blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 341333 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: September 15, 2016, 02:13:36 PM »

my understanding (from the ticket office at leicester) was that it is UEFA mandated, that the arrangement is in place for all visiting supporters. you pick up your match ticket in the host city at a pre-agreed landmark type location on arrival, with a 5pm deadline to do so.

have to make special arrangements to pick them up at the ground if you can't make it for 5pm

I don't think that's the case, I'm sure visiting fans at City don't have to have to collect tickets from a hotel or anything like that. I think it's mostly something that English clubs have adopted, for whatever reason.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong! Perhaps UEFA in the process of rolling it out across the continent and we are the guinea pigs?

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: September 18, 2016, 10:42:33 AM »

That was a good week. We dispatched Burnley in the style of a good side and now our home record in the league since our run the year before last is

W17 D7 L1 Goals for 50 Goals against 20

Slimani looks a really good player. Obviously a strong target man but his link up play and deft touches were something you don't get from target men i've seen.

Scored two goals, and most important of all allows us to play a different way where this season teams are defending deeper and the counter-attacking style is more difficult to play

Tougher tests ahead. we'll play the squad in the league cup against chelsea on tuesday, and would expect to go out. Old Trafford next week and Porto at home the midweek after.

As for Burnley, a bit more ambition please. Dropped a striker, played 5 across the middle and really had nowhere to go once they went behind. That's now 4 shots on target in three games. I think there are bad teams in this division, don't really see the point of trying to defend 90 minutes when you are going to need to win some games to be clear of the relegation zone
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:45:50 AM by tikay » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: September 18, 2016, 10:48:08 AM »

Thought Slimani (sp?) looked very sharp, a real natural poacher. Mahrez was in fine form, too, what a handful he is. The link up play between the two was excellent, from what I saw. 

Your back-up keeper looked handy, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1188 on: September 18, 2016, 10:55:20 AM »

Thought Slimani (sp?) looked very sharp, a real natural poacher. Mahrez was in fine form, too, what a handful he is. The link up play between the two was excellent, from what I saw. 

Must be a massive boost to a new signing to have a fellow countryman in the team.Pretty shrewd purchase in my opinion,looked pretty good.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: September 18, 2016, 11:14:45 AM »

Slimani did look good, but so did Musa in his first game.

What's happened to Musa?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: September 18, 2016, 11:18:41 AM »

Slimani did look good, but so did Musa in his first game.

What's happened to Musa?

On the bench, looked good in his substitute appearances.

Last season i would have loved Musa next to Vardy with all the space we were given to play in on the counter

this season, with teams 15 yards deeper, not as effective (on a small sample of game time) a partnership as you might have thought

which is why i think slimani is an expensive but sensible purchase and why Musa looks like Vardy's back up/impact sub at this stage, but its a long season and we have a lot more games to play compatred to last year (hopefully) 

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: September 18, 2016, 09:13:42 PM »

That was a good week. We dispatched Burnley in the style of a good side and now our home record in the league since our run the year before last is

W17 L1 Goals for 50 Goals against 20

Slimani looks a really good player. Obviously a strong target man but his link up play and deft touches were something you don't get from target men i've seen.

Scored two goals, and most important of all allows us to play a different way where this season teams are defending deeper and the counter-attacking style is more difficult to play

Tougher tests ahead. we'll play the squad in the league cup against chelsea on tuesday, and would expect to go out. Old Trafford next week and Porto at home the midweek after.

As for Burnley, a bit more ambition please. Dropped a striker, played 5 across the middle and really had nowhere to go once they went behind. That's now 4 shots on target in three games. I think there are bad teams in this division, don't really see the point of trying to defend 90 minutes when you are going to need to win some games to be clear of the relegation zone

We are at Burnley in the live game a week Monday.  Will be interesting to see how they approach it.  I assume they will go for it but it might be dangerous now we are in a bit of mild form and new players are bedding in well.  Haven't seen the odds yet but we should be favourites in my book.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: September 28, 2016, 11:17:09 AM »

Last night was a good night. A real goosebumps moment as they played the Champions League music before the start and the atmosphere crackled

Click to see full-size image.

We've been inconsistent this season, really struggling away at the bigger teams in particular (in my opinion playing too open and having no plan B when our counter-attacking threat is removed) but last night was a bit more like it in terms of defensive solidity and one piece of Mahrez magic created a chance for Slimani who buried another header

It was my first sighting live of the infamous ref Cuneyt Cakir too who brandished yellow cards like confetti and generally reffed like Windsor Davies in It ain't half hot mum.

What I hadn't realised until being involved as a fan in the champions league is how controlling the whole organisation is. Clubs aren't allowed to wear club sponsor branding on training kit. All sponsors references have to be removed at the ground.

eg on the image below the club had to replace all the king power stadium stuff with leicester city stadium and for what end?

No fan displays before kick off. Notice in the programme not to boo the champions league anthem. Strangest of all possibly, clubs cannot display the minutes gone in the match on the plasma screens. Most odd

Anyway 2 wins out of 2 in the competition. Copenhagen at home next and Southampton at home on Sunday

Southampton have to go to Israel for thursday, and our home form is very good so all being well back on track in the league at the weekend

My eyes are open wide
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1193 on: September 28, 2016, 11:20:53 AM »

Another terrific result. Was the match atmosphere good ?

Champions League home game , another one ticked off the bucket list Rich.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: September 28, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »

Another terrific result. Was the match atmosphere good ?

Champions League home game , another one ticked off the bucket list Rich.

it was a good atmosphere, and it is for every game

Much derided at the time and clearly a bit artificial for some, they hand out clappers for every seat and these both create a din and double up to be held aloft for displays before the game, which look good

of course its not like the old days which is both good and bad but i do enjoy it when we score and the whole stadium shakes. sitting in the back rows you actually feel the stand flex slightly

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 28, 2016, 11:31:46 AM »

^^^^

UEFA "demands".

Did you see the piece in The Times yesterday? Utterly fascinating.

I can't C & P it as it's behind a paywall, but it was an amazing piece.

Even the way the grass is cut, the width & length of the grass "cuts" & so on. Must be cut in straight lines, perpendicular to the touchline etc. 9 bands of grass in each half, 4 of which are at least 5.5 metres.

One toilet (with seat) for the Referee.

180 "Premium" car park spaces foe EUFA dignitaries & VIP's.

50 "comped" VIP seats & 330 "Best seats" for UEFA Partners & Guests.

What the Fox mascot can & cant wear. He may only be "slightly larger than a normal person". He must wear the Club's Champion's League kit including a "tail hole". (I kid you not).

Even the little boys & girls who come out on the pitch with the players. They must come out at 19.42 & 40 seconds, there must be 22 of them, between 7 & 9 years old, & between 1.05 & 1.35 metres tall.

The Home Club must give EUFA a match ball signed by the entire squad & coach, & one key players official home shirt.

And so on, 155 pages of that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 28, 2016, 11:41:21 AM »

i forgot the mascot one

our mascot is filbert the fox. in various guises has been around since the 80s

all bollocks obviously, but a popular figure

not allowed to be at the ground yesterday (first time i think in 35 years) as "too large"

of no importance at all but why the need for a rule like this?

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 15, 2016, 06:06:15 PM »

Dilly ding dilly honk

Leicester Tigers defence of their title parallels the Chelsea defence of theirs last year. To fun

Drinkwater for England anyone - whaffffff

sola virtus nobilitat
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 15, 2016, 07:09:46 PM »

Wes Morgan looks so so poor this year.

Poor Kasper getting a lot of practice.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 15, 2016, 10:10:24 PM »

Why did LFC fans boo Kante? Seems harsh considering what he did for them last year. Who can blame him for moving to a bigger club at his age?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: