blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:23:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338597 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: April 07, 2018, 11:30:51 PM »

Newcastle showed more ambition than I thought and in Lascelles have a terrific defender. Big strong physical team.

We were appalling. Wait til you see the non penalty decision for Mahrez though. A shocker I gather. Scythed down.

i havent seen the highlights yet as watching the masters but report i heard on radio from the pundit watching the match said the ref got it spot on,
annoyed me as i would of got an assist from marhez as my captain and a 2nd goal from vardy

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: April 08, 2018, 12:01:53 AM »

Newcastle showed more ambition than I thought and in Lascelles have a terrific defender. Big strong physical team.

We were appalling. Wait til you see the non penalty decision for Mahrez though. A shocker I gather. Scythed down.

i havent seen the highlights yet as watching the masters but report i heard on radio from the pundit watching the match said the ref got it spot on,
annoyed me as i would of got an assist from marhez as my captain and a 2nd goal from vardy

just seen it on the iplayer think if you asked 100 people 30 will say no pen 30 will say pen and 40 will say could be either

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 08, 2018, 12:02:34 AM »

I watched it back dummett caught him. Albeit needed to see it slowed down to see it. Ref in no position to give it but assistant ref was. No matter though, Newcastle deserved to win

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 08, 2018, 03:39:12 AM »

Yeah Lascelles is immense. We looked like we were going to be relegated he came back from injury and been a different team. Wouldn't be surprised if you tried to sign him to partner Maguire.

Both miles ahead of Cahill, Smalling, Jones and Stones isn't even in the squad today and Gomez is behind Lovren in pecking order. Doubt Lascelles gets even a call up though. Maybe Shelvey would be a good long term replacement for Drinkwater too.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: April 08, 2018, 08:27:57 AM »

Without Ndidi on the pitch Shelvey had all the time in the world. Losing Iborra was not great either although I thought Choudray took his chance well. Morgan, although a loyal captain is now well past his best and the rest looked as though they were already on the beach or not up for a trip to outpost in Eastern Europe next season.

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 08, 2018, 10:56:59 AM »

in better news

Jamie Vardy has scored in seven of his last nine Premier League games.this despite us stopping playing to his strengths!

My eyes are open wide
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: April 09, 2018, 01:27:32 PM »

Thoughts Tighty?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/08/claude-puels-methods-create-strained-atmosphere-within-leicester/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 09, 2018, 02:40:22 PM »

hello

the players caused significant problems for Ranieri post title win. resisted tactical changes, and quite an entitled bunch with strong characters

Puel is trying to change the style, pr at least have more strings to our bow. not just counter attack but more possession based. this has had mixed success, partly because the squad isn't set for it

eg there is no number 10 in the squad
eg Simpson isn't Cafu
eg Wes Morgan is 34 and can't distribute

etc etc

so would expect significant outgoings and incomings this summer anyway

we know Mahrez goes, and we know if Puel stays he'll need different types of player

if there unrest? i don't know but it sounds feasible

My eyes are open wide
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 29, 2018, 09:43:45 AM »

After the last few games of less than averageculminating in total disgrace yesterday, do you see CP being given the chance to stay and take charge of the summer transfer pot - which apparently is going to allow for wholesale changes. If they draw or lose to West Ham and then lose to Arsenal and Spurs I really don’t see it.

As ever though I think Rudkin needs removing whether CP stays or goes.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: April 29, 2018, 09:56:19 AM »

I have been quite hectic with Barcelona and now Montreal so anything i hear is worse than second hand

I gather the squad is disharmonious again. Which I don't necessarily defend but a manager has to have the personality/language skills to deal with it

There was a report from the local rag that at half time against Southampton (extremely boring to watch) Puel marched into the dressing room and applauded the players for the "perfect half of football"

It was 0-0 and we hadn't had a shot on target

The player who leaked this to James the journo said "the players just looked at each other and rolled their eyes"

He is trying to move on from the the likes of Simpson and Morgan (even to the extent of playing Albrighton at right back )preparing for next season and they are strong characters in that dressing room. So Morgan gets dropped for the first time in 5 years, then yesterday he is back in despite Dragovic (who is a better player than Wes these days) helping keep a clean sheet when he was back in.

Going to be a big summer. Changing the style from counter attack to possession based has some teething problems,he hasn't got the personnel for it yet. 

Mahrez will be off so thats the main creativity gone

Whether the owners (let alone the fans) will have the patience for it if we start next season poorly must be a huge question-mark

Agree on Rudkin, miles out of his depth but appears bullet proof

My eyes are open wide
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 29, 2018, 12:30:57 PM »

Some good valid points there mate.

I keep saying to myself “top half of the Prem is awesome for us” and try not to get carried away with what happened 2015/16 but that yesterday was appalling to watch and too much like the past when we would struggle in the top league. Irrespective of changing tactics I struggle at times to see the thought process behind certain selections and formation. I think Mahrez going might actually help - crazy thing to say I know!

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: April 29, 2018, 05:43:47 PM »

Leicester players are almost as militant as their imbecilic Watford counterparts!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: April 29, 2018, 05:49:46 PM »

Got a mate that wants to go to a leicester game next season when he comes to stay with me, what are the chances of getting tickets?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 29, 2018, 05:56:39 PM »

Got a mate that wants to go to a leicester game next season when he comes to stay with me, what are the chances of getting tickets?

getting better all the time

(outside the top six sides, decent)

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: April 29, 2018, 06:04:19 PM »

getting better all the time

(outside the top six sides, decent)

Cheers  thumbs up
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: