blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:51:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402027 times)
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2100 on: November 13, 2018, 12:35:51 PM »

playing united these days is like playing a slightly better Burnley.

brutal write up.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 13, 2018, 12:38:27 PM »

Mr hhy does the Daily Sport style match reports, and Archer will be along to give the real one shortly Grin

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 13, 2018, 12:42:28 PM »

Mr hhy does the Daily Sport style match reports, and Archer will be along to give the real one shortly Grin

I can also provide page 3 style entertainment.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 13, 2018, 12:55:12 PM »

UEFA warns clubs Financial Fair Play investigations could be re-opened if abuses are discovered after Manchester City's alleged attempts to evade sanctions were revealed.

City haven't commented on the contents of the leaks which were first published 11 days ago

https://apnews.com/a5471168438748a7b7fdc5e3d464f370

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 13, 2018, 01:03:26 PM »

I can also provide page 3 style entertainment.

Likewise! Especially after Xmas Cheesy

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 14, 2018, 06:44:48 PM »

I'm with Mr hhy on this one:)

I liked this stat:

Lukaku on the pitch for 30 minutes - 3 passes
Sanchez on the pitch for 20 minutes - 1 pass
Foden on the pitch for 2 minutes - 7 passes
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 14, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »

I'm with Mr hhy on this one:)

I liked this stat:

Lukaku on the pitch for 30 minutes - 3 passes
Sanchez on the pitch for 20 minutes - 1 pass
Foden on the pitch for 2 minutes - 7 passes

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 19, 2018, 09:57:19 PM »

UEFA warns clubs Financial Fair Play investigations could be re-opened if abuses are discovered after Manchester City's alleged attempts to evade sanctions were revealed.

City haven't commented on the contents of the leaks which were first published 11 days ago

https://boltfromtheblue.live/2018/11/18/how-uefa-shifted-the-goalposts-to-shaft-man-city/

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 20, 2018, 07:17:30 AM »

https://boltfromtheblue.live/2018/11/18/how-uefa-shifted-the-goalposts-to-shaft-man-city/

tl; dr

Skim reading produces this gem from the author’s own summary

‘...would City really want to go to court, knowing there was a question mark over some of their revenue and that they’d done things that UEFA were dubious about and might well challenge? ...’

and then you need to contrast the Title of the piece (How UEFA shifted the Goalposts to Shaft Man City ) with this, again from the author’s own summary

‘...The question is, did UEFA do this deliberately, knowing that once City’s 2012 accounts were set in stone, they had a target to aim at? Or was it just a change to make the test fit with what they intended by the FFP wording? There’s no evidence, other than the timing, that the change was deliberate.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: November 20, 2018, 02:56:36 PM »

tl; dr

‘...would City really want to go to court, knowing there was a question mark over some of their revenue and that they’d done things that UEFA were dubious about and might well challenge? ...’

and then you need to contrast the Title of the piece (How UEFA shifted the Goalposts to Shaft Man City ) with this, again from the author’s own summary

‘...The question is, did UEFA do this deliberately, knowing that once City’s 2012 accounts were set in stone, they had a target to aim at? Or was it just a change to make the test fit with what they intended by the FFP wording? There’s no evidence, other than the timing, that the change was deliberate.

I'd suggest taking the time to read it all and attempt to absorb it, instead of a skim read picking out a couple of bits you like.

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 20, 2018, 08:19:31 PM »

tl; dr

I'd suggest taking the time to read it all and attempt to absorb it, instead of a skim read picking out a couple of bits you like.

I have read it all now, searching for something that supports the headline suggestion that City were ‘shafted’ by EUFA. It’s not there. What there is, is a bleat about the fact that the loophole City were planning on using got closed.

The question is, did UEFA do this deliberately, knowing that once City’s 2012 accounts were set in stone, they had a target to aim at? Or was it just a change to make the test fit with what they intended by the FFP wording? There’s no evidence, other than the timing, that the change was deliberate.

No mention in the article about the questions raised with regard to who was paying the sponsorship moneys. No reference to the fact that they were only going to scrape through the test by adjusting the figures from Etihad, Aabar and the Abu Dhabi Tourist Authority.

I assume you’ve read all of this, and the others in the series...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

Celebrate your footballing excellence as you should. The football you are watching week in week out is stunningly pretty, and effective. I wouldn’t bet a penny against you winning the PL this season, and probably wouldn’t risk more than a quid on next season.
You could be at the start of a period of domination to match that of Liverpool in the 70s and 80s.

But don’t pretend that your rise to these heights hasn’t been bought by your new owners, nor that you have played totally by  the rules at all times.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 20, 2018, 08:39:37 PM »

tl; dr

I have read it all now, searching for something that supports the headline suggestion that City were ‘shafted’ by EUFA. It’s not there. What there is, is a bleat about the fact that the loophole City were planning on using got closed.

The question is, did UEFA do this deliberately, knowing that once City’s 2012 accounts were set in stone, they had a target to aim at? Or was it just a change to make the test fit with what they intended by the FFP wording? There’s no evidence, other than the timing, that the change was deliberate.

No mention in the article about the questions raised with regard to who was paying the sponsorship moneys. No reference to the fact that they were only going to scrape through the test by adjusting the figures from Etihad, Aabar and the Abu Dhabi Tourist Authority.

I assume you’ve read all of this, and the others in the series...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

Celebrate your footballing excellence as you should. The football you are watching week in week out is stunningly pretty, and effective. I wouldn’t bet a penny against you winning the PL this season, and probably wouldn’t risk more than a quid on next season.
You could be at the start of a period of domination to match that of Liverpool in the 70s and 80s.

But don’t pretend that your rise to these heights hasn’t been bought by your new owners, nor that you have played totally by  the rules at all times.

I remember when we used to get called bitter  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Load of hot air and rumours from that paper. I know you're desperate for it all to be true, but don't get too excited.

Mind the gap.

Maybe most teams don't 'play by the rules?' Or maybe it's all just a load of bollocks?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/19/manchester-united-agreed-pay-monaco-4m-phantom-friendly-alleges/

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:51:49 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 20, 2018, 09:37:19 PM »

You can have as much as you like on "it's all a complete load of bollocks" with me at even money.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: November 20, 2018, 10:03:42 PM »

You can have as much as you like on "it's all a complete load of bollocks" with me at even money.

So far the European super league plans they claimed to have exposed have been shot down.

Amazing how people just lap stuff up and take everything at face value.

Maybe it will all come out in the wash, who knows eh?

Of course the united and arsenal fans are getting wood at the thought of some untoward stuff going on, but its all hot air at the moment so put those semis away.

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 21, 2018, 12:29:53 PM »

So far the European super league plans they claimed to have exposed have been shot down.

Amazing how people just lap stuff up and take everything at face value.

Maybe it will all come out in the wash, who knows eh?

Of course the united and arsenal fans are getting wood at the thought of some untoward stuff going on, but its all hot air at the moment so put those semis away.

No bitterness here.

Sadness that my allegiances prevent me from fully enjoying your play, but no bitterness.

No wood either. Well, not from thoughts of dodgy football dealings, I get my kicks in more traditional ways.

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: