blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 08:44:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272927 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 680231 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: November 12, 2016, 10:29:36 AM »

How long will it take til the backlash?

It is impossible for Trump to fulfill all of the campaign promises. Some of them are contradictory, such as carrying out a vast infrastructure building programme and strenghening the military, while cutting individual and corporate taxes, and reducing the deficit. Obviously there is more to it but, when you're already starting with a deficit, you gotta balance it out somehow.

Apart from that, there is the political difficulty of getting his policies through Congress, even a Republican Congress. As noted before, getting anything done requires compromises, and it is inevitable that he will have to give up some things to get others through. Some pledges may be completely frustrated. When things don't happen, supporters may give him credit for trying or for partial success, or they may conclude that he is not that different to the rest after all.

How long til Alex Jones lets him have it? Less than two years? Obama has recovered now but, by half-way through his first term, disillusion was so rife that Democratic candidates didn't want him accompanying them in the mid-term campaign. How unpopular could Trump be with his own supporters in two or four years?

i don't think a lot of this applies

people wanted "change". many of these people won't care that the mexico wall is a campaign device as Gingrich said yesterday, or that promises aren't delivered. its enough that its not Clinton/political elite etc

same as the leave campaign here. remainers can froth at the mouth that the £350m pw to the NHS on the side of a bus is bollocks but how many leave supporters have you heard complain about it being unrealistic? none? they won the vote, thats enough. boris and farage could brazenlyh row back from it in the week following the result too

its a "post-fact" politicial landscape. gone are the days where a party can make 100 promises in a manifesto not deliver 90 of them and get held to account for it.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 12, 2016, 10:31:00 AM »

Clinton set to win by 1.7%, but obv lose electoral college

in context

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1337 on: November 12, 2016, 11:10:22 AM »

How long til Alex Jones lets him have it? Less than two years?

Non Trump guys will obviously blame him for EVERYTHING bad that happens from this point on. ISIS blow up a school in France tomorrow? Trump.

But the Alex Jones of this world I'd set the line at two years and take the over, Trump's die hards I think are the mirror image of the Corbynistas and will happily blame media conspiracy for everything for the news two years at least.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1338 on: November 12, 2016, 11:11:10 AM »

How long til Alex Jones lets him have it? Less than two years?

Non Trump guys will obviously blame him for EVERYTHING bad that happens from this point on. ISIS blow up a school in France tomorrow? Trump.

But the Alex Jones of this world I'd set the line at two years and take the over, Trump's die hards I think are the mirror image of the Corbynistas and will happily blame media conspiracy for everything for the news two years at least.

That would be a fun Buzzfeed thingy -" who said it, Trump fans or Corbyn fans?".
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 12, 2016, 11:46:28 AM »

Clinton set to win by 1.7%, but obv lose electoral college

in context

i should have added this

a key point

"Clinton set to win popular vote by 1.5% (two million). Democrats, like Labour, pile up wasted votes in cities."

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 13, 2016, 10:01:02 AM »

jomny sun @jonnysun

biden: cmon you gotta print a fake birth certificate, put it in an envelope labeled "SECRET" and leave it in the oval office desk
obama: joe

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 13, 2016, 10:56:21 AM »

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 13, 2016, 10:56:57 AM »

Greg Popovich, coach of the San Antonio Spurs

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 13, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »

you have to chuckle don't you?

first the "outsider" looks to be appointing wall street bankers and lobbyists to his cabinet

then from our perspective the first UK politician to meet him is..oh, wait, in a gold lift too?

Not difficult to see why EU foreign ministers want an emergency meet tonight- the new US President is meeting politicians who back EU disintegration. meanwhile our foreign secretary won't be attending.

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1344 on: November 13, 2016, 11:20:13 AM »

you have to chuckle don't you?

first the "outsider" looks to be appointing wall street bankers and lobbyists to his cabinet

then from our perspective the first UK politician to meet him is..oh, wait, in a gold lift too?

Not difficult to see why EU foreign ministers want an emergency meet tonight- the new US President is meeting politicians who back EU disintegration. meanwhile our foreign secretary won't be attending.

Farage goes to another country and steals someone's job.

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 13, 2016, 11:28:10 AM »

Tell you what though, Politics is much more fun these days, & 2016 might have been the most interesting ever, or at least in my lifetime.

Fun? As in really depressing.

Biggest liar gets to win? No barriers to tax dodgers, scumbags, racists and misoginists taking power?  Sad that people have such poor education that they believe any old rubbish that the protagonists come out with.  Though the career politicians have bought a lot of it on themselves through their own dishonesty over the years.

I do hope Drumpf starts stepping away from some of his pledges and that we can find a way to make a success out of Brexit.  Fun seems a long shot though. 

I was the person screaming idiots and racists at the people that voted for Brexit and if I had a stronger view on the presidency this term then I would have probably screamed idiot at anyone that wanted to vote for Drumpf "What? You want to vote for a racist? Look at the stuff he is saying!?".

I also thought that it was annoying that these so called "uneducated old idiots" would all vote Brexit because I believed that it was a stupid thing to vote for (I still don't think it's a good solution) but since Brexit it has got me thinking. Why are so many people voting against what I believe is the right decision? I am a pretty level headed person and try to see things from other perspectives but this one really just baffled me.

I get it now. Older people have been around the block for longer and a lot of them are pretty wise to the politicians game. I think younger people are too trustworthy and despite the most wanting good in the world, the current political system doesn't seem to play ball. It's a complete farce because they all have their own agendas which means aligning their views with family/friends/politicians to satisfy their own greed. I believe it's actually much more complicated than just this, but my conclusion is that older people are wiser and have had to suffer with the bullshit of politics for a lot longer. When the same politicians come along saying "change!" and things are just equally shit or worse for them, they are going to stop believing it and just get more angry.

Until there is a big change in the politics game, I will be voting for whatever is the most drastic outcome. My views won't necessarily align with the person I'm voting for, nor do I actually believe such a large proportion of Brexit or Drumpf voters are racist, but it's how I've decided to play this stupid game from now on.

This just sums it up for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Pie always wins.

Yup spot on, the rant at 3.40 onwards is what I've always been saying....
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: November 13, 2016, 12:08:45 PM »

Cheesy

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 13, 2016, 12:53:09 PM »

Tell you what though, Politics is much more fun these days, & 2016 might have been the most interesting ever, or at least in my lifetime.

Biggest liar gets to win? No barriers to tax dodgers, scumbags, racists and misoginists taking power?  Sad that people have such poor education that they believe any old rubbish that the protagonists come out with.  Though the career politicians have bought a lot of it on themselves through their own dishonesty over the years.

I do hope Drumpf starts stepping away from some of his pledges and that we can find a way to make a success out of Brexit.  Fun seems a long shot though. 

I was the person screaming idiots and racists at the people that voted for Brexit and if I had a stronger view on the presidency this term then I would have probably screamed idiot at anyone that wanted to vote for Drumpf "What? You want to vote for a racist? Look at the stuff he is saying!?".

I also thought that it was annoying that these so called "uneducated old idiots" would all vote Brexit because I believed that it was a stupid thing to vote for (I still don't think it's a good solution) but since Brexit it has got me thinking. Why are so many people voting against what I believe is the right decision? I am a pretty level headed person and try to see things from other perspectives but this one really just baffled me.

I get it now. Older people have been around the block for longer and a lot of them are pretty wise to the politicians game. I think younger people are too trustworthy and despite the most wanting good in the world, the current political system doesn't seem to play ball. It's a complete farce because they all have their own agendas which means aligning their views with family/friends/politicians to satisfy their own greed. I believe it's actually much more complicated than just this, but my conclusion is that older people are wiser and have had to suffer with the bullshit of politics for a lot longer. When the same politicians come along saying "change!" and things are just equally shit or worse for them, they are going to stop believing it and just get more angry.

Until there is a big change in the politics game, I will be voting for whatever is the most drastic outcome. My views won't necessarily align with the person I'm voting for, nor do I actually believe such a large proportion of Brexit or Drumpf voters are racist, but it's how I've decided to play this stupid game from now on.

Pie always wins.

It's the: "My ignorance is just as valuable as your knowledge" argument #Democracy
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: November 13, 2016, 12:54:29 PM »

Biggest liar gets to win? No barriers to tax dodgers, scumbags, racists and misoginists taking power?  Sad that people have such poor education that they believe any old rubbish that the protagonists come out with.  Though the career politicians have bought a lot of it on themselves through their own dishonesty over the years.

I do hope Drumpf starts stepping away from some of his pledges and that we can find a way to make a success out of Brexit.  Fun seems a long shot though.  

Pie always wins.

It's the: "My ignorance is just as valuable as your knowledge" argument #Democracy

Well you fit right into the group he is on about, what you don't seem to realise is that attitude is actually harming the chances of what you would like to see actually happening, hence Brexit, Trump etc.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 12:56:07 PM by Woodsey » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: November 13, 2016, 01:08:39 PM »

"I passionately defend my right to be ignorant" is a very difficult position to combat. I'm very aware the well educated, well informed moderate left are their own worst enemy, it's harder than you might realise to do anything about it though. Any advice would be most welcome.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: