blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:31:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 166542 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: September 22, 2016, 09:31:22 AM »

to say she was 85% calling is pretty ridiculous too...

that being said, fuck her life what a ridiculously tilting hour for her.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 22, 2016, 09:41:18 AM »

When the Will Kassouf hand was reported I thought what a massive knob - they made it sound like he was properly goading her then after the hand he properly threw it in face whereas in reality he did nothing of the sort.

1000% If the opponent in the hand was a male (or the protagonist was an american) absolutely nothing would have happened I'll bet anyone anything on that.

If anyone should get a penalty its the women for tying to get his hand killed for some speach play - speach play is part of the game and whatever you think of WK's table nonsense it was definitely having an affect on her. Thereports at the time made it sound like he was really going at her but all he was saying at the start was a mixture of "I want you to call" and "it's a friendly table, if you fold and show I'll show you."

Jack Eifell this was pathetic.

What makes her attempt to get his hand killed even worse is she knows from her job that killing his hand would be incorrect. Interesting to see the reality vs what the sites reported on the day.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 22, 2016, 10:16:00 AM »

When the Will Kassouf hand was reported I thought what a massive knob - they made it sound like he was properly goading her then after the hand he properly threw it in face whereas in reality he did nothing of the sort.

1000% If the opponent in the hand was a male (or the protagonist was an american) absolutely nothing would have happened I'll bet anyone anything on that.

If anyone should get a penalty its the women for tying to get his hand killed for some speach play - speach play is part of the game and whatever you think of WK's table nonsense it was definitely having an affect on her. Thereports at the time made it sound like he was really going at her but all he was saying at the start was a mixture of "I want you to call" and "it's a friendly table, if you fold and show I'll show you."

Jack Eifell this was pathetic.

What makes her attempt to get his hand killed even worse is she knows from her job that killing his hand would be incorrect. Interesting to see the reality vs what the sites reported on the day.

She provides dealers for the WSOP, which you'd worry about from an independent ruling perspective. 

I thought she came off pretty badly.  No time for people trying to get hands killed so they can win the hand without playing poker, and this looks a pretty bad example of it.  It was weird how the commentator said she took her exit well in the circumstances.  She clearly did a large amount of moaning during and after this hand, and I have seen people get their aces cracked with a bit more grace.  Will have to wait to see how Kassouf reacts to the KK vs AA hand as it sounded pretty unpleasant at the time.

I also thought that Eifell didn't seem to fully know what was going on, but some of the discussion could have been lost in the edit?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #753 on: September 22, 2016, 11:32:05 AM »

From the reporting at the time he got the penalty for the last few hours of build up it wasn't related specifically to this hand.  Obviously tv section edited to make it into a one off drama episode, I think he deserves a penalty for the hand waving childishness alone, TD gives you a warning and tells you something and you do whatever you can to try to make a point to not do as your told. Rule1 should come into play.

If her providing dealers is a problem then she cant play right? otherwise there's no way for someone to deal cards to her or anyone to get a ruling.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 22, 2016, 11:40:08 AM »

I do agree that once he's warned he should stop. However the warning wasn't justified at all imo.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 22, 2016, 11:45:07 AM »

Poker Podcast with Negreanu about that one round penalty at the WSOP Main Event and speech play/table talk as a powerful weapon/tool in poker

Kassouf features at the 27 min mark

http://fullcontactpoker.com/fcp-podcast-episode-3-featuring-william-kassouf/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 23, 2016, 04:57:31 AM »

He didn't appear to know the full story as he asked the first floor shown on camera to cede control to him. He then promptly marches Will away,  before telling him what he meant by his own hand gestures before bizarrely sticking his face into his watch before barring an actual conversation. One of the most awkward things I've seen and something that should be shown to all people in customer service roles as what not to do. I'm not sure if he expected Will to act the naughty school boy or what but it really came across as bizarre.

*aware it may have been edited. Just check how close Jack's nozzle gets to his watch face.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #757 on: September 23, 2016, 01:25:41 PM »

I do agree that once he's warned he should stop. However the warning wasn't justified at all imo.

based on this hand/footage right? as at the time it didn't appear to be particularly related to this hand which is the point.

I definitely think more talking should be allowed at the table, but I also think he earned his penalty.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 23, 2016, 07:17:42 PM »

The problem with WK's table talk is that his verbal diahorrea is so constant that you cannot actually think your decision through. I have been on the receiving end of this and luckily my decision was easy, but otherwise it would have been a nightmare. It's knobs like this that mean you have to take headphones to every tournament. Granted he's not offensive, but he doesn't play fair IMO. He also tanks loads and often ends up open-folding, sigh.
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 24, 2016, 01:25:32 PM »

Definitely agree with the above point re opponent not being given an opportunity to think, which to me seems to be the tactic - overwhelming the opponent with chat in the hope they'll make the wrong decision.

He also comes across  as a complete tool -'9 high like a boss' - is he 15 years old? Then repeating it to his 'mates'
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 24, 2016, 03:02:59 PM »

Definitely agree with the above point re opponent not being given an opportunity to think, which to me seems to be the tactic - overwhelming the opponent with chat in the hope they'll make the wrong decision.

He also comes across  as a complete tool -'9 high like a boss' - is he 15 years old? Then repeating it to his 'mates'

9 hi lik a baws if he waz 15
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 25, 2016, 11:23:54 PM »

My 2 cents on the WK thing

To start, I really don't have much time for Will. Not because of the speech play etc, lots of people do that, I mean I'm super chatty at the table. It's more because his aim seems to always be to piss people off as much as possible and bend the rules as much as he can to achieve that. I think if you set out to piss people off and try to subvert the rules that inherently makes you a poor advert for the game and a dick. I think we might see a bit of that in later episodes, and he seems to be a fan of pointless tanking which I really dislike too.

Now that's out of the way, as much as I wanted to like this ruling, I just can't. I don't think Will has done anything out of line to deserve the initial warning. He's not taunting her, he's not insulting her, he's not swearing or being abusive in any way. So I think the initial ruling that he had to be quiet, after which she immediately spoke, was very ool. Can you imagine trying to get that sort of ruling against Negreanu? Absolutely no chance. Feels like extremely blatant favoritism in her favor.

That said, once he's been given the warning, I think he sorta deserves the penalty. Yes, he's been badly done to, but he's then proceeded to keep interacting with her and obviously bending the rules by gesticulating at her is so clearly asking for it. Jack handled himself awfully and came across like a dick as well, clearly not understanding the situation himself. Will was definitely not taunting her at any point. If he'd said something like "you're getting a penalty because you were told not to speak and you knowingly tried to bend that rule, and we can't have that" then I'd be happier. It did very much come across that Will wasn't originally going to get a penalty, but Jack gave him one because he didn't like him. Obviously this is dreadful and a pretty poor advert to overseas players coming to the WSOP if they're going to think rulings will go against them because they aren't American/famous, and I kinda feel like this is what's happened.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:27:07 PM by Rexas » Logged

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 26, 2016, 11:38:45 PM »

Having watched episodes 5 & 6  tonight I think WK came across much, much better - the fact they based both shows primarily around him showed his entertainment value. He comes across as annoying in a harmless way on a bad day, and someone who can make a table worthwhile on a good day.
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 17, 2016, 02:14:52 PM »

Just watched the latest episodes, will def be railing against JonnyBax and Vayo, and very pleased to see Moss never made the Nov9 after his Parrot comment, knob. Also Harrington couldn't confirm his low life status any harder if he tried, proper knob.

So much respect for Will right now, did really well to keep his cool around this lynch mob
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:20:28 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 17, 2016, 02:28:32 PM »

lol watching more and they claim they're going after him due to what they read online?! That he made the 'woman' cry?! haha bunch of White Knights, pathetic

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: