars can and will monitor people who have consistently precise frequencies or share frequencies with other players. It'd be incredibly risky to attempt to dodge those rules, but high stakes 6max and husng regs especially will have great incentive to do so. They also have the most to lose.

Interesting times.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:50:51 AM by teddybloat » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 26, 2015, 09:51:38 AM »

They shouldn't be meaningful to 99% of hud users as most use non dynamic Huds. Most Hud users are losing players I'd wager, stars probably don't want to affect recreational players who enjoy using them. They certainly won't affect my hud. Might be different for cash regs, I'm not familiar with their Huds. Notecaddy is widely used and a lot of its functionality is now affected I believe. Not sure though

The rules on charts are going to affect many regs, especially sng regs and people in coaching stables (I fall into both camps).

They are easily circumvented by using a tablet or 2nd laptop, but I'd imagine stars can and will monitor people who have consistently precise frequencies or share frequencies with other players. It'd be incredibly risky to attempt to dodge those rules, but high stakes 6max and husng regs especially will have great incentive to do so. They also have the most to lose.

Interesting times.

Why do you think they have made these changes?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 26, 2015, 10:02:49 AM »

Some such as spinwiz to reduce the efficiency of regs.

Much of the software stuff was needed. Datamining, screenscaping scripts that automate decision making, Huds labelling players and  interpreting data for the user go too far.

Protecting the image of the game is important too.

I'm fully behind these changes. Some regs are bitterly unhappy though.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2015, 10:49:41 AM »

just out

"partypoker plan to level the playing field for ALL players

During the next few weeks partypoker will go another step further with its Poker for the People campaign making improvements to our poker offering to level the playing field for all our poker players.

The ongoing development of sophisticated third party online poker tracking software such as HUDs, seating scripts and the sharing of hand history databases can impact new players and the recreational community who do not have this access.

We are committed to providing fair and ethical poker products to all our players and therefore during the coming weeks the following improvements to the software will be introduced:
1. Players will be able to view the last 12 months of their own hand histories within the Missions icon in the partypoker software however hand histories will no longer be able to be downloaded and saved to local devices
2. Players wishing to wait for a cash game will join the room-wide waiting list and be randomly seated when a seat that matches their preference becomes available
3. Players joining a cash game will see the names of their opponents only once their first hand is dealt

We will continue working with our poker community to develop a mutually beneficial, trusting relationship between partypoker and our players and we believe the changes will preserve the quality of our games. "

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2015, 11:51:22 AM »

GG party. Huds were never the problem, they won't get any more players from this and they'll lose most of their regs. Such a shame.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2015, 12:24:08 PM »

GG party. Huds were never the problem, they won't get any more players from this and they'll lose most of their regs. Such a shame.

I think their traffic & results will - in the longer term - improve. There are an awful lot of recreational players out there, &, rightly or wrongly, they'll love this. Party clearly recognize this, & they can see the stats that we can't.

Every site, to a greater or lesser degree, is now embracing this concept.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: