blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:26:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272891 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 407116 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: August 11, 2016, 11:46:45 PM »

Enjoyable comedy article in the Daily Fail:

Can John Stones lift the 'curse' of English players at Manchester City following his £47.5m transfer?

Youngsters like Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair struggled after transfers
    Owen Hargreaves, Richard Wright and Stuart Taylor barely played
    A number of big money purchases have worked out while some have not
    John Stones is only the 15th Englishman signed by Manchester City since they were taken over by their new owners in 2008

By Joe Bernstein for MailOnline

Published: 11:54, 11 August 2016 | Updated: 14:31, 11 August 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3734549/Can-John-Stones-lift-curse-English-players-Manchester-City-following-47-5m-transfer.html

lol so fucking zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Smiley to use Stuart Taylor and Richard Wright as examples of English players not playing is simply ridiculous. People get paid to write this bollocks?!

If you (Daily shitting Mail) break it down, we have had reasonable success with English players in recent seasons.

Hart
Barry
Lescott
Milner all enjoyed/enjoying successful careers at City.

We did Adam Johnson's career no harm. In fact, if he wasn't out 'enjoying' Manchester's night life so much (and later on, enjoying 15 yr old girls in his car) he might well have got in Mancini's XI more often.

Richards was a crock (ditto Hargreaves and another laughable example from the fail) and unfortunately when fit he was up against Zabaleta in his prime years; no right back would have got in ahead of Pablo at that time.

Rodwell and Sinclair are the 2 sticks that people love to beat us with. Rodwell had potential but ultimately couldn't shift his well documented injury problems, and then wasn't a part of MP's plans when Bobby was sacked. Sinclair is a total anomaly, I'll happily concede. Neither have pulled up trees since leaving Manchester.

Sterling still plenty to prove but no concerns from me.

MCFC; ruining English footballers since 2008.

I'm not biting

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 13, 2016, 08:39:33 AM »

Joe Hart’s Manchester City future may be in balance, hints Pep Guardiola

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/12/joe-hart-manchester-city-future-balance-pep-guardiola?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 14, 2016, 12:35:22 AM »

Interesting game (I've seen no replays and my new seat is shit so bear this in mind Smiley )

Positives...

Stones. Looked very much at home. Easy to see why Pep wanted him so much. Thought he was different gravy today.
Kolarov. Fuck me, he actually looked decent. Think he'd be too big a gamble against the top teams but maybe an option when we're at home, expected to win and not foreseeing too much defending?
Pep. Can see the effect already. Very much a work in progress and not helped by an interrupted pre season and various injuries, however could see today how he wants the team to play.
Sterling. Looked a threat for 90 minutes, always wanting the ball and dangerous going forward. Panto boos from Mackems for comedic effect.

Negatives...

Nolito. Pretty anonymous for large spells.
Rust. Aguero, Silva, KDB all looked rusty. I fear for Silva's place in the team when Gundogan is fit, and that's not a sentence I thought I'd ever say.
My heart. It will cave in with this 'passing it out from the back' shite. If in doubt, kick it out ffs Wink

Today really brought home (for me) how Guardiola views defenders; IE they are the base of the attack and not just there to keep the ball out of their net. Seeing Clichy and Sagna in centre midfield for most of the game was a tad surreal but worked really well. As always, a 1-0 lead is always vulnerable and Sunderland punished us with pretty much their only attack of the 2nd half, so certainly need to be more clinical in the final 3rd in terms of decision making and ultimately sticking the ball in the net.

Exciting times ahead, and looking increasingly likely exciting times minus Joe Hart.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 14, 2016, 11:38:47 AM »

thought you might like some of this tactical stuff from yesterday

formation

stones   kolarov

fernandinho

sagna   clichy

Click to see full-size image.

average positions in the match

Mirroring Bayern structure, narrow/high FBs used a lot to regain ball through transition

My eyes are open wide
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 14, 2016, 12:08:20 PM »

Interesting game (I've seen no replays and my new seat is shit so bear this in mind Smiley )

Positives...

Stones. Looked very much at home. Easy to see why Pep wanted him so much. Thought he was different gravy today.
Kolarov. Fuck me, he actually looked decent. Think he'd be too big a gamble against the top teams but maybe an option when we're at home, expected to win and not foreseeing too much defending?
Pep. Can see the effect already. Very much a work in progress and not helped by an interrupted pre season and various injuries, however could see today how he wants the team to play.
Sterling. Looked a threat for 90 minutes, always wanting the ball and dangerous going forward. Panto boos from Mackems for comedic effect.

Negatives...

Rust. Aguero, Silva, KDB all looked rusty. I fear for Silva's place in the team when Gundogan is fit, and that's not a sentence I thought I'd ever say.
My heart. It will cave in with this 'passing it out from the back' shite. If in doubt, kick it out ffs Wink

Today really brought home (for me) how Guardiola views defenders; IE they are the base of the attack and not just there to keep the ball out of their net. Seeing Clichy and Sagna in centre midfield for most of the game was a tad surreal but worked really well. As always, a 1-0 lead is always vulnerable and Sunderland punished us with pretty much their only attack of the 2nd half, so certainly need to be more clinical in the final 3rd in terms of decision making and ultimately sticking the ball in the net.

Exciting times ahead, and looking increasingly likely exciting times minus Joe Hart.

Stones was crap. Worse player on the pitch. Well, according to the Fail he was with the lowest player rating from both sides. LOL.

You've nailed it pretty much there. Kolorav, Stones and Sterling were the stand-outs for me. I'd give MOTM to Kolorav because he was unrecognisable from anything we've seen before. Particularly pleased for Sterling to get such a good start under Pep after alll the abuse.

Roll on Champions League qualifier..
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 14, 2016, 12:10:20 PM »

thought you might like some of this tactical stuff from yesterday

formation

stones   kolarov

fernandinho

sagna   clichy

average positions in the match

Mirroring Bayern structure, narrow/high FBs used a lot to regain ball through transition

Tighty, which site did you get these from or are they from a twitter feed? Cheers.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 14, 2016, 12:20:04 PM »

Twitter feeds

bottom one is @statszone

middle one just bbc sport

top one via michael caley @mc_of_a : not his but he retweeted it

i like the tactical stuff. ocd formation shizzles

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 14, 2016, 12:27:20 PM »

Twitter feeds

bottom one is @statszone

This season is gonna be one long wet dream for you then.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 14, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »

Positives...

Negatives...

Stones was crap. Worse player on the pitch. Well, according to the Fail he was with the lowest player rating from both sides. LOL.

You've nailed it pretty much there. Kolorav, Stones and Sterling were the stand-outs for me. I'd give MOTM to Kolorav because he was unrecognisable from anything we've seen before. Particularly pleased for Sterling to get such a good start under Pep after alll the abuse.

Roll on Champions League qualifier..

Daily fucking Mail....you have to wonder if someone from that rag shite even watched the game?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3739858/From-Paddy-McNair-s-goal-gaffe-Nathan-Redmond-s-equaliser-did-Premier-League-debutants-fare-opening-day-season.html

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 17, 2016, 12:00:09 AM »

That'll do Pep, that'll do.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 17, 2016, 08:47:28 AM »

Twitter feeds

bottom one is @statszone

Cheers Tighty.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 17, 2016, 08:48:02 AM »

That'll do Pep, that'll do.

That was fun Smiley
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 18, 2016, 12:32:50 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/18/the-question-kevin-de-bruyne-silva-free-roles

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 18, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »

Pleasing to see Nacho signing a contract extension. Pep seems eager to work with him, that can only be a good thing. Fast forward to 2019 when Aguero moves back to Argentina (sadly he's stated this numerous times), our forward line should read Nacho, Sterling, Sane and Jesus (not seen the action but he had a storming game for Brazil last night apparently). These 4 will all be in the 22-25 bracket and a great age to help take the club forward.

It will be a very grim day when Aguero goes home, but good to see the club putting in the framework for life without him even at this early stage.

Joey Barton lol such a turnip.

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 19, 2016, 10:34:10 AM »

Pleasing to see Nacho signing a contract extension. Pep seems eager to work with him, that can only be a good thing. Fast forward to 2019 when Aguero moves back to Argentina (sadly he's stated this numerous times), our forward line should read Nacho, Sterling, Sane and Jesus (not seen the action but he had a storming game for Brazil last night apparently). These 4 will all be in the 22-25 bracket and a great age to help take the club forward.

It will be a very grim day when Aguero goes home, but good to see the club putting in the framework for life without him even at this early stage.

Joey Barton lol such a turnip.

Bold position on Sterling in 2019 - He might be a rotation option at Palace by then!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: