blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 399937 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: December 18, 2017, 10:56:24 AM »

on Guardiola's effect on the Premier League, and the distorting effects of genuine excellence

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/sports/soccer/manchester-city.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: December 18, 2017, 11:04:59 AM »

Manchester City want Guardiola to create a Ferguson-style dynasty

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/17/football-manchester-city-pep-guardiola-dynasty-alex-ferguson

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: December 18, 2017, 03:16:29 PM »

First time at the Etihad on Saturday and although the football is undoubtedly scintillating, the atmosphere is absolutely abysmal. It's so damn quiet!

Apart from cheering a goal the loudest thing are the away fans. You can actually hear the seats hitting the back of the seat when everyone stands up for a big chance. Like a ripple throughout the stadium of seats springing back.

It's so bizarre, it was a good attendance on Saturday, playing one of the best teams in the league, you totally outplayed them, another win, more records broken, won the league by xmas pretty much, yet I've never experienced such a sedated atmopshere.

It was even eerie the way the fog was descended over the ground and everyone watched in silence.

Very glad I went though, watching KDB in the flesh perform like that was a real treat.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:22:22 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: December 18, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »

First time at the Etihad on Saturday and although the football is undoubtedly scintillating, the atmosphere is absolutely abysmal. It's so damn quiet!

Apart from cheering a goal the loudest thing are the away fans. You can actually hear the seats hitting the back of the seat when everyone stands up for a big chance. Like a ripple throughout the stadium of seats springing back.

It's so bizarre, it was a good attendance on Saturday, playing one of the best teams in the league, you totally outplayed them, another win, more records broken, won the league by xmas pretty much, yet I've never experienced such a sedated atmopshere.

It was even eerie the way the fog was descended over the ground and everyone watched in silence.

Very glad I went though, watching KDB in the flesh perform like that was a real treat.

Sadly it's par for the course at most PL grounds these days. It's a shame, cos when the Etihad is bouncing its incredible (Hamburg at home springs to mind), but these occasions aren't too frequent these days.

There are various reasons/excuses; the rise of day trippers, our match day prices pricing some fans out, over eager stewarding, no safe standing, no dedicated singing area (our most vocal areas are either side of the away section which isn't ideal), people turning up late/leaving early, the club being out of touch with the fans by concentrating on corporate etc etc

It's not unusual that the away fans make the most noise though, pretty much the case at every top level ground every weekend.

Where did you sit out of interest? Glad you enjoyed it despite the tepid atmosphere!

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: December 18, 2017, 04:36:33 PM »

on Guardiola's effect on the Premier League, and the distorting effects of genuine excellence

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/sports/soccer/manchester-city.html

That's a cracking article, deserves a wide audience.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: December 18, 2017, 05:14:48 PM »

Hi Alex
Hope you and Victoria are well. Exactly why we only go to the Ethiad occasionally. So prefer the away days. Two more to do and that's the lot ticked off. All the best for Xmas

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: December 18, 2017, 05:18:48 PM »

And H has it spot on, pricing is not to bad get all our tickets from the buy and sell at face value site, so if ticket is £30 that's what you pay. Can even get cheaper for two. More aimed for city fans who are season ticket holders that can't make it and want to get rid.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: December 18, 2017, 05:50:04 PM »

And H has it spot on, pricing is not to bad get all our tickets from the buy and sell at face value site, so if ticket is £30 that's what you pay. Can even get cheaper for two. More aimed for city fans who are season ticket holders that can't make it and want to get rid.

Our individual prices for the 'bigger' games is really bad. I think it was £56 for Spurs on Saturday, which is just too much IMO. We're not alone in charging those sums but I guess whilst clubs can get away/justify it they will. Its a shame the £30 initiative for away fans didn't have something comparable for home fans too.

Could be worse though....think of the poor sods who rock up at Old Trafford having paid £60 for a ticket, only to see Maureen have his double decker on display.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: December 18, 2017, 06:30:06 PM »

South stand v west ham next to away fans £30 each mate. It's what the agreement with city, they can't sell more than face value.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: December 18, 2017, 06:38:33 PM »

Thanks for not responding in a defensive way!

I decided to go with a friend last minute and looked on the city website and there were seats in the family end going for £58 each I think - not sure whether that's good or not.

Obviously being in the family end will slightly bias my viewpoint RE noise!

GL rest of the season, would be amazing to see another "invincibles"!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: December 18, 2017, 06:53:50 PM »

Thanks for not responding in a defensive way!

I decided to go with a friend last minute and looked on the city website and there were seats in the family end going for £58 each I think - not sure whether that's good or not.

Obviously being in the family end will slightly bias my viewpoint RE noise!

GL rest of the season, would be amazing to see another "invincibles"!

There are many things I can happily defend City over, and there are a few things I can't; this fell firmly in the latter Smiley

Being in the family stand might have diluted the atmosphere for you a tad, but yeah Saturday wasn't a cauldron of noise by any stretch.

I guess its all circumstantial but to me £58 seems way too much. But then I pay £299 for 19 home games so I see it through different financial eyes. You picked a good game to go to anyway! Some of our play was sublime, a real football feast.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: December 18, 2017, 07:44:55 PM »

I'm certain will will falter with maybe Liverpool in January our danger. My brother got two in the family stand on Saturday for £60 but saying that the website for face value or less is a closed shop. And yes I wouldn't go into the family stand but decent view I suspect then behind the goals. Monaco at home was in the clouds so not that keen. Our tickets for Newcastle on the 27th at their place is 7 flights of stairs😝

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 19, 2017, 08:55:34 AM »

Sadly it's par for the course at most PL grounds these days. It's a shame, cos when the Etihad is bouncing its incredible (Hamburg at home springs to mind), but these occasions aren't too frequent these days.

There are various reasons/excuses; the rise of day trippers, our match day prices pricing some fans out, over eager stewarding, no safe standing, no dedicated singing area (our most vocal areas are either side of the away section which isn't ideal), people turning up late/leaving early, the club being out of touch with the fans by concentrating on corporate etc etc

It's not unusual that the away fans make the most noise though, pretty much the case at every top level ground every weekend.

Where did you sit out of interest? Glad you enjoyed it despite the tepid atmosphere!

Spot on as always.  

I actually thought the atmosphere wasn't too bad at the weekend but nothing great. However, reading  the pep revolution thread in the other place,  there are loads of posts from South Stand regs (inc South Stand L3)  saying how great the atmoshere was but I was oblivious to that and it didn't really carry to me. Weird.

Really enjoyable game mind. KDB obviously but Ederson. Much love. Very wide coverage about him in the Monday pods and even his own feature on MNF.

Craig Pawson had a great game as well Smiley   

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:04:34 AM by Archer » Logged
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: December 19, 2017, 04:10:34 PM »

David Silva flew out to Valencia today and will spend some time with his family.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: December 20, 2017, 12:13:15 AM »

Great to see some of our youngsters get some game time tonight. We're it not for an absurd decision from the ref then the game was wrapped up after 90 mins.

Incredible to see how just how assured and composed these kids are on the ball, you can really see how Pep's influence is filtering down. Rumours abound that he's about to sign a new deal and I really hope it happens.

The good times just keep on coming and long may that continue.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: