blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:27:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338652 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: December 27, 2018, 12:21:46 AM »

Puel still favourite at 2/1 for next manager to go despite the last 2 results, are things really that bad/fractured behind the scenes?

No nothing to suggest that.tactically he got both the last two games spot on too.

Think he is safe for a while now

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 28, 2018, 10:18:49 AM »

more on Choudhury

His dad is from Grenada, his mum is from Bangladesh and now he's Leicester's new star after playing key role in their shock wins over Chelsea and Man City... meet football's new Asian pioneer Hamza Choudhury https://dailym.ai/2CC2VJJ

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: December 28, 2018, 06:57:28 PM »

Great talent, slightly unfortunate name.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 29, 2018, 04:55:15 PM »

Puel hokey-kokey?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: December 30, 2018, 12:29:02 PM »

Puel hokey-kokey?

Perhaps save the trolling until the result of your own match? ;-)

Completely different type of game. Played two defensive midfielders at home, struggled to pass through the lines, looked knackered throughout

Missed a penalty (in the good save category) then lost to a wonder goal in the 92nd minute

Bit of a coupon buster, and rather typical.

We still lack the passing range in midfield to unpick the teams who set up in two blocks and tell us to get through them.

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: January 06, 2019, 06:55:36 PM »

Puel picks a second string again and loses.  Given his job security status he's either very arrogant or very stupid.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: January 06, 2019, 07:01:07 PM »

Nothing wrong with the team selection after 4 games in 11 days,this time.certainly not compared to the League cup game at home which did feel odd

Vardy, Maguire etc had to be rested. Both have had knocks anyway.

Should have been strong enough to win, various players didn't perform notably those in attacking positions.

If probably your best player on the day then has a rain fade and wants to raise his arm in the box with 5 mins to go then you can't blame Puel for that.

My eyes are open wide
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: January 06, 2019, 08:10:19 PM »

Iheanecho really is showing why Man City were happy to let him go. Seems so far off the pace and disinterested. Bringing Matty back seemed a great move but honestly not sure what he was doing bringing Kingy on tbh. The man deserves more than a bit part as a swan song for a club he has served so well. Ghezzal scored a cracker but was poor otherwise.

Fair enough playing a weakened side through tiredness etc but do Iborra and Silva have it in their contracts not to play in Wales? And where is Diabate?

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: January 06, 2019, 08:14:36 PM »

Nothing wrong with the team selection after 4 games in 11 days,this time.certainly not compared to the League cup game at home which did feel odd

Should have been strong enough to win, various players didn't perform notably those in attacking positions.

If probably your best player on the day then has a rain fade and wants to raise his arm in the box with 5 mins to go then you can't blame Puel for that.

I am probably clouded by the substitution when the comms said the bloke coming off had not played for 15 months and the guy coming on hadn’t played since last year’s FA Cup (King for James I think).  After that I concluded that Puel didn’t give a stuff but maybe the rest of the team was strong and match fit.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: January 06, 2019, 08:15:39 PM »

Iborra is in Spain, about to move to Villarreal. Family not happy here

Silva they are trying to off load too. That was a cockup right at the start and it never recovered

Diabate not ready, loan candidate.

The signings from outside our league have been very hit and miss. Part of that comes with the territory, they might not settle etc. Part of it is just bad recruitment, I could see early on that Iborra couldnt play at the pace of our game and Silva was too lightweight

With hindsight, James was a mistake today

Harvey Barnes about to be recalled. Has to be a better option than ghezzal for PL match day squads currently

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: January 06, 2019, 08:19:12 PM »

James/king he can be got at for. But if you want to rest ndidi and Mendy and iborra and Silva are on their way then who else are you going to pic?

The rest was the team I expected him to put out

Ihenacho, okazaki, ghezzal etc proceeded to have stinkers.

My eyes are open wide
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: January 06, 2019, 08:49:51 PM »

Whether players are elsewhere or about to be off loaded they are still under contract and being paid so should be available to play. Of course they can be injured but that can also happen in the gym tomorrow morning. The reason I thought it was a good call with Matty is it gave him a chance to to start to re-establish himself in an “easier” game

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: January 06, 2019, 08:53:31 PM »

Don’t get me wrong Watford made 11 changes as well.  I just don’t get it though.  We will both come 7th to 13th in premier league.  Both will frown upon 7th because we will have to play reserve teams in Euro Cup as can’t be too careful about the league!

Just seems a miserable existence.  Watford will make 11 changes next round and lose.  Now Leicester are out you will end up with 6 games in 8 weeks in February/March when next rounds plus international break is on.  Is it too much to ask players to play a few extra FA Cup games?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: January 06, 2019, 09:52:30 PM »

Changes this weekend

Watford: 11
Bournemouth, Palace, Man Utd: 9
Arsenal, Brighton, Burnley, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Man City, Spurs: 8
Leicester, Cardiff: 7

Only Fulham, Southampton, West Ham (6) and Everton (5) made fewer changes than LCFC. As it happens, only two of them won.

We just didn't play well up front, the question here was not team selection per se but lack of squad depth of sufficient quality.

If Vardy is ever out for a prolonged spell, our prospects drastically worsen

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: January 06, 2019, 10:21:28 PM »

Plenty of champ clubs changed players even League One sides changed players

I am led to believe a lot of managers get put under pressure to start reserves/squad players in cup games from the agents.

Even so money talks and end of day a cup loss means less pressure on a manager than a league one will.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: