blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:14:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 166811 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 17, 2016, 08:33:06 PM »

I agree with what's been posted in that it's not that bad, but that he should do as he's told by the TD, pretty simple.

My only gripe with Will is that he slows the game down so pathetically.

Hope he wins it, then I can update my pathetic poker claim to fame from "I knocked Liv Boeree out of a UKIPT" to "I once called the clock on The WSOP ME Winner as soon as action was on him".

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 17, 2016, 10:34:01 PM »

Costs nothing to have manners.

Kassouf should learn some.

Good luck to Middy and Max Silver.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 17, 2016, 10:48:33 PM »

approaching the first break on day 6

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 17, 2016, 10:50:46 PM »

That Valentin is a prize tool, pls don't let him final. ESPN footage will confirm.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 17, 2016, 10:52:06 PM »

Wsop updates currently showing 8 Brits left out of 64 remaining... I'm guessing 800ish Brits didn't enter, to have 1 in 8 left is some ratio
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 17, 2016, 10:53:28 PM »

386 UK players entered the main.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 17, 2016, 10:59:31 PM »

That Valentin is a prize tool, pls don't let him final. ESPN footage will confirm.

Ha, that reminds me of the year I went deep, spent half my time telling people on 2+2 what those left in were really like :-)

Congrats on your run Alex.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 17, 2016, 11:09:41 PM »

Will is an rec with a real job, he plays poker to let off steam from his ego law job Monday to Friday. He would probably admit he has run miles ahead of the curve and just plays for the craic.  Good luck to him .  He owes nothing to the game because for every one of him there are the other 99 who are equally untalented are donors to the game long term and are allowed to do what they want as they pay the pros wages long term. This one just got lucky. Let him enjoy it,  it will make great viewing in November if he gets there.

If he never had his first bink years ago in Ireland he wouldn't even be playing poker anymore.  He is the classic survival bias rec.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 17, 2016, 11:16:15 PM »

Will is an rec with a real job, he plays poker to let off steam from his ego law job Monday to Friday. He would probably admit he has run miles ahead of the curve and just plays for the craic.  Good luck to him .  He owes nothing to the game because for every one of him there are the other 99 who are equally untalented are donors to the game long term and are allowed to do what they want as they pay the pros wages long term. This one just got lucky. Let him enjoy it,  it will make great viewing in November if he gets there.

If he never had his first bink years ago in Ireland he wouldn't even be playing poker anymore.  He is the classic survival bias rec.

Don't care about his backstory, manners still cost nothing.

Channing talls all the time too, but he never ever crosses the line.

Kassouf doesn't even know where the line is.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 17, 2016, 11:23:40 PM »

If he never had his first bink years ago in Ireland he wouldn't even be playing poker anymore.  He is the classic survival bias rec.

Neil is a 20 year pro will is a rec.  Neil quite happily lets recs talk shit etc when they are losing in games,  will is still losing long term he is just one of the 1% who runs ahead of the game via survival bias.  The difference is will wins real cash so people think he should behave like a guy who needs poker to make s living,  poker is just like a night down the pub to will.  He pays his money talks his shit and enjoys himsoef
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 17, 2016, 11:33:30 PM »

If he never had his first bink years ago in Ireland he wouldn't even be playing poker anymore.  He is the classic survival bias rec.

Neil is a 20 year pro will is a rec.  Neil quite happily lets recs talk shit etc when they are losing in games,  will is still losing long term he is just one of the 1% who runs ahead of the game via survival bias.  The difference is will wins real cash so people think he should behave like a guy who needs poker to make s living,  poker is just like a night down the pub to will.  He pays his money talks his shit and enjoys himsoef

Is it impossible for him to have fun without being rude and upsetting people?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 17, 2016, 11:36:27 PM »

Not sure Will still has a job, or has had one in the last few years.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 17, 2016, 11:43:57 PM »

Is it impossible for him to have fun without being rude and upsetting people?

Course it isn't impossible but this is his personality.  He expects to win given his career, he gets paid to talk shit for a living why would you expect him to be any different at something he isn't as good at as his career?  He likes competition and will push edges to extremes like most lawyers will to gain any edge they can.  If he was losing chunks to games people wouldn't comment.  Ew wise he prob is a loser long term but 1% of these guys will win in cash terms long term that's gambling,  me and you amongst numerous others are on the other side of variance and pretty much stopped playing poker because we need to eat week to week.  I stand by what I say without his first big bink in Ireland he would have quit poker years ago.  Class survival bias rec. good luck to him.  He is perfect for the game.

If he was as good as me and you Keith he wouldn't have been s lawyer in 2008 he would have been beating even worse players than we were every hour of every day in £500 stts!  He got lucky we didn't and kept his job and had a couple of binks to kid himself he is a player. He can afford it and has been spending the houses money since Ireland in 2009. Why would the biggest rec ever stop when it's a hobby,  good luck to him,  he is the perfect advert for gambling wish there were more of him around to suck idiots unto playing on betfair day in day out.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 11:55:58 PM by arbboy » Logged
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: July 17, 2016, 11:51:17 PM »

his twitter says he's solicitor + Pro Poker player Cheesy

talking is fine, comparing him to Channing is laughable Neil sits reading the paper whilst Will talks for 101% of the time. 10 minute speech for him to open fold preflop. it's the accumulation of all that time wasted that is the problem and what is obnoxious about what he does, not necessarily what he says.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 18, 2016, 12:17:19 AM »

Does it really matter show much whether someone who is rude is a winner or not? Obviously the pro would be shitting where he eats but I'm not sure because someone loses money I'd let them act however they want.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: