blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 400026 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: February 26, 2017, 10:27:52 AM »

Things have changed so much from the days of Maine Rd and in football generally.

Latest thing at City is the Tunnel Club which is being built at the moment - corporate punters can pay for a close up of players going on to the pitch. Spurs are also  doing the same thing in their new stadium.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sport/video-1374681/Man-City-s-glass-tunnel-fans-close-players.html

Next the players will be entering the stadium to a fanfare on a catwalk. I've only just seen this from the Monaco game but seriously, wtf?

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 05, 2017, 04:42:14 PM »

First game for a while today for me. Im just praying you batter us 6-0 so i can get some enjoyment from it!!
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 05, 2017, 10:31:02 PM »

First game for a while today for me. Im just praying you batter us 6-0 so i can get some enjoyment from it!!

Smiley Smiley

Unfortunately it was energy saving, 2nd gear and game management mode for the last 25 minutes or so.  Sunderland obviously very close a few times and that would have made things fun and different. Also, I might have said this before, Sunderland fans are  City's favourites going by the general concensus on the main forum.

Some of the incidental stuff has been interesting to me  from a City perspective:

-City were at 1.29 for the win on 365 - the shortest we've been in a league game away from home for 5 years

-1st time in City's history we have gone 5 away games on the bounce without letting a goal in

-Silva ran more than any other player on the pitch today and Aguero had the highest number of sprints

-Sterling not up to his recent high standards today but he has now gone joint top (with Neymar) in Europe (top leagues) for number of assists this year - 19 in all comps.

-David Silva did a post-match interview in English

-KDB is pretty sound- just seen a great video of him walking over to a disabled Sunderland fan after the game to give him his shirt.

See we've now shortened to 1.13 for a top 4 place. I'm liking the gap of 5 points to 5th place which is a bit of an insurance ahead of next 4 games in the league - Stoke (h), Liverpool (h) Arsenal (a) Chelsea (a). 

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 08, 2017, 12:26:25 PM »

Middlesbrough in the cup

Manchester City come into this game having played two Premier League games in a week and ahead of the Champions league trip to Monaco, which points to some rotation.

That said in the last round,in both the first game and the replay against Huddersfield, they played a strong team

With Jesus injured options to rotate up front are limited anyway but playing Aguero 3 games in seven days on the spin would be rare?

Any thoughts as to a possible team we will see at Middlesbrough please?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 08, 2017, 12:49:50 PM »

How long has he been here? I'd guess at 4/5 years and only now he's capable of this?
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 08, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »

Middlesbrough in the cup

Manchester City come into this game having played two Premier League games in a week and ahead of the Champions league trip to Monaco, which points to some rotation.

That said in the last round,in both the first game and the replay against Huddersfield, they played a strong team

With Jesus injured options to rotate up front are limited anyway but playing Aguero 3 games in seven days on the spin would be rare?

The team for Huddersfield away was substantially weaker than the full strength one that started in a league game against Bournemouth a few days earlier. In fact the front 6 all changed. The team that started in the replay was stronger with rests only for Yaya and Silva. KDB had his rest at the weekend just gone.

I suspect he will go fairly strong at Boro - stronger than Huddersfield 1st game - but the priority obviously will be Monaco. Impossible to predict with Guardiola tho - we've only just discovered the 1st choice 12 or 13.

2nd half of last season Aguero played nearly  all games and was mainly on a 2 game a week schedule but often came off late on. He was only fully rested twice and both cases were directly before a CL knock-out game. Interesting - I don't know  what to expect!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:31:36 PM by Archer » Logged
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 08, 2017, 03:30:35 PM »

How long has he been here? I'd guess at 4/5 years and only now he's capable of this?

His English is fine but rarely heard. Post-match interviews for him are very rare as well - he normally avoids doing anything with the media, he openly says he can't stand it,  and wants to be totally out of the limelight.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 08, 2017, 10:02:19 PM »

5 games in 14 days, think we will see a string team with the magician and Razz both playing CB in goal kompany may be fit but not sure he will start, Jesus may be back sooner than we think.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 11, 2017, 11:49:10 PM »

Middlesbrough in the cup

Going out on a limb but I think we'll be pretty much full strength for Boro.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 15, 2017, 03:59:35 PM »

So City have extended the club record sequence to 6 away games without conceding a goal. Somehow I think that run  will end tonight Smiley

The excitement/nerves have kicked in and hope we are in for a good result and another treat like the 1st game.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 16, 2017, 07:37:32 AM »

The joys of football.

1st so ridiculously poor and incomprehensible because with the odd exception we have been playing so well for a couple of months.
2nd half in control and so much better -  poor defending for the 3rd goal and poor finishing aside Smiley

Along with Spurs,  Liverpool and Arsenal at least no distraction with European football now in the battle to secure top 4 so we can do the same thing again next year.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 16, 2017, 11:29:33 AM »

he has a point doesn't he? leaders in short supply ( a couple of them are injured of course)

'Manchester City have no commander... their defending was pathetic!' Rio Ferdinand blasts Pep Guardiola's side http://dailym.ai/2mLLKMh

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 16, 2017, 01:35:14 PM »

he has a point doesn't he? leaders in short supply ( a couple of them are injured of course)

'Manchester City have no commander... their defending was pathetic!' Rio Ferdinand blasts Pep Guardiola's side http://dailym.ai/2mLLKMh

Not sure what point he's trying to make? If its 'they conceded a couple of poor goals on the night to bow' out then yes, if its just a general comment on our defending then no, certainly not from the last few months.

As for the commander thing, well as you say our commander in chief is out injured so its an odd thing for him to point out, but then Ferdinand isn't the sharpest knife in the draw.

Better to take anything Wio says about us with a massive bag of salt.

Least we can focus on the league now as Archer says, these Euro distractions can get pretty boring Wink

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 16, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »

by the by i happened to be sitting right in front of the TV box at the KP on tuesday, had to change my normal seat so as to get three seats together with my lads

Anyway i turned round mid first half to see Rio guzzling a singha beer from the bottle, gerrard completely uninterested texting and of course MON and Lineker somewhat more engaged in proceedings

Turned round when we scored second half, Lineker is celebrating, Rio is on his fourth (that i could see, a few empties in front of him) singha beer!

made the occasional punditry incoherence make more sense!

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 16, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »

by the by i happened to be sitting right in front of the TV box at the KP on tuesday, had to change my normal seat so as to get three seats together with my lads

Anyway i turned round mid first half to see Rio guzzling a singha beer from the bottle, gerrard completely uninterested texting and of course MON and Lineker somewhat more engaged in proceedings

Turned round when we scored second half, Lineker is celebrating, Rio is on his fourth (that i could see, a few empties in front of him) singha beer!

made the occasional punditry incoherence make more sense!

It still astounds me that he's a pundit. When it was announced that Gary Neville was to work for Sky, I thought 'here we go', but he's articulate and objective, his fierce loyalty to united in his playing career hasn't clouded his punditry musings. He's able to differentiate between his playing days and his (not particularly) new role on the panel.

Ferdinand is thick as pigshit and patently hates City, but he can't put this to one side whenever he's sat in a studio or writing some garbage in a paper. You can add Scholes to the mix too. Didn't give an interview for 20 years then suddenly can't wait to be sat in a box at Eastlands or Anfield boring everyone to tears with his not so subtle digs and clear united bias.

I digress Smiley

Well done for Tuesday btw, must still be floating! Any preference for the draw tomorrow? Some great potential trips on the cards. Who'd have thought that 2 years ago when you were staring relegation in the face that fast forward 24 months and not only have you won the Prem but you're also the only English team remaining in the Champs league! Incred scenes.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: