blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:12:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273127 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Euro 2016 thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016 thread  (Read 84342 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 16, 2016, 04:56:55 PM »

Hart jumping around the pitch thanking the boys for covering up another shit game from him.  Please woy do the right thing don't be results orientated all your life.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2016, 04:59:03 PM »

Sturridge needs to play up top. Vardy when we are playing on the break

Drop Sterling move Alli further forward and bring in Wiltshere.

Thought Rooney and Cahill played really well

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 16, 2016, 05:08:10 PM »

Think Rooney has been superb in both games so far.

Sterling is the English equivalent of Chicago's Jay Cutler.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 16, 2016, 05:12:55 PM »

Good to see positive subs at half time rather than leaving it until 10 mins to go.   Nifty result, could be more comfortable but this is England.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 16, 2016, 05:36:49 PM »

Unbiased question.

What do people think of Robbie Saveage as co-comm?

if you think he is good or bad, would you accept that is unconventional to have a co comm so very keen on the side he is supporting?

who are the best and worst pundits so far inthe euros?

can i put forward?

slaven bilic - brilliant

and you can give me some other names, good or bad

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 16, 2016, 05:40:37 PM »

Liked Savage today.   Thought he was a bit biased first half but was very unbiased in the second half whilst still make it obvious he was massively up for it for Wales.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 16, 2016, 05:42:06 PM »

Think Savage is v good on radio phone ins. His straightforward nature works well in that format.

As a pundit or commentator I think he's absolute gash

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 16, 2016, 05:43:36 PM »

Thought the reaction after the 1st game was absurd ( actually made a big post but iPad died lol) all you can ask for is the team gives it there all and you can't accuse them of not doing that. We are very unlikely to win the tournament but so far I'm absolutely delighted at how we've gave it 100% for once in a major tournament, and I would've said that if it finished 1-1. You can say the manager got things wrong, you can criticise performances as that's what everyone loves to do but who has played so far that isn't giving it a 100% ?

Absolutely buzzing and feel it was thoroughly deserved.

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 16, 2016, 05:58:14 PM »

i like the idea of colour commentary for football.

football is a pretty dull sport. a good portion of the time the ball is out of play, when it is in play nothing much happens. as goals are so rare, slight run good in taking / missing chances / bad decisions in relation to goals disproportionally changes the outcome of games - and it renders much analysis irrelevant and completely results oriented.

so when you have people over-analysing the game and theorising over formations and tactics i find it to be a complete snooze-fest. much rather have people being partisan and giving strident unbalanced opinions.

people taking football seriously is a turn off for me.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 16, 2016, 06:21:31 PM »

The result really moves away criticism from Hart, when potentially if we didn't grab the win he was the sole reason we may not have qualified. I think Slovakia will give us a good game & we was looking at elimination. Questionable for the Russia goal, completely at fault for the second. If we had Butland in the team, would be calling for him to be taking over.

Sick of Alli getting involved in confrontations too.

We deserved the win in the end though.

As for Savage, he really is dull as dishwater. But at least he isn't biased, he could have been a Wales pundit saying they deserved a point, but told it How it was that Wales didn't deserve a point.

The group also very unclear. Wales still can finish bottom!
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 16, 2016, 06:59:12 PM »

Decent performance. Deserved to win. Sterling shocking again. Hart again letting himself down. Hennessy even worse though. Worst keeper in the prem imo.

One thing this tournament is highlighting for me - Christian Eriksen is a hell of a player. Pulls the strings for Spurs and makes Kane and Alli much better players.

Kyle Walker was outstanding today. Superb display.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 16, 2016, 07:08:24 PM »

Vardy only 7 touches all 2nd half which is ridiculously low but doesn't matter if he gets an important striker goal.
Sturridge has to start next time out - classiest striker we have. Glad now that Hodgson took the chance on him with his dodgy fitness.

As for the City boys, Sterling woeful and, after his v good 1st half against Russia,  that is 90 mins of nothing and unlikely we will be seeing him again. Comedy keeping from Hart - as bad as it gets that one.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 16, 2016, 09:01:16 PM »

One thing this tournament is highlighting for me - Christian Eriksen is a hell of a player. Pulls the strings for Spurs and makes Kane and Alli much better players.

Eriksen plays on the left in our current system. He's had far less influence than previous years, although he's top or close to the top in our running stats, I believe.

Dembélé is the man that pulls the strings. I thought Alli had a quiet game but he was clearly targeted by 90s Gary Barlow Aaron Ramsey. Dier I thought did a decent job, with a few good interceptions and tackles.

Full backs are loving this system and, like the rest of us, I'm delighted to see Kane taken off corners (Premier League's top scorer from corners last season). He's only scored one free kick, too, and that took a wicked deflection. Surely Rooney is handy close up and Dier or Walker can leather one from distance?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 17, 2016, 12:39:40 AM »

Walker could end up a star of this tourney if he improves his final product/ we get a striker who adapts to what hes doing. Think people are writing off kane too early, the way we are playing/having to play hasnt suited him and once we play teams interested in playing football he will shine. The llama is pointless, we need goals from his position and hes a negative option. We need to get to a situation against slovakia where it looks like the front 5 are a threat, sterling and llalana havent done this and need dropped. Think he should look at the diamond again but with alli at point instead of rooney. We simply have no wide players and everyone looks uncomfortable as wide of 3.
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 17, 2016, 12:55:27 AM »

Unbiased question.

What do people think of Robbie Saveage as co-comm?

if you think he is good or bad, would you accept that is unconventional to have a co comm so very keen on the side he is supporting?

who are the best and worst pundits so far inthe euros?

can i put forward?

slaven bilic - brilliant

and you can give me some other names, good or bad

Thought savage was very good today. Obviously up for the Welsh which is fine from a co-comm, but gave good impartial opinions throughout.

The only annoying thing about him was that he was good as I can't normally stand him.

Agree that Bilic has been great. Just don't like Henry even though he speaks well. and the usual MOTD crew are pretty awful.

As for England. Great to see Rashford playing like Sterling used to before things got serious. Poor Raheem, seems to carry the weight of the world and looks like he needs to fall in love with the game again. Nothing comes naturally to him now and I'll be amazed if he gets another minute in this comp.

Vardy needs to start, especially in  the games where we are losing the possession stats. Wiltshire needs to play as well for me. Think Roy got lucky today against an average side. I'm happy to give him credit for bold substitutions but overall he seems a bit clueless. Can't remember him playing 3/4 strikers before in a warm up game or qualifier so it appears his plan B was concocted in the Lens toilets at half time when he's had all year to draw one up and try it out.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: