blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338711 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: July 07, 2018, 08:02:36 PM »

Liverpooo/Spurs surely go for Maguire now?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: July 07, 2018, 08:17:13 PM »

Liverpooo/Spurs surely go for Maguire now?

Think Tighty mentioned Man City on Twitter!
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: July 08, 2018, 03:00:21 AM »

Which would be madness. One of the fallacies of the World Cup is buying someone off the back of a small sample size of games who often plays in a system that isn’t replicated at whichever club they sign for. Maguire is having a great tournament but Pool/City don’t play with a back three (City did until Mendy got inured possibly) and Spurs did at times last season.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: July 08, 2018, 09:15:07 AM »

0% chance City are in for Maguire.

He's good, and having a great tournament, but he isn't at that level required to get in our squad.

Mahrez is on his way this week, though.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: July 08, 2018, 09:28:25 AM »

He's good, and having a great tournament, but he isn't at that level required to get in our squad.

Disagree

Pep is meant to be a big fan,particularly of the distribution.

we will see

Apparently we are signing Patrick Roberts. Don't think i have seen him play, obviously been in the SPL for two years. Views on him?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: July 08, 2018, 09:48:14 AM »

The best paragraph I've ever read on a game of football, jonathan liew on Harry Maguire's head https://ind.pn/2KFVGGn

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: July 08, 2018, 09:49:21 AM »

Disagree

we will see

Apparently we are signing Patrick Roberts. Don't think i have seen him play, obviously been in the SPL for two years. Views on him?

Maguire would be 5th choice, there's no chance we're spunking whatever it would cost (£40m+) to get him. He's good, but his game isn't as refined as our other defenders. Never heard or read about Pep singing his praises but happy to be corrected.

With him playing in Scotland, not seen much of Roberts myself Wink talented kid by all accounts but lets be honest, if he was a top draw talent then we wouldn't have farmed him out to Celtic for 2 years. I'm sure we'll stick in a buy back clause just in case he becomes a worldy.

Assume is part of the Mahrez deal?

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: July 08, 2018, 09:57:07 AM »

Disagree

we will see

Maguire would be 5th choice, there's no chance we're spunking whatever it would cost (£40m+) to get him. He's good, but his game isn't as refined as our other defenders. Never heard or read about Pep singing his praises but happy to be corrected.

With him playing in Scotland, not seen much of Roberts myself Wink talented kid by all accounts but lets be honest, if he was a top draw talent then we wouldn't have farmed him out to Celtic for 2 years. I'm sure we'll stick in a buy back clause just in case he becomes a worldy.

If City and Liverpool set the market (Laporte/VVD) at £65m, we won't be selling at £40m.

he might not be worth more i know, and you might say he's not the same quality, but we'll get top price with no contract run down concerns

I am told the Mahrez delay is his advisors insisted on a loyalty payment from LCFC before he left, we refused to pay. Not sure how that was resolved. Think its £60m straight and Roberts is seperate. Hope Mahrez does well. Lovely player and an all time great for us

the Pep liking Maguire story is quite widely talked down here amongst the local hacks. Story goes he took him to one side after one of our cup meetings last year (you won on pens) and told him how well he'd played, hoped he would get the chance to work with him, praised him for trying to play rather than hoof etc

About three days after that came out locally,the nationals ran with the Maguire to City story,January time

My eyes are open wide
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: July 08, 2018, 10:07:59 AM »

Disagree

we will see

A very talented kid who I really enjoyed watching. Tends to cut in from the right onto his left a lot, not sure that he has the physique to make it in EPL, suffered a lot from injuries and was very much a bench player as Forrest kept him out of the team last season.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: July 08, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »

The best paragraph I've ever read on a game of football, jonathan liew on Harry Maguire's head https://ind.pn/2KFVGGn

Thanks Rich, wonderful piece of writing, made my day reading that. Well almost. Very very good.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: July 08, 2018, 02:39:43 PM »

Disagree

we will see

If City and Liverpool set the market (Laporte/VVD) at £65m, we won't be selling at £40m.

he might not be worth more i know, and you might say he's not the same quality, but we'll get top price with no contract run down concerns

I am told the Mahrez delay is his advisors insisted on a loyalty payment from LCFC before he left, we refused to pay. Not sure how that was resolved. Think its £60m straight and Roberts is seperate. Hope Mahrez does well. Lovely player and an all time great for us

the Pep liking Maguire story is quite widely talked down here amongst the local hacks. Story goes he took him to one side after one of our cup meetings last year (you won on pens) and told him how well he'd played, hoped he would get the chance to work with him, praised him for trying to play rather than hoof etc

About three days after that came out locally,the nationals ran with the Maguire to City story,January time

Very much looking forward to having Mahrez in the squad. Some City fans are a bit indifferent about the deal but I think he'll be an excellent addition and offer very strong competition for those forward roles in the team.

I've not heard about any of these Maguire rumours (past or present), but we get linked with so many players that it probably just passed me by. I'm sure Pep does like him, he's doing his reputation no harm this summer, but I just don't see any situation where we get the chequebook out to try and sign him. We already have 4 fantastic ball playing centre halves, so he really isn't needed and he certainly wouldn't come cheap.

Given that we're on the brink of spending £110m, and we only got Laporte in January for north of 50 milly, I doubt it'll ever be anything more than paper talk, at least for the time being.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: July 09, 2018, 06:02:14 PM »

Roberts injury prone but a lot of talent will get goals if has a good run. Heard today it's part of the deal. Still not sure RM will be a starter every game but £60 mill is a lot but if he gets regular starts I'm sure it will be a good purchase. Hoping to sign a striker as I feel we are short off one more.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: July 09, 2018, 06:06:36 PM »

Regarding Harry Maguire, Still to early to make my mind up but impressed in his games for England. Stones Kyle Walker and Maguire looks good on paper though.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: July 09, 2018, 06:49:33 PM »

Roberts injury prone but a lot of talent will get goals if has a good run. Heard today it's part of the deal. Still not sure RM will be a starter every game but £60 mill is a lot but if he gets regular starts I'm sure it will be a good purchase. Hoping to sign a striker as I feel we are short off one more.

I doubt Pep will be in for a striker if we get Mahrez. As we all know, he loves his flexible attackers, so essentially the forward line will be any combo of Mahrez, Sane, Sterling, B.Silva, Jesus and Aguero. Dave and Kev have also played through the middle previously too.

See a lot of City fans say that we are short up top, but I think its a myth considering how we line up and how fluid our front 3 can be. There is also the problem of who would we sign? There aren't many available who possess the quality and skill set required to get in Pep's squad. I think this is exactly why Mahrez will be a great fit, assuming the deal comes off.

Scoring north of 100 league goals last season also suggests that we are far from short in the attacking aspect Smiley

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: July 09, 2018, 07:07:04 PM »

Yeah good point. 29,000 for Charity Shield. I'm doing the train Sunday early doors with my lad but staying over till the Thursday as on business in Kensington Tuesday and Wednesday. Green Man boozer designated to city so happy with that.

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: