blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:11:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338630 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: December 16, 2018, 08:45:03 AM »

Any thoughts after today Tighty?

nothing of any great import, I didn't go yesterday

Of course the knives are out. In part this is because he doesn't inspire a large part of the fan base and when things are not going so well the style, particularly in attack, is rather ponderous

In one sense any team outside the top 6 or 7 can go through poor runs

We haven't scored in three games and have had a combined five shots in target. Conversely in the last two games our opponents have had only three shots on target and scored them all

Of course our next run of games is

Man C home League cup
Chelsea away
Man C home league

so its entirely plausible we'll be 0 for 6 by the time Cardiff come in between Xmas and the New Year. Lose that, and i expect they will change

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: December 16, 2018, 11:10:23 AM »

Poor old Vards can’t buy a goal in open play at the moment. All strikers go through it at some point and no doubt when he gets one he’ll probably get three! Tuesday will be interesting in terms of team selection as realistically this is/was our best chance of getting some silverware.

I watch every game from up in the Sierras and it seems these days as if we are a bit Jekyll and Hyde. One week decent to watch and the next drab and littered with mistakes, irrespective of the quality of opposition. Ihneacho just doesn’t really do it for me and bringing on Shinji with a couple of minutes to go and looking at a formation change yesterday smacked a bit of desperation. A valid comment I’ve read over and over again is no Plan B.

I like in many respects what Puel tried to install when he came in but a year down the line it’s proving hard to see it working. I hate Palace as well!!

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: December 18, 2018, 02:45:32 PM »

How can Leicester possibly even think of resting key players for a League Cup quarter final ? Chance of a trophy here. What else this year?

Vardy is coming back from a groin, so could understand that 2 x 90 mins in 3 days is a stretch so maybe on the bench for the last 30 if needed (probable)

but for the rest, long shot as it is, the chance to win a trophy (three games away) starting tonight is more important than Chelsea away on Saturday. Unless things go drastically wrong, we aren't finishing bottom 3, unless things go drastically right we aren't finishing top 6

so the cups...if you get in a position to have a go try and win one please... 

Think we had exactly the same last year, exactly same game at the same stage, lost to Man C on pens, began with Mahrez/Vardy on the bench

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: December 18, 2018, 04:17:28 PM »

How can Leicester possibly even think of resting key players for a League Cup quarter final ? Chance of a trophy here. What else this year?

Vardy is coming back from a groin, so could understand that 2 x 90 mins in 3 days is a stretch so maybe on the bench for the last 30 if needed (probable)

but for the rest, long shot as it is, the chance to win a trophy (three games away) starting tonight is more important than Chelsea away on Saturday. Unless things go drastically wrong, we aren't finishing bottom 3, unless things go drastically right we aren't finishing top 6

so the cups...if you get in a position to have a go try and win one please... 

Think we had exactly the same last year, exactly same game at the same stage, lost to Man C on pens, began with Mahrez/Vardy on the bench

Hate it.  Watford would do the same.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: December 19, 2018, 09:46:05 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: December 19, 2018, 07:57:27 PM »

Ndidi’s pass to Albrighton for the goal was vintage Leicester.

X amount of Leicester attacks that ended up with a back pass to the keeper - typical Puel and that is why the fans are getting so frustrated.

7/4 fav next manager to go

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: December 23, 2018, 10:36:32 AM »

Well now

Suppose that has bought Puel another month

What a performance from our fullbacks, Pereira struggled defensively when he arrived but is light years ahead of Simpson in the attacking threat he provides

Chilwell developing by the match

Vardy's 95th Leicester goal in 250 matches and Maddison patrolling the space behind the DMs and in front of the CBs, looked a threat

Needed some luck but its only the second time i have seen us win there since i first went in the late 80s.

Manchester City next, normal service probably resumed!

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: December 23, 2018, 10:44:21 AM »

the transformation from possession poor, counter attacking champions to trying to out-create immediate rivals with more emphasis on possession is virtually complete.

Non-shot xG differential from passes and runs since 2017/18.

Data InfoGolApp

needs patience, can be a bit like watching paint dry, but this is what he is trying (without all the personnel to do it yet -needs a holding midfield passer in particular, hoping Choudhury might be it)

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: December 26, 2018, 04:52:54 PM »

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: December 26, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »

Fabulous!

and we deserved it too, tore into the champions for the last hour and caused havoc in between the lines and down their left flank

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: December 26, 2018, 04:54:42 PM »

Puel in!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: December 26, 2018, 06:28:57 PM »

Take nothing away from Leicester who fully deserved the win, but we were shocking. Really lethargic display, poor on the ball, little movement, created very little and most of the team had a game to forget.

Next 2 games could define our season; away at a resurgent Saints and then Liverpool at home. That has to be 6 points otherwise a white flag could be getting waived.

Who's that dude with the big hair who got subbed today? He was immense, an engine like Kante, didn't give us a second on the ball and was very surprised to see him taken off.

Was getting pretty tasty in the away end, that was providing more entertainment than what we could muster on the pitch!

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: December 26, 2018, 06:50:31 PM »

(@HamzaChoudhury): https://twitter.com/HamzaChoudhury?s=09

Academy product and could be very good indeed. Loves a tackle, great engine and Purl has changed the formation to include a third central midfielder to get him into the team, and we look more solid as a result

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: December 26, 2018, 07:14:58 PM »

Congrats Tighty.  The Leics story is great that it has kept going (unlike the Burnley one off freak season which looks like ending very badly potentially) over a few years and different gaffers.  Man City outside the top 2 after boxing day would have been a fair price on a request a bet.  Wonder if any Salford Red fans wlll pop up on twitter with a slip.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: December 26, 2018, 11:00:32 PM »

Puel still favourite at 2/1 for next manager to go despite the last 2 results, are things really that bad/fractured behind the scenes?

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: