blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402165 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: February 05, 2017, 02:40:36 PM »

do you think Aguero will leave this summer?

what is the source of the suggested beef between he and Pep?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 06, 2017, 11:51:42 PM »

Don't think there is a cats chance in hell Aguero leaves anytime soon. I saw some comments earlier today that were attributed to him about 'happy to stay but its the clubs decision' etc, really don't think there is anything in it. After being the main man for the last half a decade he might be feeling slightly put out by the emphatic start from Jesus, personally I'm looking forward to Pep unleashing both of them together.

Weird game yesterday. First half was the most dominant 45 minutes of football I've ever had the pleasure to witness at Eastlands. To say Swansea couldn't get out of their own half, or even touch the ball for more than a few seconds, wouldn't be an exaggeration. We didn't pepper their goal with shots though despite numerous good build ups and promising attacks (story of the season!)

Within 3 minutes of the 2nd half you could tell we'd taken the foot off the gas and Swansea we're certainly showing more purpose and adventure. Felt inevitable that they would get a chance to score and ultimately take it so we really needed that 2nd goal. I have a feeling that won't be the last time Jesus saves our bacon and he's taken to the English game like a duck to water which is great to see.

It's very tight at the top (less Chelsea) and bottom. We play Bournemouth and Sunderland next, but they are followed by games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, with the postponed game vs united needing dropping in the schedule somewhere. If we can come out the other end of that run of fixtures relatively unscathed then we should solidify a place in the top 4 heading towards the business end of the season. Also the small matter of a 2 legged tie vs the top team in France....

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 07, 2017, 01:49:29 AM »

I take that back about Aguero. Stan Collymore has shown me the situation in a much clearer light and I thank him for his articulate insight.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pep-guardiola-decided-sergio-agueros-9768423

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 07, 2017, 03:42:32 AM »

Don't think there is a cats chance in hell Aguero leaves anytime soon. I saw some comments earlier today that were attributed to him about 'happy to stay but its the clubs decision' etc, really don't think there is anything in it. After being the main man for the last half a decade he might be feeling slightly put out by the emphatic start from Jesus, personally I'm looking forward to Pep unleashing both of them together.

Weird game yesterday. First half was the most dominant 45 minutes of football I've ever had the pleasure to witness at Eastlands. To say Swansea couldn't get out of their own half, or even touch the ball for more than a few seconds, wouldn't be an exaggeration. We didn't pepper their goal with shots though despite numerous good build ups and promising attacks (story of the season!)

Within 3 minutes of the 2nd half you could tell we'd taken the foot off the gas and Swansea we're certainly showing more purpose and adventure. Felt inevitable that they would get a chance to score and ultimately take it so we really needed that 2nd goal. I have a feeling that won't be the last time Jesus saves our bacon and he's taken to the English game like a duck to water which is great to see.

It's very tight at the top (less Chelsea) and bottom. We play Bournemouth and Sunderland next, but they are followed by games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, with the postponed game vs united needing dropping in the schedule somewhere. If we can come out the other end of that run of fixtures relatively unscathed then we should solidify a place in the top 4 heading towards the business end of the season. Also the small matter of a 2 legged tie vs the top team in France....

hhy,  fascinating and essential listening about Aguero on the CityWatch podcast. Sam Lee is on it - a City fan and journalist. Aguero made the comments to him  in the mixed zone after the game and you get the full background and context. The section on Aguero starts at about 45mins in and Sam Lee is on from about 49 minutes. 

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/category/podcast/   Weekend Review E20
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: February 07, 2017, 08:36:33 PM »

hhy,  fascinating and essential listening about Aguero on the CityWatch podcast. Sam Lee is on it - a City fan and journalist. Aguero made the comments to him  in the mixed zone after the game and you get the full background and context. The section on Aguero starts at about 45mins in and Sam Lee is on from about 49 minutes. 

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/category/podcast/   Weekend Review E20

Appreciate it Archer, but Stan Collymore has already outlined the situation and I'm happy to take his fantastic journalism as gospel.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: February 14, 2017, 01:06:03 AM »

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/15089878.AFC_Bournemouth__Arter_expresses_huge_respect_for_Guardiola_after_City_manager_s__unbelievable_touch__/?ref=twtrec

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 14, 2017, 08:43:57 AM »

Subtle Smiley

Arter: "For me, he is the best manager in the world. I don’t think there’s anybody close to him and what he has achieved"
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: February 14, 2017, 09:09:16 AM »

Just 2 words about the game last night: David Silva

A footballer for Valentines Day - I love the guy.

I agree with Jack Pitt-Brooke from the Independent

Click to see full-size image.
commercial photography locations

And Caley:

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 18, 2017, 07:30:45 PM »

Unable to get tickets for the trip to Huddersfield, only have us the FA Rule of 15%. Bravo had a good game so I believe, lots of trouble in a few boozers pre match. Off to the Ethiad with both Boys on Tuesday, £12.50 for kids which is great value for a CL game.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 19, 2017, 10:58:29 PM »

In the big scheme of things, not a bad result yesterday and I enjoy games like that in a strange sort of way and happy I'll get to see a home game in the replay. Wonder or wonders with Bravo who did have a good game. Presumably Willie C will be back midwek.

If we win the replay, it is 7 away draws on the trot now in the FAC  and 6 of them against PL teams.  I would have preferred anyone at home other  than Boro away but can't complain.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: February 20, 2017, 01:58:48 AM »

Put me down for a parmo (if we beat Huddersfield)

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 21, 2017, 10:10:24 AM »

Question for Man City fans.

What is this young lady's connection with Manchester City? (Tighty & maybe Doobs will know).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 21, 2017, 12:40:26 PM »

Amanda Staveley

Acted for Sheik Mansour in City takeover and, amongst other things, the high profile purchase of the Barclays shares during the financial crisis. Sheik Mansour supposedly made more with the profit from the Barclays deal alone than the entire investment in City.

Are you reading about Staveley in one of your business books?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 21, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »

Amanda Staveley

Acted for Sheik Mansour in City takeover and, amongst other things, the high profile purchase of the Barclays shares during the financial crisis. Sheik Mansour supposedly made more with the profit from the Barclays deal alone than the entire investment in City.

Are you reading about Staveley in one of your business books?

Is correct.

Can barely believe I suggested Tighty & Doobs would know, & plum forgot about you.

And yes, Sheikh Mansour made £2.5 billion in 2 years in the Barclays affair, whilst I believe he only paid £200 million for Man City, which, with hindsight, seems a steal.  He then spent several hundred milly more on "upgrading" on Man C, but he's still well in profit.

Correct again - I became aware of Amanda Staveley from 2 excellent books I'm currently reading on the Banking crisis back in 2008.

It seems that the investment in Barclays by the Qatari's, made at the same time as the Mansour investment is not what it seemed, & Amanda sued Barclays for......£900 million. I've no idea how that was resolved.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/01/barclays-loaned-qatar-3bn-to-fund-cash-call-claims-staveleys-pcp/

Considering she originally came from Yorkshire (Ripon), she seems to have done quite well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Staveley

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 21, 2017, 09:26:22 PM »

Disappointing to see guardiola  waving the red there.  Think city should put da silva in goal so they can build a bit better from the back

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: