blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:39:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664776 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 21, 2016, 06:15:59 AM »

Looking forward to this on Saturday!

Yep. Clinton has a very light schedule of appearances this week. She had a packed day on Monday, but not much for the rest of the week, with none at all on Tuesday and Friday. At first I thought there was something health-related, but she is obviously spending the time preparing for the first debate.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/20/politics/hillary-clinton-debate/

She was on Jimmy Fallon last night, but that wasn't exactly tough, and was just lots of joking about, and she did say that she hadn't been doing much, on Dr's orders.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 21, 2016, 06:24:12 AM »

That sounds insane, but would be com if it worked.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 22, 2016, 12:11:26 AM »

Can Trump win? Right now, there only seems to be one way. I have given him everything possible below and he just shades it, but there is no room for slippage. To start with, he absolutely has to win both Florida and Ohio or it is over. He seems to have a grip on Ohio now, but Florida is very much in the balance. In the last two weeks, polls there have reported Tie, Clinton+1, Trump+4, Clinton+2, Trump+4, Tie, Clinton+5. Make of that what you will. Florida is one of the most fascinating races - I'll do some notes on it later in the week.

Colorado, Nevada and North Carolina are up for grabs. He had an 8-point lead in the last Iowa poll, but was behind in previous ones, so the position there isn't clear. Despite the close polls, Arizona and Georgia are likely to come home in the end, though Arizona has now been borderline across numerous polls.

All the States in Clinton's column are looking safe, whereas all but one of Trump's is wobbly, so the battles will be fought on his territory, which is never a good position to be in.

In the end, it seems it will come down to Colorado, Nevada, North Carolina and Florida. He needs them all.

Normal          2012                 College Votes             Latest Poll          Solid/Weak
                 Trump       Clinton

Locked-up States                    164           197

Swing States
Georgia                    Rep           Rep                  16                         Trump+3           Weak
Arizona                    Rep           Rep                  11                       Trump+1           Weak
North Carolina            Rep           Rep              15                         Tie           Toss-Up
Colorado                  Swing           Dem                    9                         Trump+4           Toss-Up
Nevada                    Swing           Dem                    6                         Trump+3           Toss-Up
Ohio                      Swing           Dem                  18                         Trump+3           Weak
Florida                    Swing           Dem                  29                         Clinton+5           Toss-Up
Iowa                      Dem           Dem                6                         Trump+8           Solid
Maine    Dem           Dem                    1              3           Clinton+2           Solid
Wisconsin          Dem           Dem                                10           Clinton+2           Solid
Virginia          Rep           Dem                                13           Clinton+3           Solid
Michigan          Dem           Dem                                16           Clinton+4           Solid
New Hampshire              Dem           Dem                                  4           Clinton+9           Solid
Pennsylvania              Dem           Dem                                20           Clinton+9           Solid

Total                                                                          275            263  

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 12:13:29 AM by MintTrav » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 22, 2016, 12:33:23 AM »

He's going to do so much winning, the public will be sick of it...

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 22, 2016, 04:30:51 AM »

Don King is a rich negro.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 22, 2016, 06:44:51 AM »

The Donald would like your help.

In preparation for next Monday's debate, the Trump campaign has issued a survey

You can let them know what issues he should bring up, even if the moderator doesn't, and so on.

This is your opportunity to have an input to the debates that may decide who will be President of the World for the next four years.

Foolishly, they have given an empty free-text box after each question, which is bound to lead to some entertaining responses.

Make sure you think carefully about Question 1.

https://www.gop.com/debate-prep-survey/
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #681 on: September 22, 2016, 08:37:20 AM »

The Donald would like your help.

In preparation for next Monday's debate, the Trump campaign has issued a survey

You can let them know what issues he should bring up, even if the moderator doesn't, and so on.

This is your opportunity to have an input to the debates that may decide who will be President of the World for the next four years.

Foolishly, they have given an empty free-text box after each question, which is bound to lead to some entertaining responses.

https://www.gop.com/debate-prep-survey/

That was fun, I thought my idea of needing more fake tan was particularly helpful.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 22, 2016, 01:58:33 PM »

I see they have renumbered the questions. Last night, every question was numbered 1. Now this comment makes no sense, as pointless and annoying as a Trump insult.

I'm not sure how much they will learn from this survey. Surely most Trumpophiles will answer Yes to every question. They are hardly going to say that he shouldn't bring up any of the issues listed. I think they might have learned more by asking people to rank the issues according to how important they are to them.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 22, 2016, 04:46:54 PM »

I suggested that the idea that Michelle Obama would be inserted as the candidate was nonsense, even if there was a vacancy, which I still think is the case this time around. She could be back though.

She is the most prominent of Clinton's surrogates, appearing on every show you can think of and doing her heartfelt speech thing all over the place. She always seems to be close to tears at some point in every speech - reminds me of the old joke about how you've got it made if you can fake sincerity.

I'm sure she could be a candidate in the future. The internet is full of people asking for just that - try Googling Michelle2024.

Seems strange that it keeps coming back to a few families from a population of over 300m. It must be horrible for people who work their way through all the lower-level dogfights and finally reach a point where they can really make a difference and get some recognition, only to be blocked by a parachuted-in celebrity candidate.

At this point, Michelle is loved in a way that Hillary isn't, but she hasn't had to argue issues on her own behalf - she can cherry-pick Barack's successes to talk about on the shows. She will need a tougher image if she does go for it.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 22, 2016, 05:17:56 PM »

And she was good on 'Carpool Karaoke'.

Get her into the Oval office now Grin

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 23, 2016, 04:47:47 AM »

It's in the humour section. Mildly unfunny stuff though, only noticed after seeing the author's other articles.

Wonder what the likelihood of serious election fraud being committed by either side is. Hard to say if it hasn't already.

http://observer.com/2016/09/former-democratic-congressional-candidate-says-hillary-stole-nevada/

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 23, 2016, 08:53:48 AM »

I do like Michelle Obama, she does have the X Factor and you can see her appealing to a larger share of the electorate than Mrs Clinton. 

Much of this is a show and through her efforts on popular media Michelle has created a persona that makes her likeable if she enters politics when Barak steps aside I can see her going far.

Totally agree on the nepotism angle of American politics though.   

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 23, 2016, 11:13:46 AM »

Trump's debate preparation survey: refer to 'crooked Hillary on stage' or not?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/22/donald-trump-debate-preparation-survey-supporters-input?CMP=twt_gu

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 23, 2016, 12:18:16 PM »

It's in the humour section. Mildly unfunny stuff though, only noticed after seeing the author's other articles.

Wonder what the likelihood of serious election fraud being committed by either side is. Hard to say if it hasn't already.

http://observer.com/2016/09/former-democratic-congressional-candidate-says-hillary-stole-nevada/

Of course it's humour. I didn't think it was necessary to flag that.

There are many flaws and discrepencies with the US voting systems but I think the likelihood of serious election fraud is extremely low.

As the New York Observer (and observer.com) is owned by Ivanka Trump's husband, I'll take whatever it says with a very large pinch of salt. http://www.mediaite.com/online/%E2%80%8Bny-observer-endorsement-of-trump-far-worse-than-just-absurd-conflict-of-interest/
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 23, 2016, 01:11:57 PM »

Until yesterday, Kathy Miller was Chair of the Trump campaign in Mahoning County in the swing State of Ohio.

Now she has been forced out by media hounding from the PC brigade.

All she did was give an interview and say it's black people's own fault if they haven't been successful.

Oh, and that there was no racism in America before Obama came along. Shocked

Now, she's lost her position. Political correctness gone mad.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: