blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:43:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 342306 times)
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1710 on: November 08, 2017, 09:59:27 AM »

I would advise never betting on any of the joke games in the Checkafarce Trophy. You may as well bet on who will win a park kickabout - no-one takes it seriously.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 13, 2017, 07:34:36 PM »

A mere bagatelle?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-41966741

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 14, 2017, 12:20:42 PM »

obviously potentially not good news, pending what the final "deal"/guilt is.

not quite a drop in the ocean, but still a lot less than the net worth though

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: November 15, 2017, 08:27:18 AM »

Pleased for Kasper last night

Been a sensational keeper and leader for us over six seasons,performances never dropped even when the team has struggled

Click to see full-size image.

With their front 4, Denmark are lively outsiders for a run in Russia

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: November 17, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »

Thoughts on tomorrow? Picked up any injuries during the international break? Likely line up/formation?

I think this could be our toughest game so far, would've preferred to play you guys before the new manager came in. We're also missing Otamendi, and I don't think Kompany is match fit, so it could be a makeshift back 3/4/5 or however we line up.

It can't be worse than our showing there last season.......can it? Smiley

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: November 17, 2017, 03:43:06 PM »

Hopefully! Bonus game for us, expecting nothing. No injuries to report and expect us to defend for our lives and try to counter repeatedly.

Sadly I think you are much more solid than last season and don't expect to see any high lines! I would expect us to try to get down the wing back channels and try to make your players at least be aware of a threat there.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: November 17, 2017, 03:45:15 PM »

Formation nowadays is 4-2-3-1 Iborra and Ndidi sit,ahrez and gray wide and Vardy up front. Okazaki and chilwell (with mahrez in behind Vardy) have made up the AM triumvirate In one game each so far under Puel.

My eyes are open wide
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: November 17, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »

Hopefully! Bonus game for us, expecting nothing. No injuries to report and expect us to defend for our lives and try to counter repeatedly.

Sadly I think you are much more solid than last season and don't expect to see any high lines! I would expect us to try to get down the wing back channels and try to make your players at least be aware of a threat there.

You'll still get your high line Smiley 

Last year looks nice on average player position map:

Looking back now that team looks weird - it  was:
Bravo
sagna Stones
Fernando
Zaba, Gundogan Kolarov
Nacho
Navas, Silva, KDB

Well and truly stuffed and irrefutably our worse performance of the season. The game at the Etihad was really tough as well.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 17, 2017, 10:19:45 PM »

Nice easy away trip, 4 miles from home city sold out weeks ago so good strong following, taking both lads to this one, got our Cup tickets today and city got 3,250 so should be a good night match. We only got 2,200 for Huddersfield away so struggling for that one.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 19, 2017, 09:01:06 AM »

Man City were very good, awesome to watch

We tried to high press and never got near them. Near by me we had Kyle Walker hemmed in,two players bearing down on him. A feint and a shimmy and he was clear and counter-attacking. 

Start of the second half De Bruyne and Silva switched roles, Silva dropped back and KDB moved into the hole and was fantastic

I sit level with where he struck his goal from and when he scored i exclaimed "jesus christ" and was among those who applauded hi when substituted late. What a player

At the time when Kompany fouled Vardy after 2 minutes i thought it was a yellow as Stones was covering, pretty sure this is what the ref thought

watching it back later i was less convinced, he's not even in the shot here and would never have caught Vardy

of course the ref doesn't get replays and its marginal. Wouldn't have affected the result anyway.

Enjoyed watching Sane close up too, great skill and pace.

Will win the title in a canter.

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: November 19, 2017, 11:24:54 AM »

Was at a gig last night so only just caught highlights this morning. Looked a pretty commanding display, and our big guns all seemed to have good games. Losing Stones is a blow, only offset by the return of Kompany, though for how long is anyones guess.

Regarding that decision, it was a close one. One of those where you'd be annoyed there was no red if you were the attacking team, but you'd argue a yellow was just about correct if you're the defending team. Think if Stones is 3 yards further away then its a red, very fine margins. We had one at Bournemouth in August but it was much more cut and dry, still can't believe Ake wasn't sent off Smiley

First time in over a year Leicester haven't registered a shot on target all game, think that's a testament to our defence as it looked like you gave us a solid, competitive game. Thankfully we are a little harder to break down than last season!

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: November 19, 2017, 12:35:03 PM »

Hmm, I'd be aggrieved if City were on the wrong end of that one. We said watching it that we'd  have  no complaints if it was a red..  but Stones in the mix means it isn't 100% so a very difficult call for the ref. Stones would have got on to Gareth Barry there but not a chance of getting to Vardy. Does that make it difference?! I have to say I don't know what the exact rule is.

Enjoyable game to watch.  And I'll use that word "tough" again - certainly until the late stages of the 1st half before City took control.

I watched the game at the Etihad - City put on a screening in one of the lounges. Hhy, you would have loved it - shaun goater was the "legend" in attendance with his daughters. Funny seeing him up on his feet singing tke KDB song Smiley

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:37:40 PM by Archer » Logged
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: November 19, 2017, 12:53:19 PM »

Hmm, I'd be aggrieved if City were on the wrong end of that one. We said watching it that we'd  have  no complaints if it was a red..  but Stones in the mix means it isn't 100% so a very difficult call for the ref. Stones would have got on to Gareth Barry there but not a chance of getting to Vardy. Does that make it difference?! I have to say I don't know what the exact rule is.

Enjoyable game to watch.  And I'll use that word "tough" again - certainly until the late stages of the 1st half before City took control.

I watched the game at the Etihad - City put on a screening in one of the lounges. Hhy, you would have loved it - shaun goater was the "legend" in attendance with his daughters. Funny seeing him up on his feet singing tke KDB song Smiley

Ha, saw some footage of that on a City group on FB, looked class.

Remember collaring him outside Eastlands last season and shoving my arm in his face (I have 'feed the goat' tattooed on it), he probably thought I was a right little weirdo but happy to pose for pictures and said he'd follow me on Twitter....couldn't face breaking it to him that I'm not on there Sad

What a guy <3

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: November 19, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »

I agree with Tighty, thought it was a yellow in live play then on Motd looked completely different. Just simply controlled the whole game and another good away support and counted 19 coaches pull up. So difficult getting away tickets as away games are the only games I and my lad attend. City got 3250 for cup game v Leicester and 2250 for Huddersfield on Sunday. Palace away new years eve is sorted though.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: November 28, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »

Take a bow Mr V, some goal that.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: