blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 342153 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2016, 07:52:55 PM »

Very unoriginal but after his fifth or sixth goal kick went straight out for a throw in, 'you're just a shit Peter Schmeichel' made me smile.
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2016, 07:56:34 PM »

Tbh when they started the Kante/Mahrez chant last night I thought I flicked on to the darts!!

Kolo/yaya style?

Yup

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2016, 08:00:08 PM »

Tbh when they started the Kante/Mahrez chant last night I thought I flicked on to the darts!!

Kolo/yaya style?

Yup

Funny
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2016, 01:29:28 PM »

I wish Stoke still had Huth alongside Shawcross. Good signing for Leicester? All the attention has been on Vardy & your manager this season (and rightly so), but who are you top 5 for your team this season? What signings (if any) would you like in the transfer window?

Huth has been a fantastic signing, our results turned from the minute he signed on loan last season, as the silly conceded goals stopped

He has transformed Wes Morgan next to him though, never thought Wes was more than a championship centre-half but he is superb this season

apart from Vardy and Mahrez

- Kante is different gravy. £5.5m, most interceptions in the league, an unbelievable engine, good on the counter. our best signing for a long long time.

- Fuchs from Schalke. Austrian national captain. great at corners and free kicks, proper defender too. real leader in the squad.  his no look pass/assist on the counter for vardys record breaking goal against united was one of the moments of the season

- Schmeichel, one of the best keepers in the league. the odd wtf moment, but top class. another leader

- Albrighton, villa released him two years ago. a real threat for assists but up and down the left flank he offers great help defensively

- drinkwater. completely under-rated player in central midfield. picks a pass, gets his foot in, organises well. come on again this season in a better team

really the only signing that hasn't come off is kramaric, really high strike rate by steve walsh and team. kramaric didn't start too well and needs a run of games that he isn't going to get

signings.

would like another striker to upgrade ulloa, target man maybe. some protection for if vardy and mahrez suffer injuries so maybe a striker 

that apart, save money for the summer window when we know what we are competing in next year. the new tv deal and our finishing position this year means we are going to be in the market for more talent and to upgrade further

Agree with you on the Schmeichel & Albrighton lines. Dont really know the others but take your word for it.

I think Crouch might be on the move this transfer window. Maybe Leicester could step in for him if a short term deal could be worked out. I have a feeling he will go Palace or West Brom though.

The TV money is not to be sniffed at. I think this is so much help for the teams outside the 'big 4 or 5'.

Life has no rebuy options
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2016, 01:34:26 PM »

the tv money in the PL is shallow, everyone gets a lot of the pot compared to some european leagues

as the pot is now so big it raises all ships. we can buy players who we could never have dreamed of getting

stoke can get afellay, shaqiri etc

every L club is in the top 30 richest in europe

apart from barca, madrid, psg etc the super clubs even leicester, stoke, west ham etc are competitiive in the transfer market against anyone else

this is why the liiverpools etc are going to have to overpay for talent, they are competitng against 20 clubs in england not 3 or 4 for these guys

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2016, 01:43:51 PM »

Might have asked you before, Tighty, but just how good is Ranieri?

He does this "bumbling fool" act, but I suspect he's pretty shrewd tactically.

The rest of the League have had time to suss his tactics now,. but he's still able to get results.

Those 2 results at WHL should not be under-estimated, Spurs are well organised these days & a very fine team. There were some grumbles from one of the Spurs players, "hit & chase, bla bla", but what strikes me is the team spirit, they all give their best & play for each other. It sort of reminds me of Clough's first Derby Team, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Don't see any prima donnas there, either. Can you imagine, say, Ballotelli there?   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2016, 01:48:13 PM »

very shrewd tactically, especially within games. on several occasions his changes of formation/substitutions have changed games

when he joined he brought in an italian assistant but very cleverly i thought left the pearson team intact. really helped make sure last season's finish wasn't wasted by "starting again"

he knows we don't have the quality to dominate possession, so he really ramped up in tactics and incoming transfers our ability to transition quickly from back to front.

the pace in the team, and kante's ability to interrupt opponent's attacks, is the key variable

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2016, 01:51:09 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35322127

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2016, 01:54:08 PM »

Incidentally, they enjoyed a nice piece of good fortune this week, Huth scoring in the 83rd minute, & Arsenal conceding in the 90th minute produced quite a swing.

It all evens out in the end though.

Best EPL season in recent years, not even close. If the quality has declined, & maybe it has, that would not bother me.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2016, 01:57:30 PM »

Might have asked you before, Tighty, but just how good is Ranieri?

He does this "bumbling fool" act, but I suspect he's pretty shrewd tactically.

The rest of the League have had time to suss his tactics now,. but he's still able to get results.

Those 2 results at WHL should not be under-estimated, Spurs are well organised these days & a very fine team. There were some grumbles from one of the Spurs players, "hit & chase, bla bla", but what strikes me is the team spirit, they all give their best & play for each other. It sort of reminds me of Clough's first Derby Team, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Don't see any prima donnas there, either. Can you imagine, say, Ballotelli there?   

Vertonghan came over as very sour grapes.  I loved that result as for the first time I'm confident they can make top 4 and spice the league up a bit.  Would love it if someone else could as well.  Stoke.  Even Spurs I guess.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2016, 10:49:07 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2016, 12:42:27 PM »

Chelsea want to bring former manager Claudio Ranieri back to the club, according to reports.

Italian newspaper Tuttosport claim owner Roman Abramovich is considering swooping for the Leicester coach in the summer after Guus Hiddink leaves.

Ranieri was sacked by Abramovich back in 2004 following four years at the club and was replaced by Jose Mourinho.

But given Ranieri's impressive form with Leicester this season, the Russian owner is now contemplating whether to give the Italian a second chance.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »

Chelsea want to bring former manager Claudio Ranieri back to the club, according to reports.

Italian newspaper Tuttosport claim owner Roman Abramovich is considering swooping for the Leicester coach in the summer after Guus Hiddink leaves.

Ranieri was sacked by Abramovich back in 2004 following four years at the club and was replaced by Jose Mourinho.

But given Ranieri's impressive form with Leicester this season, the Russian owner is now contemplating whether to give the Italian a second chance.

2nd chance? He wasn't given a first chance hoe he snubs them

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2016, 05:00:06 PM »

I assume Greece don't want him back?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2016, 08:13:22 PM »

We go top overnight

two points dropped with a missed penalty a few players, Huth and Mahrez notably, below par

44 points, and onwards

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: