blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:01:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272891 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 407128 times)
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: August 04, 2016, 12:48:03 AM »

19 year old Gabriel Jesus now confirmed at £27million+ add ons. Looks an incredible prospect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36964045

Think I'd be worth about 12m playing against some of that defending.

Talking wet
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 05, 2016, 05:19:34 PM »

Anyone been to Bucharest? Wink

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 09, 2016, 10:08:56 AM »

Looks like Stones has finally been done. Transfer not confirmed by the club or in the media yet but he is in the squad list for the Champions League qualifier:

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/clubs/club=52919/squad/index.html

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 09, 2016, 11:32:26 AM »

Looks like Stones has finally been done. Transfer not confirmed by the club or in the media yet but he is in the squad list for the Champions League qualifier:

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/clubs/club=52919/squad/index.html

Yep, they've let the cat out the bag! Announced later today I believe. How on earth do we line up vs Sunderland.... Smiley

Best Bitter.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 09, 2016, 11:59:53 AM »

Hopefully with Stones/Mangala at centre back, going to be pure comedy.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 09, 2016, 12:01:23 PM »

Welcome, Stones.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 09, 2016, 12:28:43 PM »

I'm not entirely sure on the fitness/availability situation at the moment but whatever, here goes and I have a sneaky feeling 3 at the back....

............................................Hart

....................Stones........Kompany.......Mangala...........................

Sane...........Fernandino........Silva........Fernando.............Nolito.......

.........................................KDB

.....................................................Aguero

With Willy, Otamendi, Clichy, Sterling, Delph, Nacho and Yaya on the bench.....or did I read somewhere it's 9 subs this season?

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 09, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »

I'm not entirely sure on the fitness/availability situation at the moment but whatever, here goes and I have a sneaky feeling 3 at the back....

....................Stones........Kompany.......Mangala...........................

Sane...........Fernandino........Silva........Fernando.............Nolito.......

With Willy, Otamendi, Clichy, Sterling, Delph, Nacho and Yaya on the bench.....or did I read somewhere it's 9 subs this season?

Poor old Sterling.  £50 million man last summer and now firmly a City bench option and England boo boy.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 09, 2016, 01:28:31 PM »

Poor old Sterling.  £50 million man last summer and now firmly a City bench option and England boo boy.

Haha I think he'll get plenty of game time, and looking forward to seeing if Pep can bring his game on, but yeah his position in the team (like many) is up for grabs. Probably only Aguero, Vinny and KDB who are auto starters when fit. Maybe Fernandino too cos Guardiola seems to love him Smiley

If you believe what you read, Pep sanctioned the transfer of Raheem last summer....

Best Bitter.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 09, 2016, 01:30:39 PM »

Fernandinho gotta be an auto starter surely? Beast player.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 09, 2016, 01:36:49 PM »

Yeah, our engine and a great player. Expect to see him shifted into various positions throughout the season. When he filled in at centre back for half a game last season (can't remember who against but was a prem home game) he actually looked really comfortable there. We all know Pep likes to tinker so wouldn't be surprised to see him playing there more often under him. He has the attributes (can tackle, decent pace, not bad in the air for a guy under 6ft), its his reading of the game and football intelligence that could make him a success in most positions.

Best Bitter.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 09, 2016, 05:41:10 PM »

Wow, Stones an amazing signing. Will soon be the best defender in the world. Criminally underused by Roy in the Euros. Massive congrats on that purchase.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 09, 2016, 10:21:08 PM »

No idea about his line-up for Sunderland particularly with the Kolorav/Fernando  experiment playing at CB against Arsenal Smiley

Komps still injured and rumoured Mangala on his way out with Nasri and Bony.   It's going to be fun....

Not sure if that 9 subs rule was passed. It was definitely discussed tho at the PL meeting.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 09, 2016, 10:23:44 PM »

Yeah, our engine and a great player. Expect to see him shifted into various positions throughout the season. When he filled in at centre back for half a game last season (can't remember who against but was a prem home game) he actually looked really comfortable there. We all know Pep likes to tinker so wouldn't be surprised to see him playing there more often under him. He has the attributes (can tackle, decent pace, not bad in the air for a guy under 6ft), its his reading of the game and football intelligence that could make him a success in most positions.

Brilliant player and probably one of the most underrated in the PL. Except by Bluemoon of course winning the POTY.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 09, 2016, 10:26:44 PM »

Wow, Stones an amazing signing. Will soon be the best defender in the world. Criminally underused by Roy in the Euros. Massive congrats on that purchase.

Hope you are right pleno and that  Pep helps him to a whole new level (as he did with Boateng) and likewise with Sterling which can only be positive for England.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: