blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 166497 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 17, 2016, 03:24:29 PM »

Yeah, they certainly did their best to see who could come off the worst in the last 2 episodes.

I've not been a fan of the tanking/yapping, however, that's his prerogative, and he can do what he pleases.

Certainly not going to dissuade him from doing it, when they all start losing their minds over it, lol.

Even got Effel on tilt, with that ruling Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 03:50:07 PM by Marky147 » Logged

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #766 on: October 17, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »

Kassouf is like Simon Cowell or Gordon Ramsey, annoying when he is over here, a fricken legend when he is Stateside annoying the locals.

FWIW I don't think he did anything wrong in any of these contentuous hands
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 17, 2016, 03:38:37 PM »

Effel has come across as a massive douche. Like you read about it, but this is pretty much confirmation.

I didn't think the floor's "one player per hand" comment could be beaten in patheticness but the kid with the "I'm so sorry you had to go through that" comment def took it. Cuck of the year 2016

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 17, 2016, 06:24:59 PM »

lol watching more and they claim they're going after him due to what they read online?! That he made the 'woman' cry?! haha bunch of White Knights, pathetic

" woman " she looked like Pete burns imo
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 17, 2016, 07:07:54 PM »

Kassouf is like Simon Cowell or Gordon Ramsey, annoying when he is over here, a fricken legend when he is Stateside annoying the locals.

FWIW I don't think he did anything wrong in any of these contentuous hands

God Bless America
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 18, 2016, 12:47:17 PM »

Will got proper stitched up. They even edited it to make it as a narrative of tension building up against him. Leaving in all the snarky comments and the chatter that is usually edited out. Josephy came over as a grumpy and not very nice old git. In the end they were all just talking when they weren't even in the hand. As far as I'm concerned if you aren't in the hand you can do one thing, call clock if it is too long, that's it.

The one person per hand comment from the floor was so odd. It made no sense. And then Effel coming over and having a chat with him during the hand. I mean if you are going to have a word with him (incorrectly imo) then fine - but surely you've got to do it after the hand and not while the hand is in progress? Then after being held up by several minutes, which they caused, they are then having a go at Will for taking too long! Obviously I know he busts, but if I didn't know, I'd be rooting really strongly for him to make the final. He's got a personality and is making it interesting. Surely that's what people should want. Don't threaten him with penalties!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 18, 2016, 01:35:38 PM »

Whilst the mob mentality was unedifying it's no real surprise that people get tilted, including the TD, when someone is going out of their way to achieve just that.

Reap what you sow and all that. edited down will can appear entertaining, 10 hours of it and I'd want to poke my eyes out and be pretty happy calling him out for pissing around with the game

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 18, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »

I'm sure Will's tanking/talking may well piss you off after 10 hours of it, but that's what he wants. get under their skin and get them to make bad decisions.

I thought he played them brilliantly, Effel just comes across badly as do some of the players who were just embarrassing with their bleating.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 18, 2016, 01:58:19 PM »

There were no winners from that table and the appeal of poker to the wider audience diminished
considerably with this being the showcase event.

Would have defended Will in the previous episodes but can understand why so many of his table mates
got increasingly frustrated with him. Especially when he started stacking all his low denomination chips to
call a raise. That was just childish.

Thought Joesphy in his interview got it about right. They just want to play poker , look at your cards , decide
what you want to do and act. Pretty simple thing to do.

He was always going to fold those 3's as well but time banked it down to the last second just to annoy everyone.

If everyone could see the whole unedited version it might have put a better perspective on it as far as the stalling
tactics went and how frustrated people got.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 02:06:08 PM by bookiebasher » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 18, 2016, 02:05:22 PM »

Whilst the mob mentality was unedifying it's no real surprise that people get tilted, including the TD, when someone is going out of their way to achieve just that.

Reap what you sow and all that. edited down will can appear entertaining, 10 hours of it and I'd want to poke my eyes out and be pretty happy calling him out for pissing around with the game

Always amazes me that amongst all the guff you post, sometimes you absolutely hit the spot. Only occasionally, like, but well worth the wait.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 02:08:24 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 18, 2016, 02:05:37 PM »

I'm sure Will's tanking/talking may well piss you off after 10 hours of it, but that's what he wants. get under their skin and get them to make bad decisions.

I thought he played them brilliantly, Effel just comes across badly as do some of the players who were just embarrassing with their bleating.

I know that it's what he wants and it may not be outside the rules but it still makes me think the behaviour is boorish and deserves pulling up. Fwiw, I like him and happy to while away an hour or so in his company in a bowl comp. But, am happy liking him and thinking he's a boorish (expletive deleted)at the poker table too

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 18, 2016, 02:07:34 PM »

I know that it's what he wants and it may not be outside the rules but it still makes me think the behaviour is boorish and deserves pulling up. Fwiw, I like him and happy to while away an hour or so in his company in a bowl comp. But, am happy liking him and thinking he's a boorish ct at the poker table too

Go steady, you're destroying your trolling/sensible post ratio Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 18, 2016, 02:09:04 PM »

I know that it's what he wants and it may not be outside the rules but it still makes me think the behaviour is boorish and deserves pulling up. Fwiw, I like him and happy to while away an hour or so in his company in a bowl comp. But, am happy liking him and thinking he's a boorish ct at the poker table too

No no, he has a bit up his sleeve yet.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 18, 2016, 02:09:20 PM »

Oh man. I dialled it back and you quote Smiley

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 18, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »

Oh man. I dialled it back and you quote Smiley

Haha, good job you've got broad shoulders.

What's the worst he could do? Show you his coconuts...

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: