blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:56:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338596 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: July 11, 2018, 08:27:40 AM »

That Steve Walsh did well

Kante - £5.6m into £32m
Drinkwater - £1m into £35m
Mahrez - £450,000 into £60m

Spend £7m, return £127m

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: July 11, 2018, 08:40:22 AM »

^^^^^

Extraordinary.

He lost his role at Everton I believe - is he currently available? If so, LCFC could do worse than re-engage him.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: July 19, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »

£12m for Danny Ward?

Comes in as competition for Schmeichel, apparently.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: July 19, 2018, 05:16:02 PM »

Transfer fees are crazy this year.  12m for Liverpool's 3rd string keeper.   Watford owners have pushed the boat out by signing Jack Rodwell on a free from Sunderland.
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: August 10, 2018, 10:12:52 AM »

Mahrez aside, which was a given, I don’t think it’s been too bad a window for Leicester.  Maddison, Pereira and Soyunca all tick the right boxes for me. Hopefully Puel can make it all work tonight at Manchester’s other club

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: August 12, 2018, 09:46:54 AM »

Puel really has two games to save himself?

Crazy really. To go to Old Trafford and dominate the game after going one down early. They all looked to know what was required and stuck to the script. Maddison is going to be a star too.

Dropping him for Martinez would be beyond ridic.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: August 12, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »

It was a very encouraging performance

Maddison will be in the England side in  a year and playing for a top six side at same stage too.

Puel has transitioned the style from counter-attacking to possession based, overseeing a big change of personnel

the side is young and exciting,and the process is not complete yet

it needs time

probably won't get time, which is why i thought 10-1 first manager to go was a runner

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: August 13, 2018, 01:39:02 AM »

I thought Maddison and Chilwell looked absolutely awesome, so exciting, Gray too. I bet him to be in world cup squad last year, I think he's a superstar and very underrated.

Simply can't play Wes Morgan I think, he's gone. Don't really rate Adrien Silva as much as others either.

Very exciting team to watch this year, will bet a lot on them and sweat them hard.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: September 15, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »

So after 5 games Tighty, what’s your thoughts on Puel and the rest of the season?

FWIW I think we have the makings of a very good team but today they seemed to be lacking in direction. Mendy is starting to fit in well and Maddison too. Chilwell does everything right until final delivery. Morgan getting sent off today forces Puel’s hand a bit at the back and hopefully Sol the Turk will get his chance now.

Next week’s game for Puel could be massive don’t you think mate?

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: September 15, 2018, 11:28:57 PM »

Maguire a different class.

Miss Mahrez

Chilwell is up there with worse players ive ever seen pull on a shirt

Maddison very exciting hope Leics dont ruin him.

Schmeichal solid.

Where do the goals come from? Vardy still sharp, but won a title playing counter now possesion based doesnt suit him, club in turmoil me thinks.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: September 16, 2018, 03:53:49 AM »

Chilwell worst ever? Think he’s England’s best left back. Think Gray is different class too

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: September 16, 2018, 10:16:32 AM »

Club in turmoil? Unfortunately Mr Kilsby, who lives or lived in Leicester has a perennial bugbear about his local team. Colours any judgement he has

We are adjusting from a counter attacking based style to one that has more possession and more strings to its bow. This process has its ups and downs and whether the owners have the stomach to see it through the inevitable bad runs remains to be seen,probably not. Puel is always going to be under pressure

Maddison is going to be a star. He's 21, playing week in week out in the 10 role behind the striker, a position England need help in, and I am not sure why we would ruin him? We are giving him, a young English player, a great opportunity which he is grasping. Great to watch.

Similarly Chilwell, who is an academy product, has supplanted Fuchs, now been capped by England and coming on nicely and yet apparently "is up there with worse players ive ever seen pull on a shirt". Don't mind different opinions but when they are so bad its difficult to take them seriously

He is not the finished article, and for all the attacking positions he gets into the end product needs to be developed but at some stage a top six side is going to pay big money for him

Of course playing Pereira and Chilwell at full back and asking both to bomb on has its risks, and yesterday both centre backs were exposed by the space left in behind

It is, as discussed on here in the summer, crying out for 3-5-2 with the two full backs as wing backs and the spare central defender to cover but he seems very reluctant to do this.

Until yesterday the season had gone as expected, lost at United and to Liverpool, beat Wolves (a touch fortunately) and at Southampton

One loss at Bournemouth, whilst disappointing, and out comes the garbage from the short term thinkers

if we lose at home to Huddersfield next week then no doubt Mr Kilsby will post again

My eyes are open wide
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: September 16, 2018, 11:10:50 AM »

Got to admit I did laugh at the “club in turmoil” statement. Chilwell is a superb player but just lacks that final touch at the moment. It will no doubt come in time. When I look at the array of talent we have now it’s very exciting. I just hope Puel gets the best out of them.

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: September 16, 2018, 09:24:53 PM »

Club in turmoil? Unfortunately Mr Kilsby, who lives or lived in Leicester has a perennial bugbear about his local team. Colours any judgement he has

We are adjusting from a counter attacking based style to one that has more possession and more strings to its bow. This process has its ups and downs and whether the owners have the stomach to see it through the inevitable bad runs remains to be seen,probably not. Puel is always going to be under pressure

Maddison is going to be a star. He's 21, playing week in week out in the 10 role behind the striker, a position England need help in, and I am not sure why we would ruin him? We are giving him, a young English player, a great opportunity which he is grasping. Great to watch.

Similarly Chilwell, who is an academy product, has supplanted Fuchs, now been capped by England and coming on nicely and yet apparently "is up there with worse players ive ever seen pull on a shirt". Don't mind different opinions but when they are so bad its difficult to take them seriously

He is not the finished article, and for all the attacking positions he gets into the end product needs to be developed but at some stage a top six side is going to pay big money for him

Of course playing Pereira and Chilwell at full back and asking both to bomb on has its risks, and yesterday both centre backs were exposed by the space left in behind

It is, as discussed on here in the summer, crying out for 3-5-2 with the two full backs as wing backs and the spare central defender to cover but he seems very reluctant to do this.

Until yesterday the season had gone as expected, lost at United and to Liverpool, beat Wolves (a touch fortunately) and at Southampton

One loss at Bournemouth, whilst disappointing, and out comes the garbage from the short term thinkers

if we lose at home to Huddersfield next week then no doubt Mr Kilsby will post again

Maybe my wording was harsh, but hey its a forum, so lets debate away!

My reasoning for club in turmoil- Won the premier league and have spent over £100million and got worse. The owners must be quite confused about the situation given their business background (they did the right thing reinvesting the money but its been spent poorly (Maddison excepted)

Trying to swap to a possession based system whilst having key players suited to counter attacking. Jamie Vardy is still the main striker there, but possession based football does not suit him, he is the BiTB at long ball or fast counter attacks but the new style doesn’t suit him, Liecs have no suitable backup for him upfront despite the money spent, give the owners lack of patience (Proven with Ranieri and Snakespeare) I doubt Puel will be give the time to turn it around, hence my club in turmoil comment. Perhaps harsh but I think you have to take a step back and think, the message is not clear to outsiders or the players.

Wth all the above in mind, I just worry that Maddison could be affected but can’t think of specifics but if a club is going through change after change as a you gster coming through it can be unsettling. Maddison is the future for sure and Im glad he’s getting game time.

Gray - Full of promise Im sure will be a big success if he sorts his attitude out

Chilwell - Ill never agree with anyone saying he’s a talent, I just dont see it but many do, It baffles and confuses me. He is so positionally unaware, rarely gets back into position, doesn’t have a strong tackle in him, his strengths lie in his going forward but his end product is non existant. Costs the team multiple goals as shown yesterday.

A forum post is just someones opinion, and as with most of life we will all have different ones, yours a positively biased and mine probably negatively so, thats what a forums for though.

Regards
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:26:27 PM by Killerkilsby » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: September 16, 2018, 10:43:11 PM »

Maybe my wording was harsh, but hey its a forum, so lets debate away!

My reasoning for club in turmoil- Won the premier league and have spent over £100million and got worse. The owners must be quite confused about the situation given their business background (they did the right thing reinvesting the money but its been spent poorly (Maddison excepted)

Trying to swap to a possession based system whilst having key players suited to counter attacking. Jamie Vardy is still the main striker there, but possession based football does not suit him, he is the BiTB at long ball or fast counter attacks but the new style doesn’t suit him, Liecs have no suitable backup for him upfront despite the money spent, give the owners lack of patience (Proven with Ranieri and Snakespeare) I doubt Puel will be give the time to turn it around, hence my club in turmoil comment. Perhaps harsh but I think you have to take a step back and think, the message is not clear to outsiders or the players.

Wth all the above in mind, I just worry that Maddison could be affected but can’t think of specifics but if a club is going through change after change as a you gster coming through it can be unsettling. Maddison is the future for sure and Im glad he’s getting game time.

Gray - Full of promise Im sure will be a big success if he sorts his attitude out

Chilwell - Ill never agree with anyone saying he’s a talent, I just dont see it but many do, It baffles and confuses me. He is so positionally unaware, rarely gets back into position, doesn’t have a strong tackle in him, his strengths lie in his going forward but his end product is non existant. Costs the team multiple goals as shown yesterday.

A forum post is just someones opinion, and as with most of life we will all have different ones, yours a positively biased and mine probably negatively so, thats what a forums for though.

Regards

why have they spent £100m and got worse? (apart from the results orientated idiotic comment that they won't win the league again - they should never have won the league in the first place)

They have all their major players under long contracts and they seem very savvy at ironing out the big fish with their manure experience with maguire.  They look massively top 10 rock solid for years.  Very jealous Stoke are not Leicester tbh.  Looks like a perfectly run 'lolbudget' club in the epl.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:48:52 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: