blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:20:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 166916 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 14, 2016, 05:13:30 PM »

Julian Gardner in the running.

Doesn't play much nowadays, but there can't be a more successful UK player in the main event down the years than him.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 14, 2016, 06:26:51 PM »

I thought Li'l Dave was eliminated, is that another David Nicholson from Leeds?

It must be, Ralph - the "Lil Dave" we know from blonde, & who qualified Next Door, definitely bust on Day 1a. Very odd that there are two Dave Nicholson's from Leeds. Or maybe not.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 14, 2016, 06:35:16 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

I have read that this is legit but i still don't believe it. Horrendous fold.

Pardon me asking, but how can you possibly know that was a "horrendous fold"?

The geezer has 34 WSOP cashes, several WSOP Final Tables, & he won a WSOP Bracelet last week. He also has a £300,000 cash for 3rd in the UKIPT Grand Final in London, & a list of cashes stretching back to 2005.

He's also a seriously aggro player, not scared to get his chips in.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=51645

On the face of it, that's a decent CV - far better than you or I - & right or wrong he must have had good reason to make the fold.

I really don't think we can auto assume it was a "horrendous fold" from the comfort of our armchairs, can we?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:48:22 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2016, 06:49:22 PM »

I thought Li'l Dave was eliminated, is that another David Nicholson from Leeds?

It must be, Ralph - the "Lil Dave" we know from blonde, & who qualified Next Door, definitely bust on Day 1a. Very odd that there are two Dave Nicholson's from Leeds. Or maybe not.

It could be just picking up the wrong name.  His surname might be Nicholson and from there, computer says David Nicholson, Leeds.  LilDave's twitter suggests he isnt playing the main anymore.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 14, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »

The geezer has 34 WSOP cashes, several WSOP Final Tables, & he won a WSOP Bracelet last week. He also has a £300,000 cash for 3rd in the UKIPT Grand Final in London, & a list of cashes stretching back to 2005.

That's a decent CV - far better than you or I - & right or wrong he must have had good reason to make the fold.

I really don't think we can auto assume it was a "horrendous fold" from the comfort of our armchairs, can we?

I once sweated Devilfish in a PLO game at the Aviation many moons ago.

He bet out quads on the river and Jon Shoreman of Poker Europa fame raised the pot. A French guy overcalled and Dave insta mucked.

Shoreman had the straight flush.

"There was a tiny chance Shoreman had top full house when he raised" said the Fish "but when Frenchie called, he must have had that, so Shoreman must have the straight flush"

Not quite the same as above, but still an impressive fold IMO.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 14, 2016, 07:01:24 PM »

That's a decent CV - far better than you or I - & right or wrong he must have had good reason to make the fold.

He bet out quads on the river and Jon Shoreman of Poker Europa fame raised the pot. A French guy overcalled and Dave insta mucked.

"There was a tiny chance Shoreman had top full house when he raised" said the Fish "but when Frenchie called, he must have had that, so Shoreman must have the straight flush"

Is Jon still around, he used to play the mixed cash games at The Vic, but I've not been there for a while?

As a general rule, when Jon raises there, I'm a-folding, he rarely seemed to get it in bad in big spots.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 14, 2016, 07:02:39 PM »

The guy has the 2nd nuts.  Just because he has quads doesn't mean he can't fold them right depending on the action. 

Most important question though was he right to fold?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 14, 2016, 07:09:16 PM »

The reporting doesn't tell us enough about the action. It might have been the tenth raise on the river. 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 14, 2016, 07:10:00 PM »

Is Jon still around, he used to play the mixed cash games at The Vic, but I've not been there for a while?

As a general rule, when Jon raises there, I'm a-folding, he rarely seemed to get it in bad in big spots.

He was at the Vic last time I was there.

But that was about 2 years ago.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 14, 2016, 07:12:28 PM »

The guy has the 2nd nuts.  Just because he has quads doesn't mean he can't fold them right depending on the action. 

It's a live read situation, so we are never going to know that one. Sadly. Stats would help on bet sizes.

I am sure we all have stories of having made hero folds where it's gone well and where it certainly hasn't.

The real question for me is, if you were the pot winner, would you show:

1) if you had  
2) if you had  
3) if you had  
4) if you had   Two Diamonds

Option in the first case just to show one card, too, of course.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 14, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »

It's a live read situation, so we are never going to know that one. Sadly. Stats would help on bet sizes.

I am sure we all have stories of having made hero folds where it's gone well and where it certainly hasn't.

The real question for me is, if you were the pot winner, would you show:

1) if you had  
2) if you had  
3) if you had  
4) if you had   Two Diamonds

Option in the first case just to show one card, too, of course.

I think we can say it was bad.  Even if he just does this with kings and a straight flush, the odds say we must call.  I thibk he overthought it.  It is pretty hard to get a read between kings full and a straight flush.   

Fella has been playing too much omaha.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2016, 07:20:41 PM »

It may well have been a terrible fold, but we'll never know I suppose.

We need more info though, as Tal bloke & Argue suggested.

When we delve a little deeper, & look at the guys CV, it just suggests he's no fool, & would have had good reason (in his own mind) to find the fold.

Doobsy makes a fair point though - Mr Hero/Horrendous Fold plays a lot of PLO & PLO8, where the ranges are very different indeed, & where that would be a reasonably standard fold. 

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 14, 2016, 07:28:24 PM »

Pretty sure the geezer has a much better handle on PLO/NL ranges than any of us discussing it here does given his herbie!  Sure he is capable of flicking a switch between the two games and realising the pretty simple fact that the second nuts in NL is much more likely to be winning than in PLO right? 
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2016, 07:37:26 PM »

Didn't Vicky C-M fold quads vs Flushy a few years ago? If I'm right, I think she was right, with Flushy showing.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2016, 07:38:08 PM »

Its idiotic to judge the hand from hearing quads have been folded. I'm inclined to agree with Doobs but he seems like a good player who is very confident at the moment so who knows.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: