blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338755 times)
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2016, 01:00:23 PM »

Probably been discussed before... What's mahrez's valuation in the current market if he was to be sold in the summer ?

I think 30-35
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 07, 2016, 01:03:36 PM »

Long may it last. It's absolutely revitalised the EPL.

The EPL was like totally vital before Licesster became top of the table. It will probably remain so when they're not

Yup, & now it's been revitalised.

It's like when I add Worcester Sauce to my Tesco tinned toms and a few pineapple chunks - adds a whole new dimension of excitement.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 07, 2016, 01:04:45 PM »

Probably been discussed before... What's mahrez's valuation in the current market if he was to be sold in the summer ?

I think 30-35

Higher

more than one club will want him, new TV deals, transfer market will be barmy

24 years old so if you sign him you get two contracts out of him.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2016, 01:14:17 PM »

interesting WBA have 10% relegation chances there.

After Arsenal, Leicester have very favourable run, 9 very winnable games almost all against lower half of the league teams. Really is very much in their hands now.

Leicester v Norwich

March 2016

Leicester v West Brom
Watford v Leicester
Leicester v Newcastle   
Crystal Palace v Leicester

April 2016

Leicester v Southampton
Sunderland v Leicester
Leicester v West Ham   
Leicester v Swansea      

Assuming it goes down to the last 3 games, Man United/Everton/Chelsea looks tough, but likely they won't have much to play for.

Well 6/9 are currently in the bottom half.  It does look a favourable run though.

Am I clutching at straws in the hope that Leicester playing mostly mid table/bottom half teams might work against them to a degree?

Reasoning being that yesterday they played with absolutely no pressure on their shoulders, City were expected to win, and this showed on the pitch as they just casually out played us. When they are playing the likes of Swansea, Newcastle etc, the pressure will be on Leicester to perform and ultimately win, esp as we come up to the business end of the season and securing 3 points every week will be crucial.

Yes I am clutching at straws Smiley

Best Bitter.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »

I've been thinking along similar lines although I hope it is not the case!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2016, 01:23:20 PM »

genuinely no pressure at all being felt

I do agree that if you are playing clubs scrapping its tough. Can't imagine WBA, for example, doing anything other than defending their 18 yard box and trying not to let Vardy in behind, or allow us to play on the counter

One thing i remain staggered about is that teams continue to defend quite high against us, only Liverpool on boxing day played it as you should against us, defend quite deep, let us play in front and double press Mahrez.

We are not going to score goals if you put two banks of four in front of us and tell us to break you down. put Vardy or Mahrez on the ball in space on the counter and its goodnight defenders.

yesterday man c were continually caught, full backs bombing on as well, so when kante/drunkwater wins it in midfield there is acres of space

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2016, 01:31:03 PM »

I do agree that if you are playing clubs scrapping its tough. Can't imagine WBA, for example, doing anything other than defending their 18 yard box and trying not to let Vardy in behind, or allow us to play on the counter

One thing i remain staggered about is that teams continue to defend quite high against us, only Liverpool on boxing day played it as you should against us, defend quite deep, let us play in front and double press Mahrez.

We are not going to score goals if you put two banks of four in front of us and tell us to break you down. put Vardy or Mahrez on the ball in space on the counter and its goodnight defenders.

yesterday man c were continually caught, full backs bombing on as well, so when kante/drunkwater wins it in midfield there is acres of space

This bolded bit is why I think you'll enjoy the Champions League more than the Europa.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2016, 01:42:46 PM »

Watched a bit of that Kante yesterday as I'd seen him namechecked a few times. Looks more than decent! Doesn't half cover the pitch. Great engine on him too.

I'm sure the pressure will be there to get over the line. It all still feels a bit fairytale at the moment, but fast forward to April and you're still top of the league, then it should kick in.... We're quite good at chasing, less so at being chased. Clutching at straws again Smiley

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2016, 06:19:10 PM »

interesting WBA have 10% relegation chances there.

After Arsenal, Leicester have very favourable run, 9 very winnable games almost all against lower half of the league teams. Really is very much in their hands now.

Leicester v Norwich

March 2016

Leicester v West Brom
Watford v Leicester
Leicester v Newcastle   
Crystal Palace v Leicester

April 2016

Leicester v Southampton
Sunderland v Leicester
Leicester v West Ham   
Leicester v Swansea      

Assuming it goes down to the last 3 games, Man United/Everton/Chelsea looks tough, but likely they won't have much to play for.

Well 6/9 are currently in the bottom half.  It does look a favourable run though.

Am I clutching at straws in the hope that Leicester playing mostly mid table/bottom half teams might work against them to a degree?

Reasoning being that yesterday they played with absolutely no pressure on their shoulders, City were expected to win, and this showed on the pitch as they just casually out played us. When they are playing the likes of Swansea, Newcastle etc, the pressure will be on Leicester to perform and ultimately win, esp as we come up to the business end of the season and securing 3 points every week will be crucial.

Yes I am clutching at straws Smiley

It's a fair point.  Let's take Watford v Leicester which I'll be at.  Flores is pretty negative even at home and will likely show Leicester full respect in his approach.  Watford are certainly beatable at home (lost 4 times I think) and Leicester might feel under pressure to push on if 0-0 after 60 mins.  Might play into a Watford type team's hands in an awkward away game.  Of course Mahrez/Vardy might have them 2-0 up by then.

To be honest I'll be half cheering for Leicester in this match if Watford are pretty much safe as what they might achieve here shakes the league up and gives everyone belief for the next decade.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 07, 2016, 10:44:55 PM »

Haway the lads.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 08, 2016, 02:25:53 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 08, 2016, 02:27:42 PM »

Small writing but interesting stuff

Basically when he arrived he soon realised the players were not interested in tactical nuances or variations.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 08, 2016, 02:52:57 PM »

its to his credit that he adapted so quickly and listened/watched and saw what they would and would not respond to

a very sage man indeed

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 08, 2016, 03:41:44 PM »

love this picture

Mahrez beats Otamendi on the way to scoring

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2016, 11:01:27 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/09/arsenal-wrong-scout-leicester-gary-lineker

anyway thats wrigglesworth at arsenal and mckenzie at spurs now from our vanuted scouting team

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: