blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:05:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 399982 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: February 14, 2020, 07:24:49 PM »

I'm more surprised that UEFA have actually done anything about flaunting FFP.

Let's be honest - those inflated figures have been an open secret for years now.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: February 14, 2020, 09:15:04 PM »

e interesting to see if CAS reduce the ban. I can't see them being cleared but would not be surprised if ban was dropped to one year.

I don't believe it should, but wouldn't be surprised.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: February 26, 2020, 05:19:20 PM »

City are gonna take UEFA to the legal cleaners, and it's gonna be a joy to behold.

Best Bitter.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2418 on: February 26, 2020, 05:28:01 PM »

Welcome back.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: February 26, 2020, 05:33:47 PM »

Welcome back.

Thank you Smiley

I woulda posted about this whole UEFA shite much earlier but been on holiday. City sound very bullish about it all, will have the worlds best lawyers on the case, and imagine how many skeletons there are in UEFAs closet....

From what I understand the club are very well prepared for this, and to paraphrase the chairman, lets spend £50m suing UEFA for the next 10 years.

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: February 27, 2020, 07:36:44 AM »

Welcome back. Decent result last night.

I have no doubt that the lawyers will make a lot of money from this, and that City will be in the CL next season.

This was an interesting read...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/26/manchester-city-falling-foul-of-ffp-in-1906-forgotten-story?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX1RoZUZpdmVyLTIwMDIyNg%3D%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=TheFiver&CMP=fiver_email

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: May 23, 2021, 10:52:16 AM »

Welcome back.

Thank you Smiley

I woulda posted about this whole UEFA shite much earlier but been on holiday. City sound very bullish about it all, will have the worlds best lawyers on the case, and imagine how many skeletons there are in UEFAs closet....

From what I understand the club are very well prepared for this, and to paraphrase the chairman, lets spend £50m suing UEFA for the next 10 years.

Seems a lifetime ago. The collective media reporting of the CAS hearing and the inability to even accurately transcribe the events correctly when all facts were  laid out in public  legal documents was simply disgusting.
Right result at CAS though.

This thread hasn't had any love for a while. So...

Very  happy to get lucky in the ballot and returning to the Etihad later for a live football match and witness first hand the best team in world football at the moment. Throw in a trophy lift, a Sergio farewell and seeing the FWA Player of the Year in the flesh for the first time (if he plays) and life is good. God, I've missed live football.

It got better at 9.15 yesterday morning after a sweat for  Champions League Final tickets..  Due the small allocation it was touch and go  it would sell out before getting to our points level. Throw in the free flight (out Saturday morning and back in the early hours after the match) and  transfers courtesy of Sheikh Mansour and the job's a good one for a dream day for the cost of a £150 ticket and a Covid test.  My lad, in his words, is absolutely buzzing. He was already booked for a 3 day trip and was going to Porto anyway with or without a ticket and sticking with his plans.

Player of the year? Dias deserved winner IMO. Difficult to choose from City players this season but in order for me - Dias, Gundogan, Foden, Mahrez, Stones.  I've seen the other posts and that KDB is favourite for the PFA POTY. He remains the best player but not played enough.

Kane to City? I hope not. I'm probably in a minority here but it would makes us too strong. Don't want to turn into Bayern Munich.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: May 23, 2021, 01:24:21 PM »

Welcome back.

Thank you Smiley

Seems a lifetime ago. The collective media reporting of the CAS hearing and the inability to even accurately transcribe the events correctly when all facts were  laid out in public  legal documents was simply disgusting.

Very  happy to get lucky in the ballot and returning to the Etihad later for a live football match and witness first hand the best team in world football at the moment. Throw in a trophy lift, a Sergio farewell and seeing the FWA Player of the Year in the flesh for the first time (if he plays) and life is good. God, I've missed live football.

It got better at 9.15 yesterday morning after a sweat for  Champions League Final tickets..  Due the small allocation it was touch and go  it would sell out before getting to our points level. Throw in the free flight (out Saturday morning and back in the early hours after the match) and  transfers courtesy of Sheikh Mansour and the job's a good one for a dream day for the cost of a £150 ticket and a Covid test.  My lad, in his words, is absolutely buzzing. He was already booked for a 3 day trip and was going to Porto anyway with or without a ticket and sticking with his plans.

Player of the year? Dias deserved winner IMO. Difficult to choose from City players this season but in order for me - Dias, Gundogan, Foden, Mahrez, Stones.  I've seen the other posts and that KDB is favourite for the PFA POTY. He remains the best player but not played enough.

Kane to City? I hope not. I'm probably in a minority here but it would makes us too strong. Don't want to turn into Bayern Munich.

I’ll ignore the hyperbole and just focus on wishing you a great and safe trip to Portugal.
Both European trophies in the same Greater Metropolitan Area? Andy Burnham will no doubt claim the credit😁
You can have Kane if we can have Haaland and Sancho.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: May 25, 2021, 07:47:35 PM »

Welcome back.

Thank you Smiley

Seems a lifetime ago. The collective media reporting of the CAS hearing and the inability to even accurately transcribe the events correctly when all facts were  laid out in public  legal documents was simply disgusting.

Very  happy to get lucky in the ballot and returning to the Etihad later for a live football match and witness first hand the best team in world football at the moment. Throw in a trophy lift, a Sergio farewell and seeing the FWA Player of the Year in the flesh for the first time (if he plays) and life is good. God, I've missed live football.

It got better at 9.15 yesterday morning after a sweat for  Champions League Final tickets..  Due the small allocation it was touch and go  it would sell out before getting to our points level. Throw in the free flight (out Saturday morning and back in the early hours after the match) and  transfers courtesy of Sheikh Mansour and the job's a good one for a dream day for the cost of a £150 ticket and a Covid test.  My lad, in his words, is absolutely buzzing. He was already booked for a 3 day trip and was going to Porto anyway with or without a ticket and sticking with his plans.

Player of the year? Dias deserved winner IMO. Difficult to choose from City players this season but in order for me - Dias, Gundogan, Foden, Mahrez, Stones.  I've seen the other posts and that KDB is favourite for the PFA POTY. He remains the best player but not played enough.

I’ll ignore the hyperbole and just focus on wishing you a great and safe trip to Portugal.
Both European trophies in the same Greater Metropolitan Area? Andy Burnham will no doubt claim the credit😁
You can have Kane if we can have Haaland and Sancho.

Haha

Hyperbole? Nah...

Cheers and thks anyway and GL in the losers cup final.

See City and United's prices to win in 90 mins are broadly the same. Likewise in the winner owner market. A bit surprised with that and thought United would be shorter..
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: May 25, 2021, 08:20:48 PM »

Been great watching City this year, hope you abso crush in the final and have a great trip.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: May 26, 2021, 12:25:17 AM »

Been great watching City this year, hope you abso crush in the final and have a great trip.

Anyone but Chelsea eh?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: May 26, 2021, 11:16:08 AM »

Anyone but Chelsea eh?

The list is quite long of the anyone buts, but really like city.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: May 26, 2021, 03:37:41 PM »

Anyone but Chelsea eh?

I’d never admit it, but they are a bit special at the moment.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: May 26, 2021, 06:59:07 PM »

Anyone but Chelsea eh?

Haha, yep. It's easier for me to like them because when Arse were really competitive from 1989 to 2006/7, City were nowhere really.

For me the anyone buts are all the teams we were really competing with in that period and some of the ones who overtook us in the last ten years.

Man Utd
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs

Leicester offended me by their impudence a few years ago but hard not to admire/like them and City, money or not, are just incredible to watch on a good day

Also great history in the 60s and 70s and incredible support when they slid out of the top flight

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: May 27, 2021, 07:31:54 AM »

Anyone but Chelsea eh?

Haha, yep. It's easier for me to like them because when Arse were really competitive from 1989 to 2006/7, City were nowhere really.

For me the anyone buts are all the teams we were really competing with in that period and some of the ones who overtook us in the last ten years.

Man Utd
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs

Leicester offended me by their impudence a few years ago but hard not to admire/like them and City, money or not, are just incredible to watch on a good day

Also great history in the 60s and 70s and incredible support when they slid out of the top flight

Basically, anyone bar Liverpool for me.

Or Villarreal  Sad Sad

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: