blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:39:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668966 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »

is the vast majority of what Sanders wants impossible while Ryan is speaker?

If Obama think he had problems with Republican houses...

Came across this article which made much the same point as you, though in relation to Clinton. Gridlock is likely with a Democrat President and a Republican House led by Ryan preventing each other from implementing their programmes.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/06/nobodys-discussing-the-biggest-campaign-issue.html
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2016, 01:19:00 PM »

This ad is going to haunt Trump. It shows numerous examples of the liberal or moderate positions he had taken over the years and is designed to alienate conservative voters. He has since changed his position on some of these issues and he clarified his position on others in his book, but some of the clips shown are very recent. The views he expresses seem very rational in most cases, bu that won't do him any good.

The ad has been put out, not by arch-conservatIves, but by Mitt Romney's Deputy Campaign Director from the last election, ie it has come from the mainstream in a blatant establishment attempt to damage him.

Man, says so much that they have to portray him as normal, centrist in European terms to make him unacceptable

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2016, 06:19:10 PM »

I never understood Fiorina's campaign. She was supposedly standing up for the middle classes against the political establishment, though it's hard to project an anti-establishment image when you've been CEO of a Fortune Top 20 company. She challenged Clinton on women's rights, but she was caught out lying in the debates several times by subsequent fact-checking by the networks, most shockingly when she suggested that her daughter died from marijuana abuse when it was actually prescription drugs and alcohol.

I just couldn't get the point of her campaign. What was her message? She never seemed to be able to get any momentum or catch the headlines, but I'm not clear whether she had anything to say. Is there a message in this vacuous ad, apart from trying to change her image, maybe?

The only time she really hit the headlines was when she was ignored in a diner by a woman eating her breakfast, which got more exposure than anything Fiorina said in her whole campaign.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2016, 09:10:04 PM »

Jeb! Bush stamps his authority on some no-mark who interrupts him by sitting down on his own and eating his yoghurt.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:13:19 PM by MintTrav » Logged
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2016, 05:30:27 PM »

Smiley

http://www.theguardian.com/books/gallery/2016/feb/12/donald-trump-wig-of-evil-guy-larsen-in-pictures

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2016, 08:42:58 AM »

Supreme Court justice Scalia has died overnight.

He was a very right wing republican justice, see Vanessa Selbst Twitter for more.the court is currently 5-4 in favour of republicans. Obama a democratic president would love to get a very liberal replacement approved by the senate. But that is republican so no chance - the republican senators are now wanting to delay the nomination until after the election so that they hope a republican president can pick right wing replacement.

This will be a big fight in the election

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2016, 08:53:43 AM »

Is it true that he said:  "Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached"

Ive  seen it widely  quoted, but it cannot be a real quote... can it?
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2016, 09:56:30 AM »

Is it true that he said:  "Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached"

Ive  seen it widely  quoted, but it cannot be a real quote... can it?

It's a bit of a read

http://news.lawreader.com/2008/08/30/barry-miller-widely-published-scalia-quote-re-innocense-is-inaccurate-we-have-to-agree/

The summary is he didn't say it. What he said contained elements of it and you might not agree with it but he wasn't 'quite' so harsh in reality as the quote suggests.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2016, 10:12:42 AM »

Some analysis (not new, from Nov. 14) on how tough it will be for Obama to get a liberal SCOTUS nominee confirmed:

http://53eig.ht/1r0GMpl

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2016, 10:13:00 AM »

Obama is expected to face fierce resistance to any nominee to replace Scalia http://politi.co/1oaWyTq  |

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2016, 10:13:16 AM »

Scalia's death sets up big election-year battle: Obama's choice of successor could tilt court to left. http://cnn.it/1oAokJr

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2016, 11:17:56 AM »

Can he force it through with an Executive Order? And, even if he does, can the next President undo it?

Where does last night's Republican barfight leave the race? Trump clearly wants anarchy in order to show himself as the political outsider. Cruz, Rubio and Bush want a more normal, soundbyte-laden, quasi-political natter. Carson won't be there in a few months.

The more this silliness goes on, how plausible is it that the establishment and the GOP populace turn to Kasich?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2016, 05:28:52 PM »

this the moment Trump showed his true colours..As a Democrat? Wapo think he lost the debate but might be wiliest yet....

http://wpo.st/7xSB1

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2016, 02:52:25 PM »

Republicans put on most explosive debate yet - a take on the weekend's TV Trumpathon http://capx.co/T897Z 

My eyes are open wide
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2016, 04:21:29 PM »

Can the Supreme Court operate with 8 judges? Are those against voting in someone new before the next election proposing that the supreme court shuts down for the best part of a year?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: