blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:09:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664731 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 01, 2016, 03:41:32 AM »

Just wow :O

How do these people get so far?

He had no real opposition (once Jesse Ventura decided not to run). He has a massive background compared to the other options  and he was endorsed by all the leading Libertarians, including Ventura, Drew Carey, both Penn and Teller and Marvin Bush (brother of Dubya and Jeb), plus just about everyone who has ever held office in the Libertarian Party. When you consider that one of his two main opponents was John McAfee (as in the anti-virus software), who is literally insane (and I do mean literally), you can see why he crushed them. That party desperately needs better candidates.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 01, 2016, 05:07:28 AM »

Speaking of the Libertarians, trading votes is on the agenda.

1. One idea is that a Libertarian in a swing State could swap votes with a Clinton supporter in a safe State, so the Libs get their national percentage, but Clinton doesn't get underminined.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/opinion/anti-trump-republicans-dont-waste-your-vote-trade-it.html?WT.mc_id=2016-SEPT-FB-InternationalHIGHMC-AUD_DEV-0920&WT.mc_ev=click&ad-keywords=AUDDEVGate&_r=0

2. Another idea is for a Democrat supporter and a Republican supporter, who both hate their options this time, to be matched, with both voting for Johnson, so they can avoid supporting a candidate they don't like, without undermining their party.

It's a clever tactic, but would it work?....
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 01, 2016, 06:16:19 AM »

Throughout its history, USA Today has never endorsed a candidate for President. This was its opinion page yesterday.

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/09/29/dont-vote-for-donald-trump-editorial-board-editorials-debates/91295020/

Its not alone. Numerous conservative newspapers, which have always endorsed Republicans, have endorsed either Clinton or Johnson.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/conservative-newspapers-breaking-tradition-abandon-trump-n656911
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 01, 2016, 10:08:31 AM »

I think Trump can have whoever he likes in the room to prepare for the debates, it won't fix the problem. His problem is that he is actually pretty stupid, and once the question moves away from a prepared pat answer, and he has to think, he is stuffed. His only solution is an earpiece feeding him everything he has to say, and I am sure that is not allowed.

The whole election just reminds me of the film " Sophie's Choice ".

Whilst I pray that Trump gets humiliated in the vote I so want to see him explain away the  reasons why there was no wall built.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 01, 2016, 11:18:09 AM »

He had no real opposition (once Jesse Ventura decided not to run). He has a massive background compared to the other options  and he was endorsed by all the leading Libertarians, including Ventura, Drew Carey, both Penn and Teller and Marvin Bush (brother of Dubya and Jeb), plus just about everyone who has ever held office in the Libertarian Party. When you consider that one of his two main opponents was John McAfee (as in the anti-virus software), who is literally insane (and I do mean literally), you can see why he crushed them. That party desperately needs better candidates.

Jesse Ventura, there's a blast from the past Cheesy

Who'll be running next time, Hulk Hogan?

This is even better than House of Cards!

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: October 01, 2016, 01:28:24 PM »

All those candidates are Trump-esque when you think about it, though much more likeable.

The fella who played Jacob in Lost is also the leader of the American Capitalist Party

Before we judge we do appear to have this fella inching his way into politics
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 01, 2016, 01:40:10 PM »

First page when I searched ACP, so that's me until racing starts Smiley

<3 Lost

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 01, 2016, 02:00:33 PM »

Jesse Ventura, there's a blast from the past Cheesy

Who'll be running next time, Hulk Hogan?

This is even better than House of Cards!

Jesse Ventura was Governor of the State of Minnesota. It's hard to believe, but it happened. He has a long history of political involvement, serving a term as Mayor of his home city and then somehow got elected as Governor, catching the main parties off-guard. He served a full term and didn't destroy the State.

If you want to be governed by someone who is into every conspiracy theory going, he's your man. That his running-mate was going to be Howard Stern tells you all you need to know. "We Can't Be Any Worse Than The Other Guys" must be the worst political slogan ever.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 01, 2016, 03:09:25 PM »

Nigel Farage to coach Donald Trump before next presidential debate.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/01/nigel-farage-donald-trump-ukip-presidential-debate-us?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 01, 2016, 03:12:21 PM »

Donald Trump and the Dunning-Kruger effect — when stupid people don’t know they are stupid

http://www.salon.com/2016/09/30/idiocracy-now-donald-trump-and-the-dunning-kruger-effect-when-stupid-people-dont-know-they-are-stupid

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 01, 2016, 04:03:55 PM »

That's amazing. What a career step for Farage.

He is a fantastic debater, but so are Giuliani and Christie. I'm not sure what he brings that they wouldn't.

Cruz said on a radio show a couple of days ago that he has offered to help with debate prep. That's the offer they really should have taken up - Cruz was a multiple US Champion debater (really).

In short, Farage, Giuliani and Christie are all master debaters, but Cruz is the greatest master debater of them all.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #776 on: October 01, 2016, 07:01:39 PM »

That's amazing. What a career step for Farage.

He is a fantastic debater, but so are Giuliani and Christie. I'm not sure what he brings that they wouldn't.

Cruz said on a radio show a couple of days ago that he has offered to help with debate prep. That's the offer they really should have taken up - Cruz was a multiple US Champion debater (really).

In short, Farage, Giuliani and Christie are all master debaters, but Cruz is the greatest master debater of them all.

It's rather irrelevant as he never seems to listen to advise anyway.

One of his problems is that there are too many people giving different ideas in the room, he needs to pick 3 who give consistent advise and then follow it.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: October 01, 2016, 07:17:22 PM »

The funny thing with Trump is that it was his debating style that got him this far, he destroyed all of the Republican nominees, now in order to debate Hillary he is being a bit more restrained and moving a little more towards the centre, so he seems to have lost what got him here along the way.

I guess the question is whether this more restrained Trump is winning over the undecideds. It might. For all the folks saying 'he lost' right now there might also be some undecideds saying 'well he didn't get his old man out and wave it at her, so he wasn't as bad as I worried he would be.'

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 02, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »

Presidential candidate Gary Johnson shows he is just as bad as the rest of them when it comes to splashing obscene amounts of money on advertising.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 02, 2016, 07:06:59 PM »

Trump showed us again last night why he will be a President the world will respect.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: