blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:22:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338606 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2015, 01:43:37 AM »

Pardon my ignorance, but what does this tell us about Leicester?

Leicester completed just 168 passes yesterday, fewer than any other PL side

that they counter attack very well and don't need possession to win when they are in such lethal form up front

only one of their 17 games this season we have had more than 40% posession

That is an amazing stat.

Which game was it? Because i think there will be a very good chance it was first game of the season against us!!

The stat is wrong. It should be 1 game more than 50%. The point still holds tho - they are always still down on possession
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2015, 08:01:27 AM »

Pardon my ignorance, but what does this tell us about Leicester?

Leicester completed just 168 passes yesterday, fewer than any other PL side

Means they are long ball merchants, Tikay.

Was talking with a few regulars down my local on Friday night. Despite us all supporting different teams (City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and......York) we were all in agreement that should our respective clubs fail to win the title, then we wanted Leicester to do it. I imagine this is the case for fans across the country (apart from maybe those in the midlands? Not sure on how deep rivalries go in that neck of the woods)

2nd place play off tomorrow night, gg Leicester.

Well I'm not a football expert, but "long ball merchants" is a derogatory term associated with "hoof it upfield"is it not?

I get the impression it is more a case of fast & incisive breaks, with none of the tippy tappy stuff we usually see associated with the world's most skilful teams, such as Barcelona & Arsenal.

Have to agree with the other point though - all neutrals seem to be rooting for Leicester.

What with Watford (4 on the spin now) & Lord Pardew's Palace miracles (Palace in 6trh place, incred) , it's been one of the most enjoyable EPL seasons I can ever remember. 

Was tongue in cheek Tony, thought you of all of people might realise that! Smiley

Dreading going there on the 29th, our away record is dog shit and don't see it turning any time soon with trips to Leicester and Watford on the horizon.

Bugger. I say, BUGGER, I got whooshed  I'm so naïve these days. WP Percy Plump, WP.

I'm calling it a score-draw though, as I got "Lord Pardew" through, & poor old CF walked right into it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2015, 08:04:40 AM »

Can't wait for King Pards to get the England job, win the world cup (bringing himself on after 70 min's in the final when 1-0 down and scoring twice to win 2-1) and the toon fans still shrug their shoulders.

Shola Ameobi is the only person to ever leave Newcastle and not be berated by the fans for years to come.

You might just be the greatest.

Newcastle fans are certainly.....well, not to be rude, a little hard to fathom.

I wonder if it's all for show, & secretly, many wish Pardew was still there? Logically - logically - they should.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2015, 10:04:14 AM »

Can't wait for King Pards to get the England job, win the world cup (bringing himself on after 70 min's in the final when 1-0 down and scoring twice to win 2-1) and the toon fans still shrug their shoulders.

Shola Ameobi is the only person to ever leave Newcastle and not be berated by the fans for years to come.

I wonder if it's all for show, & secretly, many wish Pardew was still there? Logically - logically - they should.

I'm going to bite one last time Smiley

Firstly the "Newcastle fans..." line trotted out by many is just so so lazy. Newcastle fans are the same as any others - there's a range of opinions. Naturally the ones most heard are the ones the media select to fit with their delusional geordies line but it is by no means representative.

Why should we logically want Pardew back? Ignoring how he may currently be doing at Crystal Palace he did awfully at Newcastle. Yes he finished 5th. We get it. He finished 5th. Maybe he'll do it again at Palace. So what? The season after he almost got us relegated. Just before he left in the club in a decent state supposedly. I don't call relegation form over the previous 38 games a good state. That was also failing to score in 19 of them. But Pardew is very good at rewriting history. The scoreless games didn't happen. How could they with Alan's front foot attacking football?

West Ham got rid. Charlton got rid and Southampton got rid. I doubt any would want him back. Maybe he's found his calling at Palace? But as someone who saw first hand what happened at Newcastle and apparently happened before he's gone into a new job and everything has just clicked for him. Just wait until Cabaye, Zaha etc get injured and he starts to come under some pressure. There's no plan B, he'll revert to type of keep it tight and hope for that little bit of magic and I don't doubt before long it'll all come crumbling down.

And if they don't get injured expect the attacking flair players to be thrown under the bus when results aren't going his way. He's good at that.

Not to mention the headbutting off opposition players, calling managers c*nts in front of the TV cameras, pushing over linesmen and overall massive ego and lack of any class whatsoever.

People would actually want this man at their club? You're mad!

Blue text
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2015, 10:20:09 AM »

Firstly the "Newcastle fans..." line trotted out by many is just so so lazy. Newcastle fans are the same as any others - there's a range of opinions. Naturally the ones most heard are the ones the media select to fit with their delusional geordies line but it is by no means representative.

Why should we logically want Pardew back? Ignoring how he may currently be doing at Crystal Palace he did awfully at Newcastle. Yes he finished 5th. We get it. He finished 5th. Maybe he'll do it again at Palace. So what? The season after he almost got us relegated. Just before he left in the club in a decent state supposedly. I don't call relegation form over the previous 38 games a good state. That was also failing to score in 19 of them. But Pardew is very good at rewriting history. The scoreless games didn't happen. How could they with Alan's front foot attacking football?

West Ham got rid. Charlton got rid and Southampton got rid. I doubt any would want him back. Maybe he's found his calling at Palace? But as someone who saw first hand what happened at Newcastle and apparently happened before he's gone into a new job and everything has just clicked for him. Just wait until Cabaye, Zaha etc get injured and he starts to come under some pressure. There's no plan B, he'll revert to type of keep it tight and hope for that little bit of magic and I don't doubt before long it'll all come crumbling down.

And if they don't get injured expect the attacking flair players to be thrown under the bus when results aren't going his way. He's good at that.

Not to mention the headbutting off opposition players, calling managers c*nts in front of the TV cameras, pushing over linesmen and overall massive ego and lack of any class whatsoever.

I'm "mad" because I happen to have a different opinion to you?

And there you have it.

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2015, 10:31:55 AM »

I'm "mad" because I happen to have a different opinion to you?

And there you have it.

There you have what? It's just an expression. Way to ignore anything else that might have been said in the post above. Was there anything in it you disagree with?

Blue text
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »

When I say "Newcastle Fans" (actually I say toon fans) I probably have a less biased point of view than some others as I am from Newcastle and have lived in the West End for my 25 years. And the majority of toon fans i know, certainly my friends, are incredibly realistic and don't expect the world. They expect the players to give 100% on the pitch and to be friendly and approachable off the pitch. There is still the odd tit who relives the mid 90's and the great Alan Shearer days and that unforgettable night when Lord Shola of Fenham single handedly took apart the mighty Barcelona. And unfortunately, it's these lads that get on Skysports just after they've stumbled out of the Newcastle Labour Club.

I personally think football management these days in the premier league is just a whoooooooooooooooooole load of luck. But I'd rather be lucky than good. #KingPards

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2015, 11:12:50 AM »

Isn't there a Newcastle thread for this kind of nonsense?

Us Leicester fans only want positive stuff in here!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2015, 11:18:19 AM »

Isn't there a Newcastle thread for this kind of nonsense?

Us Leicester fans only want positive stuff in here!

Apologies.

I'm Leicester through and through myself.

Just didn't think there was much point in this thread as we all know their gonna piss the league anyways?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »

Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2015, 11:26:09 AM »

One thing worth remembering about Pardew is that he was virtually on the managerial scrapheap, having been shown the door by League One Southampton, before Ashley brought him back in from the cold in what was very much a surprise appointment at the time.

Not a fan of him as a person but has definitely done a great job at Palace.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2015, 08:28:48 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

There's running good then there's running good.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:32:30 PM by POWWWWWWWW » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »

the image shows that we are nearly 9 points better than "expectation" on the basis of goals for/against

undoubtedly, with vardy and mahrez scoring 28 goals we've converted chances at a crazy rate

its only reasonable to expect some regression to the mean, even without injuries to key players

that said, no team has got to grips with us on the counter, no team has got to grips with Kante winning the ball and quickly transitioning us from defence to attack.

Everton got closest but still conceded two penalties, the second after Kante won the ball, fed it to mahrez and vardy made the run in behind

again its only reasonable to expect teams to work out how to stop us but a very successful season it is whatever happens from here 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2015, 08:40:55 PM »

furthermore our record this season on games decided by one goal wins or less (ie draws) is 8-5-0

again, unsustainable but indicative of a certain spirit and skill in winning the close ones....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2015, 10:18:24 PM »

Funny to think that even if Villa were running 5 points above EV, they'd still be in the relegation places. What a terrible squad they've accrued.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: