blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338637 times)
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: October 24, 2018, 10:05:21 PM »

Genuine question regards Schmeichel. Is his position under threat? I appreciate he was immense in the title winning season and that buys a lot of patience but, from a casual observer's perspective, his performances seem to have been below par for a while now. I don't see huge rafts of mistakes but I also don't see many saves that aren't routine for most keepers. Just strikes me that he doesn't often get talked about in the same way that some other members of the title winning team who are being transitioned out, yet he doesn't seem to be at the same level as previously demonstrated.

oh. i thought he had an excellent world cup and has been good so far this season and largely excellent even after we on the title when some other performances fell off. He never downed tools when Ranieri was under pressure

Genuine leader in the dressing room

weaknesses around distribution compared to the really top guys which didn't really matter when we were counter-attacking and he could punt it quickly to the other half for Vardy to do his stuff but trickier when the opposition is pressing you high and you are trying to play through them

I don't sense any pressure at all, nor have i noticed many clangers or a drop off in general.

We even bought Ward for £12m (an odd one, pretty sure we could have got a good number two for a lot less money) and he's no challenge either.

Heres comes the carnage!!’

Joking, this is as balanced as I can get.

Even me (the biggest supposed Leicester hater) can’t get behind the Schmeichal abuse. I actually think all things considered his distribution isn’t half bad, good shot stopper and solid world cup.

Can’t imagine Puel under pressure yet, but if Ranieri goes after that season who knows, even I can see they are in a transition phase.

Just to complete the hattrick of niceness the first 35 mins against Arsenal they were outstanding and it only took an incred 2nd half performance from the Gunners to change that game.

Still can’t agree on Chilwell Tighty, The pundits seem to love him and as do many Leics fans but time and time again he gives away possession up the field and is out of position his crossing is woeful (read he has put the most crosses in of anyone but isnt bagging a handful of assists ala Mendy of City.

In that Arsenal game I lost track of the number of stray legs/headers he did giving the ball away and I find him a complete liability.

Anyways, 3 good 1 bad comment is an improvement!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: October 25, 2018, 09:01:17 AM »

When he first emerged into the team,sharing time with Fuchs, his key strength was defending. he loved it and that at the age of 19

gradually he developed a marauding wing back type game and last season was first choice throughout

He's now played 45 Premier league games at the age of 21, three caps for England and been involved in England's set up right the way up from U15s (coincidentally my son played in the same milton keynes rep team as a 13 year old). He's actually highly unintelligent, its been football from really early,he was identified young (left footed helped) and isn't that rounded an individual (or wasn't back then)

What he sometimes misses is the end product, that final ball. No he's not a Mendy or an Alonso but he's 21 and could if he matures right be an assist monster as he gets in all the right positions and has pace to burn and i repeat, he loves defending too

now under contract til 2024 So if he continues to develop we'll get maximum value for him and in the meantime the advantage for him of playing for us is he is getting a lot of to flight experience at an early age rather than being loaned out for chelsea or understudying Rose at Spurs to give two mooted examples of who might want him

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: October 27, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »

Aaah that was disgusting. Poor lad.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 27, 2018, 08:46:51 PM »

What on earth has happened?!

Doesn't sound good Sad

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-leicester-city-owners-helicopter-13492007
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:55:37 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: October 27, 2018, 09:32:17 PM »

the pictures look horrible just hoping everyone got away safely

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: October 27, 2018, 11:12:00 PM »

It's impossible to overestimate the impact Leicester City have had on our city.

An immaculately run club, with owners deeply devoted to the local community, including donations of tens of millions to the LRI and local charities and delivering the miracle of the premier league win 

Tonight's crash is utterly devastating. We'll find out tomorrow who was on it.

My eyes are open wide
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: October 27, 2018, 11:53:45 PM »

Truly awful. Hoping for a miracle.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: October 28, 2018, 12:45:00 AM »

Rumours circulating Puel was in the helicopter
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: October 28, 2018, 12:55:24 PM »

Awful and devastating news for the families, club and city. Puts any result or rivalry  into perspective.

RIP all those involved in the helicopter crash.

Life has no rebuy options
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: October 28, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »

Truly awful situation, RIP to those poor souls.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: October 28, 2018, 11:27:11 PM »

I see it's finally all official now.
Just horrible.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: October 28, 2018, 11:40:41 PM »

So tragic.  R.I.P

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: October 28, 2018, 11:53:23 PM »

What a life lived though.

Gave so much.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: October 29, 2018, 06:55:24 AM »

Letter from Kasper Schmeichel;

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: October 29, 2018, 01:31:53 PM »

Vichai owned Thailand’s biggest Duty Free stores, King Power. A self made man, he started with a store and his success saw him moved up the ranks of the country’s list of wealthiest people.

Vichai was always a fan of the Premier League. He was a huge fan of Chelsea football club until an incident in 2005.

Prior to that, he was a regular with a VIP box at Stamford Bridge.

Apart from his frequent appearances at the Bridge. He also supported CFC by spending on an advertisement board.

However, in 2005, a CL home game (opponent not mentioned) the security at the bridge was more strict than usual. They treated him poorly, a scanner almost hit Vichai’s face in the process.

He was unhappy and the situation almost turned nasty until his son had to take him away.

He was extremely disappointed in CFC and how they treated a sponsor and a regular VIP ticket buyer in such manner. Especially when the club did nothing about it. So much so that he submitted letters to the club but he considered that no real actions were taken.

Vichai then decided he no longer wanted anything to do with Chelsea. No sponsorship, no tickets. He also told his son this,

“One day, we will buy a football team that will be able to beat Chelsea.”

Everyone thought it was a joke, Vichai didn’t.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:19:03 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: