blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:20:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664605 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: November 07, 2016, 05:02:38 PM »

Anyone see the Anthony Wiener doc on BBC4 last night? It was amazing, one of the most revealing political docs I've ever seen.

Literally, I imagine Grin

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1081 on: November 07, 2016, 05:09:31 PM »

Anyone see the Anthony Wiener doc on BBC4 last night? It was amazing, one of the most revealing political docs I've ever seen.

Barry loves Wiener
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 07, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »

Nope, but gonna have to at some point now that you've mentioned it. I'm sure it would be fascinating. Apparently it was Hillary who pushed him and Huma together.

Biden's reaction when he was told that Weiner was the source of the email resurrection last week:

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 07, 2016, 06:06:35 PM »

Staying up late tomorrow night?Here's a guide for this side of the pond on when the results start to come in in every state

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 07, 2016, 06:45:38 PM »

What happens if the elcted winner decides not to accept the Presidency?

Another election or the winning party nominate a different person for President?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 07, 2016, 07:54:38 PM »

What happens if the elcted winner decides not to accept the Presidency?

Another election or the winning party nominate a different person for President?

It would be similar to a President-elect dying before inauguration.

The President is elected when the Electoral College votes, not tomorrow. If the Pres-elect dies or declines after that, it is like a resignation/death in office and the VP-elect gets the job. If it is before, the party can nominate whoever they want. It's actually a bit more complicated than that, but neither has ever happened.

Incidentally, the EC votes in December but, for some antiquated reason, the votes don't get counted until 6 Jan, so there is uncertainty about whether the Pres is elected when the EC votes or the votes are counted, and what would happen if they died during that time.

If something happened to both the Pres and VP-elect, the Speaker of the House would be promoted - welcome President Ryan.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 07, 2016, 08:36:56 PM »

Rogan just gone live with Dave Rubin

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 08, 2016, 12:28:32 AM »

Not that it changes our life that much (unless The Don presses the red button lol), but does anyone actually want trump to win?

Ok I'll rephrase that, there will be people on here who do want trump to win, but is there anyone willing to admit that publicly? 
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 08, 2016, 01:01:13 AM »

First result will be tonight from Dixville Notch, New Hampshire, at one minute past midnight, Eastern Time, more than five hours before other polling stations open. They usually have less than a dozen voters, who all collect just before midnight and vote on the dot.

2012:

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 08, 2016, 02:22:47 AM »

Not that it changes our life that much (unless The Don presses the red button lol), but does anyone actually want trump to win?

Ok I'll rephrase that, there will be people on here who do want trump to win, but is there anyone willing to admit that publicly? 

I'm not particulary fond of Clinton, she looks a really fake person whenever she's speaking and the smiles & waves are just as fake. I think I've began to like Trump, he does seem to want the best for USA, but is just too honest and often doesn't help himself. I could never ever vote for Clinton, but could see myself liking the trump train.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 08, 2016, 02:40:10 AM »

I'm not particulary fond of Clinton, she looks a really fake person whenever she's speaking and the smiles & waves are just as fake. I think I've began to like Trump, he does seem to want the best for USA, but is just too honest and often doesn't help himself. I could never ever vote for Clinton, but could see myself liking the trump train.

She looks fake, because she is pretty much, as are most career politicians, in my limited experience of seeing them. He's no better, and I think he was about 40% worse on the fact checking of both candidates during speeches/debates.

That said, she's not emotionally retarded, and in possession of a teenager's temperament. That is what I'd consider the biggest red flag for someone wanting to be running the most powerful nation on earth.

Pretty com that he has managed to get this far, or rather they both have, as they're terrible, terrible people, imo.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 08, 2016, 03:25:45 AM »

I don't think that having Trump as President would be as bad as we imagine. A number of his positions are to the left of mainstream Republicans and would be more socially responsible to our eyes. In areas where he didn't have a developed view, he has simply adopted the mainstream GOP position, so would be no better or worse than a traditional Republican President. On his headline policies, he'd get the irrelevant wall, but the more extreme ones would get tied up in Congress and never happen. The main tension would be around his isolationism, both anti-trade protectionism and non-intervention in world affairs, though it's hard to know to what extent either would come to pass.

I'm actually surprised, though, that you're not on the Trump train. I would have thought he was right up your and arbboy's street.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 08, 2016, 03:40:00 AM »

Heavy rain is likely in reliably Republican central Southern States tomorrow, but elsewhere is mainly expected to be okay weather-wise.

Why does ithe matter? Because bad weather is good news for Republican candidates. Their supporters tend to be more determined to turn up and are more likely to have their own transport. At the most extreme it is reckoned to have a 3-4% effect. Bad weather on Election Day was one more variable that cost Al Gore the 2000 election.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 08, 2016, 04:02:13 AM »

Kelly Anne Conway might be the most irritating person I've seen, from either side, and including the donald!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 08, 2016, 04:03:21 AM »

Heavy rain is likely in reliably Republican central Southern States tomorrow, but elsewhere is mainly expected to be okay weather-wise.

Why does ithe matter? Because bad weather is good news for Republican candidates. Their supporters tend to be more determined to turn up and are more likely to have their own transport. At the most extreme it is reckoned to have a 3-4% effect. Bad weather on Election Day was one more variable that cost Al Gore the 2000 election.

They'll be doing their raindance in Trump towers then, lol.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: