blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:49:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 403006 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: January 31, 2017, 12:30:03 AM »

Haha will take that! What will Hudders give us, 20%? which is 4-5k tickets?

Only been there once before, a Friday night game way back when, the Goat (who else?!) got us an 85th min equaliser for a 1-1 result (IIRC, think I was 10 ish at the time so a good 20 years ago).

Shall be making the short hop from York if I can get a ticket.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 31, 2017, 01:02:26 AM »

Remember when City scored 10 v Huddersfield?  will get around 7k i reckon, trying to get Bro to meet us there from Acomb but he is trying to swerve a family do in Manchester, i have 3 tickets lined up just waiting for dates just dont fancy the Friday night game.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 31, 2017, 08:48:28 AM »

Showing your age Flush, the 10-1 was nearly 30 years ago in 87/88 season and hhy was probably still in nappies…   2 months later we played them again at Maine Rd in a cup replay and it was 0-0 after extra time LOL.  I went to the first game at their place (but not the 2nd replay) and that was mental with a late equaliser and funny sight of a crutch being thrown on the pitch.

Next round was Blackpool away and a great weekend. Someone on BM posted this brilliant clip the other day of the last minute equaliser. Love the scrambled goal and the mad celebration. So much different then to the sanitised football of today.

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 31, 2017, 09:32:59 PM »

I was a young Governor back in the day with my old mucker Donald Francis. 3pm Ko Saturday 18th

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 02, 2017, 09:01:14 AM »

I was a young Governor back in the day with my old mucker Donald Francis. 3pm Ko Saturday 18th

A colourful past then Smiley
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 02, 2017, 09:14:23 AM »

Excellent last night and 3 top performances on the bounce after the Everton debacle.

Like a new team with Jesus making such a quick impact and Sane looking scary now he has settled. Sterling causing so many problems as well.

Great results as well this week for CL qualification and 2nd-5th so tight again.

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 02, 2017, 12:53:34 PM »

Top 4 >> finishing 6th >> finishing 5th right? Should be very tight for top 4 this season. Think united are pretty much a lock for 6th which actually works out pretty well for them!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 02, 2017, 12:57:12 PM »

Excellent last night and 3 top performances on the bounce after the Everton debacle.

Like a new team with Jesus making such a quick impact and Sane looking scary now he has settled. Sterling causing so many problems as well.

Great results as well this week for CL qualification and 2nd-5th so tight again.

Yeah but we only won cos its a big pitch, innit Hoddle?

Had to check my drink hadn't been spiked when I saw a ref give a penalty for a foul on Sterling. Great team performance last night, we are frightfully good going forward when it clicks with Jesus/Sterling/Sane, with KDB and Silva in behind. That pace, mobility and agility of the front 3 is a sight to behold.

I'm not a religious person but Jesus does indeed save.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 02, 2017, 12:58:52 PM »

Top 4 >> finishing 6th >> finishing 5th right? Should be very tight for top 4 this season. Think united are pretty much a lock for 6th which actually works out pretty well for them!

Top 4>tanking to outside of the top 6> finishing 5th or 6th.  Surely this type of tanking is going to become reality if there is a club in 7th that you could actually tank against and reach?  The last few years have shown how important scheduling and rest is to winning the league.  Taking a step backwards short term for this advantage longer term seems to be the way to go.  Wondering if this wasn't part of the Chelski master plan last season tbh. 
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 02, 2017, 07:52:10 PM »

Not "should", it IS very tight! Despite some  strange results in the last week or so the top 6 still remain more dominant than any previous season. No side has higher than United's tally in 6th place at this stage in PL history. Likewise with City in 5th.  Hope you are right about United but still too close to call  for me with just a 4 point gap.

If they were to finish 6th, it is still unlikely they'd miss out on EL qualification.  They'd have to lose in the league cup final and also a non top 4 team would have to win the cup. Still a chance for them to win EL this year as well - see they're favourites at 4/1.

It would be a kick in the teeth if City don't make top 4 but I'm very bullish they will.  They've looked superb at different stages in the last 3 games - Sane and Jesus have been a revelation and for the first time for ages we are injury free (Gundogan aside) and suspension free. Add to that the ongoing Pep effect iand it is difficult not to feel optimistic. At the end of the day tho 2 "top" managers are not going to make it.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: February 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM »

Top 4>tanking to outside of the top 6> finishing 5th or 6th.  Surely this type of tanking is going to become reality if there is a club in 7th that you could actually tank against and reach?  The last few years have shown how important scheduling and rest is to winning the league.  Taking a step backwards short term for this advantage longer term seems to be the way to go.  Wondering if this wasn't part of the Chelski master plan last season tbh. 

If there is a chance of top 4 in the league all teams will obv go for it because of the £££ and the usual footballing reasons but, yep, if no chance of top 4 being out of Europe is a huge advantage. It is not just the rest and recovery, the likes of Conte and Klopp now have far more time to do what they do best and that is coach and prepare. For that reason alone I'd be really staggered if Liverpool didn't make top 4 and Chelsea look unstopable for the title.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 02, 2017, 08:11:02 PM »

No mention of Bravo's benching yet. Just giving him a rest and taking out of the firing line for a week or legit going with Big Willy from now on?

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: February 02, 2017, 08:13:52 PM »

Yeah but we only won cos its a big pitch, innit Hoddle?

Had to check my drink hadn't been spiked when I saw a ref give a penalty for a foul on Sterling. Great team performance last night, we are frightfully good going forward when it clicks with Jesus/Sterling/Sane, with KDB and Silva in behind. That pace, mobility and agility of the front 3 is a sight to behold.

I'm not a religious person but Jesus does indeed save.

I regularly swear at the TV when Hoddle is co-commentator. He certainly doesn't like Manchester City and particularly any praise for  Raheem Sterling is through clenched teeth.  Hargreaves is generally more balanced (pro City Smiley) but I get pissed off with his repeated use of " he is an exceptional player" etc. Periscope is the future..

It's hard not to get a little giddy about it at the moment. Until the next bad result that is..
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 02, 2017, 08:19:07 PM »

No mention of Bravo's benching yet. Just giving him a rest and taking out of the firing line for a week or legit going with Big Willy from now on?

Don't know the answer to that yet - Pep was asked in the post match presser but he wasn't really forthcoming at all.  I just hope that Willy does enough to make the decision for him.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: February 02, 2017, 11:41:27 PM »

Any mention of Aguero's benching?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: