blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:24:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 166791 times)
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: October 20, 2016, 12:00:32 AM »

The tit that came out with the "One player per hand" comment. He lost all authority with everyone on the table when he said that.

I'm suprised ESPN/WSOP didn't edit that out. Although i suppose he did say it about 9 times.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 20, 2016, 12:28:06 PM »

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2016/10/jack-effel-william-kassouf-wsop-espn-interview-26106.htm

Jack makes some decent points here and redeems himself somewhat in my view.

Will I felt was hard done by but he forced the players and the TD to "draw the line for him" as Effel puts it. That being said, he handled the rulings and the mob very well - it must have been infuriating to be told he wasn't allowed to ask Moss "do you want me to call" etc when heads up facing his all-in - when he knows that simply isn't the rule.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 20, 2016, 02:30:47 PM »

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2016/10/jack-effel-william-kassouf-wsop-espn-interview-26106.htm

Jack makes some decent points here and redeems himself somewhat in my view.

Will I felt was hard done by but he forced the players and the TD to "draw the line for him" as Effel puts it. That being said, he handled the rulings and the mob very well - it must have been infuriating to be told he wasn't allowed to ask Moss "do you want me to call" etc when heads up facing his all-in - when he knows that simply isn't the rule.

Good to hear you say that Mr Alex of the Posh.

I get that the Will thing was awkward, & maybe, just maybe, Jack may have handled it differently. It was not easy though, was it, handling a livewire edge pusher like Will?

Having said that, who'd do Jack's job? Trying to please & placate thousands of poker players, not all of whom have an O level in social skills, & many of whom think they know how to run a 70 event Series.

It's a tough gig, & if he got one or two decisions wrong, so be it. I bet he made a thousand or more rulings during the Series, & I'd be surprised if he got 5% wrong.

It's a bit like Team Armchair saying Pep or Arsene have made bad Team Selections. Nobody in their right mind is going to think they know better than the guys who have been doing their job well for years, do they? They just don't. End of.

google & 2+2 are full of "Another disgraceful ruling by Effel". Disgraceful, my arse.

I've watched Jack at work for many years, & I think he does a difficult job pretty well, & I can't think of many who would do it better. Maybe his critics are less able to see both sides of the coin as well as Jack. Because there ARE 2 sides to every story. 

Was quite surprised at Lil Dave suggesting it was time Jack got another job. I could not disagree more with The Hon Nicholson. Dave has educated us about the other side of the table in the Restaurant Business, & it's been a fascinating read. Maybe, though, we should recognize that being a TD also involves more than most of us realise.  

Anyway, pausing for breath, that interview was excellent, I thought.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:33:08 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 20, 2016, 03:29:09 PM »

Thought from the coverage Will played amazingly well, definitely the best out of everybody. He was a little out of line in some spots tanking but all in all I think he came across ok. He didn't resort to the levels of his childish opponents and kept playing focused and making sure he wasn't making any mistakes.

Unlike his American competitors who are still playing 2013 poker he was thinking of options on every street and using different Sizings, different lines etc etc

Vayo blatantly lied to enhance the mob mentality with the "I wouldn't say a word but I saw him berate a woman to tears" which was completely false and aggravated the other guys. Moss told him he has an iq of a parrot and Josephy kept chanting clown at him.

I'd take Will as a person over them and as a player.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 20, 2016, 03:40:31 PM »

I've just re-watched Episode 12 and listened to the podcast.

He's just a dick.

Thoughts on the other players at the table?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 20, 2016, 03:49:56 PM »

I didn't say that teacake...respect for JE however he is not in my experience a fair person, I've witnessed with my own many timed eyes heavy favoritism towards well known players, especially Americans.

I am not alone in this view either, so I am not surprised WK got it  hard from JE.

I think he has a bit of a needle with brits in general.

Just my opinion.

Having said this though WK brings the whole thing on himself by ridiculous needless antics.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 20, 2016, 04:08:39 PM »

I didn't say that teacake...respect for JE however he is not in my experience a fair person, I've witnessed with my own many timed eyes heavy favoritism towards well known players, especially Americans.

I am not alone in this view either, so I am not surprised WK got it  hard from JE.

I think he has a bit of a needle with brits in general.

Just my opinion.

Having said this though WK brings the whole thing on himself by ridiculous needless antics.

My apologies Dave, my bad. You actually said....

"I don't think Jack Eiffel handles it all that well".

Which is a different thing altogether, sorry.

My point remains the same though - every poker player thinks they can do Jack's job better than Jack. And I disagree. Players should play, TD's should TD.

How often does a football referee get dissed from the strands? How often do they get praise from fans?

Like your explanations of the Restaurant game, it's not as simple as it looks to customers. Dissing is so so easy.

It WAS a very awkward spot, & I think the PokerNews piece showed that to non-myopics.  

How many decisions does he have to get wrong out of a 1,000 to be seen as a poor TD?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 20, 2016, 04:14:29 PM »

What about Caesers owning one of Stacys companies and Jack being side by side there with her as a colleague? What about her finding out what Kassouf had in hands from production crew and "whispers" what about Kassouf getting extremely unfair treatment in the middle of hands?

He was trying to play a 35-40%+ vpip whilst having the whole circus around him, of course he's the clown, he's the own trying to run the table and crush their souls every hand (as he seemed to do in every single hand thus far) there's just so few people capable of raising the river with AQ or buffing with 9 high (like a boss) he isn't just randomly clicking buttons or doing random thjngs, he's calculated and that takes time. The whole tanking before fold marginal hands is ridiculous too though, if people saw the stream he was opening j7 from ep and 3betting 86o. He wasn't wasting time a lot of the time he was genuinely thinking
Of how to exploit this really poor group of players. Almost a travesty he gets the cooler in next weeks episode.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 20, 2016, 04:22:56 PM »

What about Caesers owning one of Stacys companies and Jack being side by side there with her as a colleague? What about her finding out what Kassouf had in hands from production crew and "whispers" what about Kassouf getting extremely unfair treatment in the middle of hands?

He was trying to play a 35-40%+ vpip whilst having the whole circus around him, of course he's the clown, he's the own trying to run the table and crush their souls every hand (as he seemed to do in every single hand thus far) there's just so few people capable of raising the river with AQ or buffing with 9 high (like a boss) he isn't just randomly clicking buttons or doing random thjngs, he's calculated and that takes time. The whole tanking before fold marginal hands is ridiculous too though, if people saw the stream he was opening j7 from ep and 3betting 86o. He wasn't wasting time a lot of the time he was genuinely thinking
Of how to exploit this really poor group of players. Almost a travesty he gets the cooler in next weeks episode.

What about it?

The ref in the Liverpool - Man U game the other night was a Manchester lad, does that automatically mean he was a wrong 'un?

Don't think we can infer a thing from that scenario.

When we start grasping at straws so thin, it's time for tin hats.

I get all the "Will is great & outplayed everyone", no argument. He didn't help himself though, did he? Someone has to draw a line somewhere, that's the job of the TD, not the players. He's not there to be popular, either.

I've been on the wrong end of homer rulings in Vegas many times, hell, I've had three separate time penalties levelled against me in Vegas, & I'm not exactly Will when it comes to speech play. I'm a Brit in the USA, bias is alive & well, lets get used to it.

You've played poker in France, surely? Jeez, now we are talking homers.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 20, 2016, 04:36:31 PM »

Thought Eiffel's mistake was he got sucked into the emotion of the situation, diving in with a biased opinion to appease the wishes of the mob. I get what Tikay is saying about tough job and nice guy but really some of the stuff he was saying was pretty stupid. I mean he was asking WK to make the poker game more enjoyable for his opponents, sheesh that brought a tear to my eye. Throughout this tournament WK has been blatantly picked on and bullied because he is tilting his oppos, which to my mind is decent skills if you're a speech-playa.

For sure WK isn't an agreeable fellow and if I was a ss at the table I would speak up but in a friendly way so I could influence the fella to do what I wanted. Opponents openly tilting and Eiffel trying to play sheriff only added serious fuel to his fire and nothing changed. The guy was loving it. Nine high like a boss! I mean sure if I was ss i'd be pissed but not openly and would just try and make good decisions, one thing I wouldn't do is flip my shit at the felt calling people a clown. Seems everybody wants a nice & friendly poker game, perhaps with a slice of homemade apple pie but sometimes there are challenges to deal with.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 20, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »

Gordon vayo was probably angrier n frustrated  at his poor hole cards !
As his stack was rapidly diminishing and wk was slowing it down ,he turned his frustration on will ,which prompted the others to do similar
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 20, 2016, 05:25:29 PM »

Lol just read the article Tikay, makes me think Effel is even worse and completely out of touch. Lol at the Bleznick comments. Outrageous

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 20, 2016, 06:52:03 PM »

What about it?

The ref in the Liverpool - Man U game the other night was a Manchester lad, does that automatically mean he was a wrong 'un?

Don't think we can infer a thing from that scenario.

When we start grasping at straws so thin, it's time for tin hats.

I get all the "Will is great & outplayed everyone", no argument. He didn't help himself though, did he? Someone has to draw a line somewhere, that's the job of the TD, not the players. He's not there to be popular, either.

I've been on the wrong end of homer rulings in Vegas many times, hell, I've had three separate time penalties levelled against me in Vegas, & I'm not exactly Will when it comes to speech play. I'm a Brit in the USA, bias is alive & well, lets get used to it.

You've played poker in France, surely? Jeez, now we are talking homers.

Why does it matter if the ref was from Manchester? No one from Manchester actually supports united, innit.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 20, 2016, 08:53:24 PM »

And yes obviously the ref in Liverpool/Man United should not be from Manchester.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 20, 2016, 08:54:26 PM »

Thought Eiffel's mistake was he got sucked into the emotion of the situation, diving in with a biased opinion to appease the wishes of the mob. I get what Tikay is saying about tough job and nice guy but really some of the stuff he was saying was pretty stupid. I mean he was asking WK to make the poker game more enjoyable for his opponents, sheesh that brought a tear to my eye. Throughout this tournament WK has been blatantly picked on and bullied because he is tilting his oppos, which to my mind is decent skills if you're a speech-playa.

For sure WK isn't an agreeable fellow and if I was a ss at the table I would speak up but in a friendly way so I could influence the fella to do what I wanted. Opponents openly tilting and Eiffel trying to play sheriff only added serious fuel to his fire and nothing changed. The guy was loving it. Nine high like a boss! I mean sure if I was ss i'd be pissed but not openly and would just try and make good decisions, one thing I wouldn't do is flip my shit at the felt calling people a clown. Seems everybody wants a nice & friendly poker game, perhaps with a slice of homemade apple pie but sometimes there are challenges to deal with.

All of This

Great Post Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: