blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 02:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272978 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "The Online games are not fair anymore"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Online games are not fair anymore"  (Read 50265 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 01, 2015, 12:53:21 PM »

GG party. Huds were never the problem, they won't get any more players from this and they'll lose most of their regs. Such a shame.

I think their traffic & results will - in the longer term - improve. There are an awful lot of recreational players out there, &, rightly or wrongly, they'll love this. Party clearly recognize this, & they can see the stats that we can't.

Every site, to a greater or lesser degree, is now embracing this concept.

except stars. Cash game volume on party is already heavily reg based, and this ban will move them to different sites, and the games will die very quickly. The answer was anonymous tables, why that wasn't listened to is beyond me, it keeps everyone happy. Sky already has this ban, and while it does ok, I imagine doesnt have the volume stars do. I mean, as far as I'm aware, sky basically has a monopoly over the crowd who don't like HUDs, and it's player base isn't big enough (as far as I know) to start sharing with other sites.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 01, 2015, 12:54:52 PM »

Lol just logged on to party, and there are 2 games of 50nl running. How is this not gg party? See you on a different site.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 01, 2015, 12:58:29 PM »

Lol just logged on to party, and there are 2 games of 50nl running. How is this not gg party? See you on a different site.

I think your sample size might need to be a tad larger, as I wrote earlier

".....I think their traffic & results will - in the longer term - improve......"

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 01, 2015, 01:01:31 PM »

The traffic on party had been falling off a cliff anyway.  Surely it is better to try something than just wait to fail like many other big sites of the past did?  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 01, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »

But why, why, why not try anonymous tables instead? What possible disadvantage to that idea is there over this one?

FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: October 01, 2015, 01:03:34 PM »

However there are 14 100nl tables, 16 200nl tables and 9 400nl tables running and its only midday. Hardly gg imo
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 01, 2015, 01:04:12 PM »

Have party stopped the bots yet? This would be a pretty big disadvantage to anon tables

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 01, 2015, 01:08:18 PM »

Loving this!!!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 01, 2015, 01:12:13 PM »

its quite interesting

the pp community thing on facebook is overwelmingly positive

the dtd community thing on facebook is overwhelmingly negative

two slightly different groups of players, with some overlap obviously

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 01, 2015, 01:19:46 PM »

However there are 14 100nl tables, 16 200nl tables and 9 400nl tables running and its only midday. Hardly gg imo

9 tables of 200nl running. PP count tables with 1 player sat on them as active in the lobby thing. 15 man wait lists seem pretty good for the game lol. Points 2 and 3 could be interesting but players always manage a work around.

Weird how much NLHE is running compared to PLO.

Also GG tournaments Sad

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: October 01, 2015, 01:33:38 PM »

1. Players will be able to view the last 12 months of their own hand histories within the Missions icon in the partypoker software however hand histories will no longer be able to be downloaded and saved to local devices allowing our recreational players to not be able to learn about and analyse their own games. Don't worry though those who consider themselves regs will easily be able to access their hand histories and draw them down into their database..... solid.

Fixed point 1
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: October 01, 2015, 01:51:58 PM »

Does Party software already have an in-client hand history viewer?
MelissaChloe

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 01, 2015, 02:31:12 PM »

This doesn't greatly affect me personally, but I do think it is a poor business decision from party.

The extra traffic that they will gain from the few recreational and live players out there playing an extra two times a week will be minimal and most likely temporary. The loss from the regs who were playing every day and decide to leave will be far greater and permanent.

The sad thing is that party didn't really need to do anything about HUDs. It is already an incredibly soft site and if numbers are falling, it won't be because games are tough and it won't be because of HUDs - the games are more than easily beatable without them.

It's a shame, but I think their volume will take a drastic hit, both tournaments and cash games.

Twitter: MelissaChloe_xo
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 01, 2015, 02:33:18 PM »

woke up to somebody writing to me on Facebook saying

"Apparently you are going to be publically endorsing PP's HUD decision?"

this is not true. i don't really care either way. i personally will be playing 0 tournaments there moving forward I guess though.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: October 01, 2015, 03:08:12 PM »

People will find a work-around. They always do...

Lowering rake significantly would have been a more genuine shot at improving the ecosystem.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: